[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Level 3 Link skills

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
We had talked about this in the maple discord, but why is level 3 link 210? what about lowering it to 200? 200 is a bit more attainable of a goal, as its where you get 5th job and unlock the arcane river.
200-210 is also rather tedious for a character you really don't like (in my case, beast tamer and mercedes)
Id love to hear your thoughts on the matter guys!
Retr0_LolaBunnyShadowParadoxbootlickerVM9797KerBansotmjgj96

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    I would agree because the small increase in the stats given from the level 3 isnt that great, it's 200 worthy.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I agree, getting to 210 on each mule is too tedious for little return. Lowering it to 200 would make sense, either that or lowering 200-210 EXP needed would help but that won't happen unless KMS reduces it. However, since KMS doesn't have level 3 link skills, I can see lowering the level requirement to 200 possible.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    glad to see some people agree on this topic ;D curious what nexonn would say to this suggestion.
    edited January 2018
    They’ll probably consider it 10 years from now. Took them a while to release link skill level 2 for hayato and that other one.

At least 205, meet the asking half way
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    They’ll probably consider it 10 years from now. Took them a while to release link skill level 2 for hayato and that other one.

-sigh- my merc is never gonna be 210.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I am selecting 200 because many accomplishments are made when you reach 200 as making an exclusive accomplishment at 210 is kind of silly.

Here is a list of things you accomplish once you reached 200.

-You unlock a level 200 medal as well as unlock Next Legend for your other characters
    -Your Legion attacker tile becomes 4 from 3
    -Your Legion attacker rank changes from S to SS and follow an improved Legion raid formula
    -Hero's Echo is unlocked
    -Fifth Job advancements and skills start becoming available
    -Arcane Symbols are unlocked along with the Matrix system
    -You unlock your final active hyper skill at 200 along with the last passive hyper skill at 200

Changing your character's Link skill level to 3 at level 200 should be an added accomplishment once you reach 200 rather than 210. Reaching levels beyond 200 should unlock more areas in the Arcane River as well as improving the formula for your Legion attack power.

PetalmagicShadowParadox
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited January 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I am selecting 200 because many accomplishments are made when you reach 200 as making an exclusive accomplishment at 210 is kind of silly.

Here is a list of things you accomplish once you reached 200.

-You unlock a level 200 medal as well as unlock Next Legend for your other characters
    -Your Legion attacker tile becomes 4 from 3
    -Your Legion attacker rank changes from S to SS and follow an improved Legion raid formula
    -Hero's Echo is unlocked
    -Fifth Job advancements and skills start becoming available
    -Arcane Symbols are unlocked along with the Matrix system
    -You unlock your final active hyper skill at 200 along with the last passive hyper skill at 200

Changing your character's Link skill level to 3 at level 200 should be an added accomplishment once you reach 200 rather than 210. Reaching levels beyond 200 should unlock more areas in the Arcane River as well as improving the formula for your Legion attack power.

That is a super good amount of points daxter.
    edited January 2018
    Or if they’re not willing to change the levels of the link skills, give the level 3 a slight buff to make it worthwhile
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Actually, Daxterbeer's list of level 200 perks means that you want to be getting level 3 link skill "for free". Assuming we're talking about a mule, you're leveling it to 200 for the legion effect anyway.

When level 3 link skills were added, they were intentionally set at level 210, beyond the old cap and where you get your Hero's Echo etc. They were meant to be there only for those willing to put in crazy amounts of effort for any gains, however small. And you need to remember that, at the time, we didn't even have any high-level training grounds.
    Leveling to 200 now is much easier than it was back then. So, putting level 3 link skills at 200, now, would be going against the intentions of the designers who knew exactly how challenging 210 is.

However, because of the changes to the exp curve and the huge jump between 200 and 201, I'd be willing to accept a "compromise", of say level 205. Make people put in an extra effort, beyond legion-mule leveling, for their level 3 link skill. But not quite as many billions of exp beyond what was originally designed.

DarkPassengerPetalmagicIvangoldKerBansot
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    We need to add level 3 to the links that don't have it. Also they should considering making the cannon link stronger. For example, maybe 30/60/90 all stats. The current level 3 cannon link is weaker than hayato's level 2.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Sadly cannoneer is one of the first link skill you want to get rid of because of his weakness. If you're not maining cannoneer, there's no point to lvlupping yours over 200 if you don't want the SSS legion block.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    Sadly cannoneer is one of the first link skill you want to get rid of because of his weakness. If you're not maining cannoneer, there's no point to lvlupping yours over 200 if you don't want the SSS legion block.

Demon Avengers love the Cannoneer link :)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    of course it wouldn't matter that some links are a bit weaker if we had no cap to the number of links we can use. Remove the cap please.
    Ivangold
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited February 2018
    Why not just give all classes with lv 2 links have lv 3 links? I never understood why da can get 15% total dmg lv 3 link but kannas can't....
    Petalmagic
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2018
    I'd also like to see explorers and the like being given link skills. I know that link skills were only developed as a way to encourage playing newer classes but seeing as though Aran and Evan got their own link skill, it would make sense to give explorers their own.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I do agree that we shouldn't have to choose a link skill, having every link skills would be nice.
    edited February 2018
    explorer link - final damage + 1% at level 1 stacks up to 5 times. at level 2 it'd be 10% final damage after 5 stacked.

so level 2 it'd be 2% per stack
  • HyrabaroHyrabaro
    Reactions: 895
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I really enjoy this idea, and also if that will happend it will make me to add more time on my mules.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Would be nice if it was 200 for me.
  • LoyalMSplayerLoyalMSplayer
    Reactions: 640
    edited February 2018
    yes this would be good if nexon actually implemented it