[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Level 3 Link skills

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2018
    Why not just give all classes with lv 2 links have lv 3 links? I never understood why da can get 15% total dmg lv 3 link but kannas can't....

Yeah, Kanna link should get al evel 3 since its basically the same as DA link. Probably wouldn't be too hard to implement either.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited February 2018
    I think it is a terrible idea adding more level 3 links, or lowering the level 3 links from 210 to 200. i put in way too much effort to get my level 3 link skills i want the bar to stay hard and high so common folk can't achieve it.
    DarkPassenger
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2018
    I think it is a terrible idea adding more level 3 links, or lowering the level 3 links from 210 to 200. i put in way too much effort to get my level 3 link skills i want the bar to stay hard and high so common folk can't achieve it.

You're being sarcastic right? o-o
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2018
    Leveling between 1-200 is quite different from leveling 200-250. After reaching 200, the leveling reminds me of old maplestory.

People normally won't level their link skill characters up from 120 to 210 because the effort it takes is not really worth spending.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    People normally won't level their link skill characters up from 120 to 210 because the effort it takes is not really worth spending.

This is exactly why I think more links should have level 3. Give people a reward for putting in the effort. Also increase max link skill limit.
  • VM9797VM9797
    Reactions: 920
    edited February 2018

I think it's quite "offensive" to use this as an argument. Why would it hurt you if people with less time, or funds could reach this milestone more easily? Sure there are people on YT reaching level 200 in 2 hours but "common folks" usually can't, it takes a lot more time and effort. And also, a really high level means a LOT of training, discouraging people from reaching that milestone at all. The whole point of link skills is to make it rewarding to train many (if not all) jobs to a limit. But if that limit is way too high, then what's the point? Most of my link mules are at level 120, because 210 is way too high, and if a job does not really fit me, then I'm discouraged, why should I put many many hours and mesos (not to mention NX to get 2x XP to speed up the process) to play with a job I don't really enjoy, if the payoff is really small?
    Sure small bonuses add up, but still...
    Mehia
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited February 2018
    Agree with this. Tbh back then, I didn't even consider level 3 links. Level 70 for the first one, then 50 levels again for the 2nd one at 120 was a reasonable ask. But the 90 level jump from 120-210 for such a small increase was too big for me.

I decided going for it after managing to get an unfunded PB to 200, but now, I have plenty of link skill mules that can't seem to get past 202, and the only reason they got to 202 is from the 5th job exp pots.
  • GaliPakoGaliPako
    Reactions: 100
    Ppl why dont say anything for this? to do possible?