[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroid ideas for less player stress

Comments

• EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2018
    It may be easy for you, but there a lot of people who just aren't good. The difficulty is fine, it doesn't need to be raised higher just because you think it is too easy.

I know how people suffer in this event, but all I hear is the difficulty lies in B1 and F1. Do people much talk and complain about B4-B2? They aren't ridiculously hardcore. I mentioned this because the gap between b1 & f1 and b4-b2 is too huge but at the same time I want them still challenging.

I would say b4-b2 is 3-4 out of 10 and b1-f1 9 out of 10. I hope you folks understand that previous maplestory jump quests such as zakum pre-quest have been much challenging then this event. I simply flame at f1 stage because all it requires is pure luck rather than jump-quest-skills and experience.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    It may be easy for you, but there a lot of people who just aren't good. The difficulty is fine, it doesn't need to be raised higher just because you think it is too easy.

Its just a nexon-dont-care feedback and you don't need to tilt about of it. I know how people suffer in this event, but all I hear is the difficulty lies in B1 and F1. Do people much talk and complain about B4-B2? They aren't ridiculously hardcore. I mentioned this because the gap between b1 & f1 and b4-b2 is too huge but at the same time I want them still challenging.

I would say b4-b2 is 3-4 out of 10 and b1-f1 9 out of 10. I hope you folks understand that previous maplestory jump quests such as zakum pre-quest have been much challenging then this event. I simply flame at f1 stage because all it requires is pure luck rather than jump-quest-skills and experience.

Zakum JQ is way easier than Wondroid :T You don't get one shot by the steam there. You don't have to completely backtrack the whole JQ, its also not 5 stages (if you count F1)
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Zakum JQ is way easier than Wondroid :T You don't get one shot by the steam there. You don't have to completely backtrack the whole JQ, its also not 5 stages (if you count F1)

Of course, you don't die there, but you start all over once you fall(and I believe there are mobs to make you fall). Ludibrium JQ is also like this. Wondroid on the other hand has at least one checkpoint each stage(5 total), and tbh all stage accept B1 is not even that long. I bet I find these quests much harder than wondroid because these quests are fixed speed-100 jump-100 which is hard to adopt.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited February 2018

I got "rich" from selling eyes of fire. Difference between Zak JQ and Wondroid JQ for me:

1. I don't die at Zak JQ. I lose HP sure, but die? Never. And with no timer, I can wait for my HP to regen before moving forward. Wondroid - get hit once and die.
    2. I had months to learn and master Zak JQ which is good because it took me months to learn and master it. Wondroid is only til the 27th.
    3. I had hours to spend in the map. I could literally hang in a safe spot, take an hour long break to regain some sanity or jump in glee after clearing a pretty difficult part and still have however long I want to finish the rest. Wondroid - B1 is what, 15 minutes?
    4. No moving platforms in Zak. You just time your jumps to the gas. Your jump is your own call. Wondroid JQ - you're constantly being pushed towards the steam or if you get past that, the laser is moving to where you are. I'm okay with timing, but timing against something is a whole different basket.

Tbh though, the most frustrating part is how much of our difficulty is being downplayed/trolled by the "elites" who managed to do it. I hope at the end of the event, Nexon or someone makes a poll asking how far we got into the event and let the numbers speak. Three of my friends didn't even bother with this event because they couldn't even do Zak JQ.

And it wasn't about being a quitter either. Sometimes you just have to accept that some things are not meant for you. Why take engineering when you suck at Math, right? I'm not saying this should be unbelievably easy but consider the factors being asked of players here vs what other events ask for.

Attendance - time. possibly damage but even w/ low damage, mobs w/in your level will still be killable.
    Timed quests - time and reliable internet otherwise you restart.
    Haste - time, damage, patience to get roughly 100k kills.
    Minigames - time, skill (for yut, kite rider)
    Jewel craft - time, RNG
    Breakthrough/burning - time

And now wondroid - time, reliable internet (because god forbid you dc at B1/F1), patience, skill, RNG. It's almost asking for all that you have except damage.

This event is definitely not for everyone, but it seems nobody seems to realize that not only is it not for everyone, it's more geared towards a select few. So, good luck with this @Petalmagic. All I got from saying anything about this event was get called a QQer and told to "git gud".
    Petalmagic
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Would anyone know how to unlock Anastasia? I've rescued all the wondroids except her. I forgot what I did last time but I don't see any quests telling me how to get her. I'm trying to do Adam and Eve but apparently you have to rescue all 8 wondroids before you can.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Stallben wrote: »
    Would anyone know how to unlock Anastasia? I've rescued all the wondroids except her. I forgot what I did last time but I don't see any quests telling me how to get her. I'm trying to do Adam and Eve but apparently you have to rescue all 8 wondroids before you can.

You have to purchase the Aspire VIP Area Pass to access the VIP area and rescue the Anastasia Wondroid.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2018
    KerBansot wrote: »

I got "rich" from selling eyes of fire. Difference between Zak JQ and Wondroid JQ for me:

1. I don't die at Zak JQ. I lose HP sure, but die? Never. And with no timer, I can wait for my HP to regen before moving forward. Wondroid - get hit once and die.
    2. I had months to learn and master Zak JQ which is good because it took me months to learn and master it. Wondroid is only til the 27th.
    3. I had hours to spend in the map. I could literally hang in a safe spot, take an hour long break to regain some sanity or jump in glee after clearing a pretty difficult part and still have however long I want to finish the rest. Wondroid - B1 is what, 15 minutes?
    4. No moving platforms in Zak. You just time your jumps to the gas. Your jump is your own call. Wondroid JQ - you're constantly being pushed towards the steam or if you get past that, the laser is moving to where you are. I'm okay with timing, but timing against something is a whole different basket.

Tbh though, the most frustrating part is how much of our difficulty is being downplayed/trolled by the "elites" who managed to do it. I hope at the end of the event, Nexon or someone makes a poll asking how far we got into the event and let the numbers speak. Three of my friends didn't even bother with this event because they couldn't even do Zak JQ.

And it wasn't about being a quitter either. Sometimes you just have to accept that some things are not meant for you. Why take engineering when you suck at Math, right? I'm not saying this should be unbelievably easy but consider the factors being asked of players here vs what other events ask for.

Attendance - time. possibly damage but even w/ low damage, mobs w/in your level will still be killable.
    Timed quests - time and reliable internet otherwise you restart.
    Haste - time, damage, patience to get roughly 100k kills.
    Minigames - time, skill (for yut, kite rider)
    Jewel craft - time, RNG
    Breakthrough/burning - time

And now wondroid - time, reliable internet (because god forbid you dc at B1/F1), patience, skill, RNG. It's almost asking for all that you have except damage.

This event is definitely not for everyone, but it seems nobody seems to realize that not only is it not for everyone, it's more geared towards a select few. So, good luck with this @Petalmagic. All I got from saying anything about this event was get called a QQer and told to "git gud".

Well I feel the pain, that's why I speak out about it. I don't want this event to be so horrific, I shouldn't have to take anxiety medication just to be able to palate an EVENT. Your points on Zak JQ are really good too, I could afk for a while, I didn't have an anxiety inducing time limit...