[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make some buffs persistent (!NOT permanent)

VM9797VM9797
Reactions: 920
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone!

So my idea is to select a few buffs, and make them persistent, so when a character DCs, or the game crashes, (maybe extend to death) these buffs would still remain active. Sure, the timer should still tick, even when not online, just do not delete them.
Example:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who encountered similar a similar problem. Let's say I activate a 2x EXP in-game buff (not the NX item), and it lasts for 1 hour. After 5 minute of playing, the game randomly crashes, or it throws you back to character selection, due to DC, or a meteor crashes into your computer, but you resume to play on your laptop or other computer (just a hypothetical situation), you log back in, and no more 2x buff. And to be honest, it's quite annoying. And it's the same for death. It's much more rare, but sometimes happens, and you don't always own a buff freezer. (The death part is not critical, I'm more concerned about the DCs or crashes).
My guess is nexon is trying to fight this by giving 4x15 min instead of 1x1 hour, but that's not always the case.
To make things more annoying, the game remembers that you used a rune, and keeps the debuff, even after being offline (which is of course to avoid any kind of exploits, and it's totally fine) but it forgets my 2x.
So why not pick only a very few buffs, and make sure they remain active even after a re-log?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Most EXP buffs do persist after disconnecting.
    If you've encountered a specific one that does not, please tell us so we can ask for it to be fixed.
  • Seal_Seal_
    Reactions: 885
    edited February 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Most EXP buffs do persist after disconnecting.
    If you've encountered a specific one that does not, please tell us so we can ask for it to be fixed.

One that comes to mind are the MVP EXP buffs.