[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increase reward points payouts from bosses

DorDor
Reactions: 710
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
[A little bit of a back story]
Since I came back to MS about 2 months ago after not playing for almost 3 years, I caught up on many of the changes, more specifically the new reward points system, I learned I could use it to expand my inventory and cube my items since I am not interested in spending money on the game, since then getting a few inventory expansions and all of the monthly cubes had been my goal.

I used Star Planet for the majority of the reward points I acquired, with one character I'd get 1.5k reward points a day, and starting this month I've used a character in two worlds for 3k reward points a day, put into perspective, I only make 400 to 620 reward points a day from bossing against the bosses I can currently solo (normal hilla, ht, chaos ht, easy magnus, normal RA, normal and madman ranmaru, gollux, normal zakum and normal pinkbean) depending on how many of those bosses I reach to (I give up on a boss if the queue takes too long, hence why it's not always 620 reward points), to mock these payouts even further, one win in a long game of Yut in Star Planet may give up to x4.5 times the amount of reward points a single boss would give, one win in a long game of One Card may give up to x3 times (...), a loss in a long game of either could give up to x1.5 times (...).

[The Problem]
Star Planet is shutting down, taking out a major source of daily reward points.

I know that it has been said that there would be events which would increase reward points payouts to make up for Star Planet shutting down, but those events would do very little to help when previously 1.5k reward points per world could be achieved daily at ease, I do not believe that temporary events are anywhere close to being a proper alternative, I think these events would be great but it still keeps the monthly cap out of reach outside of events unless one intends to work on 3 different average range characters in 3 different worlds to farm the same bosses 3 times to get to the same amount of reward points you could get from an hour or so in Star Planet.

Using Star Planet I could reach the reward points monthly cap by simply getting 1.5k points every day for 30 days, or, with two characters, as I have done beginning this month, get there faster with only 15 days of work. I could buy out all the cubes (17k) and a few inventory expansions (5 expansions, 25k), with the upcoming removal of Star Planet, reaching that cap wouldn't be possible anymore for players like me.

Going solo, in 30 days, doing all the bosses I can do daily, I'd only end up with 18.6k reward points, this discourages me from my goal to get all the monthly cubes and a few inventory expansions until I end up maxing out my inventory, a constant issue plaguing me with the increasing variety of items I want and/or need to hold. Getting only 18.6k reward points a month means I'll have to give up on cubes in favor of inventory slots, which slows down my ability to cube my gear so I could become stronger.

Before I quit 3 years ago, I was hardly playing for the game's content, I wasn't training or bossing because getting strong enough to boss was too far from reality at the time, I was usually just on to talk with friends more than anything, seeing how much the changes are going to affect my plans to get stronger and to make my inventory manageable, it feels like history is going to repeat itself since my plan which would take a few months to accomplish is now going to take a few years, and that's not something I am going to be doing, I'll probably stop training, stop bossing, just get on to talk with friends and eventually just move out to talk to them using IMs like Skype and Discord just like last time.

[The Solution]
Increase boss payouts to make it possible for an average range player to reach the monthly cap as long as bossing is done every day (with some headroom for days when it might not be possible for one to boss).
While it may sound like a lot, I believe that x3.5 times the amount of the current payouts would be a good mark, for other players who can only solo the bosses I do it'd grant the same amount of reward points Star Planet would give with a little bit extra (I think about the extra as the reward points I got from bosses after getting 1.5k reward points Star Planet, which also provides the headroom I mentioned above).
  1. What do you think about the reward points payouts?17 votes
    1. They're fine, the monthly cap shouldn't be in reach of a single character.
       12% (2 votes)
    2. They should be increased, the monthly cap should be in reach of a single character.
       88% (15 votes)

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Just because KMS shut star planet down doesn't necessarily mean we will too.
  • SereneSkySereneSky
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2016
    Rp from bosses has been seen as a minor issue for a while; for instance, hard bosses give the same amount as lower level bosses, and 50 rp in general is a bit low in some cases.

KMS and GMS have both assured that they would be adding additional ways to get reward points following the closures of star planet, which I hope will be followed up on soon. For now, another source of rp is from monster collection, so you should think about starting on that, or waiting for an update adding more sources of rp.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    I agree that the reward payouts for bosses should be increased but not for the reasons you stated. CPB is a way different ballgame than PB, yet they give the same amount of RP (50). This is pretty much the case for all the bosses w/ hard versions. This is why I think it should be changed.

On a different note, you should try monster collection. I don't know how time much you spend on star planet and I'm not going to lie, Monster collection does take a while but this will help.

Currently I do the following bosses:
    ra 1
    ra 2
    ra 3
    ra 4
    ht
    zak
    easy mag
    ranmaru
    vl
    ani
    cht
    krexel
    mad ran
    pb/cpb
    hilla
    ephenia
    gollux
    black viking

This ends up to 810 RP. 850 if I get lucky w/ both sides of Pianus.

On MC, I have 3 24-hour boxes that is at an almost constant rate of 200 RP, and one 6 hour box w/ an almost constant rate of 70. So my total for MC per day (assuming I only do 1 6-hour box per day) is 670.

This leaves my total to roughly 1480. I'm not trying to take away from your petition, but just as a side note maybe you should consider Monster Collection to make up for the loss of Star Planet.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    ^ for the post above,

Only if you're doing that dailies.. ain't nobody have time killing bosses 24/7 + Monster collection..... unless you don't have a life like i do.

Anyways, moving on topic..

You can always make multi mules from different servers and farm up 3 hours boxes for extra Maple reward points. I have been doing it and always ended up with 20k+ RP leftover monthly.
  • DorDor
    edited October 2016
    @ClawStaff It's removed with this update, stated in two official posts.

@SereneSky @KerBansot Monster collection is so much more work in comparison to an hour or so in Star Planet, I've tried getting monsters for a set for a few hours before just giving up on the entire thing....
    The 45k reward points cap out of reach unless you can do more bosses like KerBansot does and those monster collection sets, but once again that's so much more work and with 0 headroom, if you mess up and/or you miss a day you're not reaching the cap.
    In my opinion reaching the cap should be possible within 25 days or so, instead of 30, that leaves you with a few days as a "headroom" to make up for days where you couldn't get on and/or you didn't boss.

@KerBansot I agree that it's odd that bosses with different difficulties pay out the same amounts of reward points, but this is not what this thread is about, it's about making players with an average range in reach of the cap without hours of work a day, since not everyone have that much time to put into maple every day.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    @Dor Ah I didn't notice that before, It is rather silly to still have the bosses reward so little points without Star Planet.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    @JorJax and @Dor

I don't play MS 24/7. Unfortunately my job most often takes as long as sixteen hours max and eight hours min. So there ARE days when I miss bossing. I've missed it 3x this month so far but by yesterday I was already at 30k. That route usually takes me an hour. If I can squeeze Commerci in, that's great, but that hardly happens unless it's a weekend. So basically it's just an hour a day.

As for MC, I do whatever I can on weekends. It did take a while, I am in no way saying it doesn't. All I'm saying is, give it a shot. It's a one time investment of your time and effort. After that, it's just one click. And you won't be getting just RP either at that too.

As for me being pro, everyone I know on Maple will laugh if I mention that. I'm nowhere near 1m range clean. Last I checked, I was only at around 850k clean maybe. I don't have tyrants, my gollux stuff has shyt pot, I have no legendary items at all. Worst of all, I'm a bucc, one of the worst bossing classes atm. It's taken me years to perfect my CRA and so much so I'm afraid to go past 12 stars.

All I'm saying is, just consider giving MC and daily bossing a shot. Maybe I'm pro to your eyes, but I was there in your shoes for a very very long time. It gets better w/ just a bit of effort.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

@JorJax and @Dor

I don't play MS 24/7. Unfortunately my job most often takes as long as sixteen hours max and eight hours min. So there ARE days when I miss bossing. I've missed it 3x this month so far but by yesterday I was already at 30k. That route usually takes me an hour. If I can squeeze Commerci in, that's great, but that hardly happens unless it's a weekend. So basically it's just an hour a day.

As for MC, I do whatever I can on weekends. It did take a while, I am in no way saying it doesn't. All I'm saying is, give it a shot. It's a one time investment of your time and effort. After that, it's just one click. And you won't be getting just RP either at that too.

As for me being pro, everyone I know on Maple will laugh if I mention that. I'm nowhere near 1m range clean. Last I checked, I was only at around 850k clean maybe. I don't have tyrants, my gollux stuff has shyt pot, I have no legendary items at all. Worst of all, I'm a bucc, one of the worst bossing classes atm. It's taken me years to perfect my CRA and so much so I'm afraid to go past 12 stars.

All I'm saying is, just consider giving MC and daily bossing a shot. Maybe I'm pro to your eyes, but I was there in your shoes for a very very long time. It gets better w/ just a bit of effort.
    yeh and for those of us who fully geared including the new halloween 24hr stuff our main is still under 30k-40k??

as for your gear, there is the new protection thing thatll let you get a couple more stars safely
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

@JorJax and @Dor

yeh and for those of us who fully geared including the new halloween 24hr stuff our main is still under 30k-40k??

as for your gear, there is the new protection thing thatll let you get a couple more stars safely
    Gearing your character is pretty easy now. What level are you? I can help you decide what to get for almost no mesos, possibly even give you some things if you are on Windia
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Diannika
    Diannika said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

@JorJax and @Dor

Gearing your character is pretty easy now. What level are you? I can help you decide what to get for almost no mesos, possibly even give you some things if you are on Windia
    Thank you for the offer, thats very kind. Im currently playing primarily on reboot, so gear isnt as easy to get as on servers where you can just go buy it. My 2 highest chars on reboot are 130 (actually, i think so is my highest on scania, tho it may be slightly higher... under 140, for sure)

I just got my knuckle mastery up another 20% and switched to 130 weapon (10*) (was doing the couple bosses i can for exp, so just hit 130) and my current range is 37658-41841

Its a LOT harder to get range in reboot since you cant scroll gear, cant buy gear, and no bonus potential.
    for me at least, im generally getting the gear for a certain level just as im ready for the set after it (the weapon being a lucky drop from a boss, but im otherwise still in 120) and thats with +13% item drop rate ability

Its super frustrating when i get gear for one char on another, since you cant even transfer gear within account. (tho im not sure if ive just been lucky or what, but there seems to be much less of that today)

edit to add: when i posted the previous message, my ange WAS under 30-40k ... and this is my strongest char i think, even with my second 'main' on reboot being in frozen gear)
  • DorDor
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

@JorJax and @Dor

My range is only 340k buffed, I can't CRA, my gear isn't great but it slowly got better since I could get cubes with reward points, and once I was done with expanding my inventory the additional reward points would've gone for the wards so I could safely scroll my stuff without any %boom risk.

The problem I am raising here is the lack of proper alternative to how easily you could get 1.5k reward points a day by spending one to two hours in Star Planet and how you could reach the monthly cap, something that is no longer possible to someone with my range, as I said, I have to do all the bosses I can, every day, without messing up and without the game crashing (which it does a lot with the recent update) to get 620 reward points a day, 18.6k reward points after 30 days, that's a slight bit over third of the cap, a cap that previously was in reach for any level 33 character, I'm not saying it should be that easy, but bosses should be way more rewarding than they are now, and perhaps there should be some daily quests besides bossing that would earn you some RP.
    Whatever the changes are, I do not think that a level 203 "unfunded" Bowmaster should be so far from the cap.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    Dor
    Dor said:

My range is only 340k buffed, I can't CRA, my gear isn't great but it slowly got better since I could get cubes with reward points, and once I was done with expanding my inventory the additional reward points would've gone for the wards so I could safely scroll my stuff without any %boom risk.

The problem I am raising here is the lack of proper alternative to how easily you could get 1.5k reward points a day by spending one to two hours in Star Planet and how you could reach the monthly cap, something that is no longer possible to someone with my range, as I said, I have to do all the bosses I can, every day, without messing up and without the game crashing (which it does a lot with the recent update) to get 620 reward points a day, 18.6k reward points after 30 days, that's a slight bit over third of the cap, a cap that previously was in reach for any level 33 character, I'm not saying it should be that easy, but bosses should be way more rewarding than they are now, and perhaps there should be some daily quests besides bossing that would earn you some RP.
    Whatever the changes are, I do not think that a level 203 "unfunded" Bowmaster should be so far from the cap.
    just to help a smidge, you can farm RP from monster collection. Wont get you near cap if you have any kind of life at all, but it helps a bit.
  • DorDor
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

just to help a smidge, you can farm RP from monster collection. Wont get you near cap if you have any kind of life at all, but it helps a bit.
    Exactly the problem.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    Thats why i think they need to adjust the boxes to make up for star planet....
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

gamechanger

Diannika
    Diannika said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

@JorJax and @Dor

Thank you for the offer, thats very kind. Im currently playing primarily on reboot, so gear isnt as easy to get as on servers where you can just go buy it. My 2 highest chars on reboot are 130 (actually, i think so is my highest on scania, tho it may be slightly higher... under 140, for sure)

I just got my knuckle mastery up another 20% and switched to 130 weapon (10*) (was doing the couple bosses i can for exp, so just hit 130) and my current range is 37658-41841

Its a LOT harder to get range in reboot since you cant scroll gear, cant buy gear, and no bonus potential.
    for me at least, im generally getting the gear for a certain level just as im ready for the set after it (the weapon being a lucky drop from a boss, but im otherwise still in 120) and thats with +13% item drop rate ability

Its super frustrating when i get gear for one char on another, since you cant even transfer gear within account. (tho im not sure if ive just been lucky or what, but there seems to be much less of that today)

edit to add: when i posted the previous message, my ange WAS under 30-40k ... and this is my strongest char i think, even with my second 'main' on reboot being in frozen gear)
    Yes, it is indeed harder to increase your range in Reboot. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to help you at this level, but as soon as you hit 140 it will get better, so for now just focus on getting to that level.

Once at 140, you can start getting pensalir equips. But more importantly you can do the Gollux prequests. Once you finish those you can farm gollux every day for his coins. Start off by buying all the gollux rings from the shop and enhance them. It may take a while, but before you know it you will be able to take on normal gollux easily and then just a bit more to fight hard gollux. Also work on PB prequests, he drops pensalir equips all the time for me in Windia so I'm sure it will be the same in Reboot.
  • ilovpvpilovpvp
    Reactions: 945
    edited October 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Just because KMS shut star planet down doesn't necessarily mean we will too.
    Hello please vote here to bring back Star Planet

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/985/please-return-the-legends-return#latest

thank u