[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Removal of /Find command + Teleport rock option

Sam016Sam016
Reactions: 1,880
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey guys, this may or may not concern many players but for people like me, its heartbreaking..
In KMS, there was a patch that made it so /Find command was removed and Teleport rock had become an on/off option in settings menu which allowed you to choose if you wanted people to teleport to you or not.

In KMS this was added due to the amount of stalkers that streamers recieved and such which does not seem to be a major issue in GMS, now in GMS there is a huge problem with hackers... Hackers can appear offline so my only method of finding, recording and reporting them is to use the Hyper Teleport rock and /Find command.

IF we get the new change from KMS, this will pretty much shut down one of the only ways of tracking down hackers for reporting which will become a huge problem as hackers start to climb up ranks more and more.. I wish Nexon would please re-consider the adding of this option (if it was going to be added)

Edit: Late edit but as we saw, Nexon has decided to add this feature but that doesn't mean we can't reverse it
NibboRenniMewBlueberrymjgj96ShokunKaYoTraveler5577

Comments

• NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Yeah I agree GMS has no good reason to add those changes. This would only increase the amount of hackers, which would completely ruin the game for everyone else :(
    Sam016Traveler5577
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Hiya, I can also agree with not bringing in this change since removing the command will only make tracking down botters and hackers a lot worse for us. We have forwarded this concern, thanks for your feedback. :)
    Sam016ArgentSlicedTimeKhongimjgj96NibboTraveler5577Muhhh
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited February 2018
    Thank you! I'm sure if this change went through, the situation would escalate much higher than it already is :(
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    We've been asking for years to remove the ability to block /find and they haven't budged so I won't count on them to block the htr disable.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited February 2018
    Nibbo wrote: »
    Yeah I agree GMS has no good reason to add those changes. This would only increase the amount of hackers, which would completely ruin the game for everyone else :(

Do not get your hopes up, this is Nexon we're talking about, they're very unpredictable. in fact, I won't be surprised at all if they will release it, hackers always won at the end :/
    Sam016 wrote: »
    Thank you! I'm sure if this change went through, the situation would escalate much higher than it already is :(

Do not get your hopes up, this is Nexon we're talking about, they're very unpredictable. in fact, I won't be surprised at all if they will release it, hackers always won at the end :/
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    We've been asking for years to remove the ability to block /find and they haven't budged so I won't count on them to block the htr disable.

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I would rather have the /find command removed and have htr as an on/off toggle. They do not respond to harassment reports in a timely enough manner to make want these features to continue to be the same as what we have now. Harassment is a serious matter, and they should be dealing with this immediately, they do not; therefore, this change will do what they can't - which is protect players from bullying, etc. ...
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited February 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »
    I would rather have the /find command removed and have htr as an on/off toggle. They do not respond to harassment reports in a timely enough manner to make want these features to continue to be the same as what we have now. Harassment is a serious matter, and they should be dealing with this immediately, they do not; therefore, this change will do what they can't - which is protect players from bullying, etc. ...

I don't think removing the /find command is a proper or effective way to tackle the issue of harassment in-game. If I remember correctly, players can block users or change their status to Offline to prevent people from stalking them through the /find command, so I see no reason to get rid of the /find command when it is also a convenient tool to track hackers/botters and get in contact with players who do not read the chat box. I don't know how quickly the team deals with harassment, but I do know that hackers and botters have been a serious issue for a long time, affecting overall game play. So while harassment is an issue, it has somewhat of a solution already, whereas the /find command is necessary until there is a more effective way to combat hackers/botters. KMS does not have many hackers/botters but has a bigger player base and game culture, so removing said features makes more sense for KMS but not so much for GMS.
    Sam016Nibbo
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited February 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »

Ain't they increasing the black list count to 100 and as the above comment mentioned, they can use offline status too (which helps hackers too but thats why I use teleport rock)

The /Find command is very handy as most hackers don't bother to change to offline status so tracking and recording them is much easier for me to send to Nexon (currently over 100 videos of high level hackers)

Overall its still a huge hit for legit players and a huge win for hackers if this goes through
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    hackers wins and are in huge advatange from the merge till this days, when EU endup without GM team
    /find option its just throwing small water on huge fire that keep spread
    even if this stays how much reports 1GM can process untill action being taken ?
    if a person that makes 62floors on dojo takes 2month to get ban(prob just offrank not perm ban...) after who knows how many reports .... i dont know why even needs report for this

we are just waiting on next meltdown on server and we cant do anything :(

a bit on bright side
    maybe we will merge with better server after GMS who knows.....

cough KMS maybe :)
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited February 2018
    "The /find command has been removed. Players can find their friends from their Buddy list.

Teleport Rocks can now only be used by players that grant permission to use the item. Go to Settings/Options/Social to uncheck the option to allow the use of a Teleport Rock."

Thanks for showing how much you care Nexon.. have fun with all the hackers..

RenniNibbo
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited February 2018
    I feel as though the use of /find and teleport rock generally are used more to bring people together than harass.

In all my years of playing, I've never really seen either of them used as a harassment tool. PLEASE keep these in our version of the game.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited February 2018
    This is stupid. Who, in the hell, hates over 25 people or even 100 so much? We can already block /find with Blacklist and On/Off, but it seems to block 1 character, not the account. Nexon needs to add account blacklist rather than just a specific character. Also, i don't know if Blacklist can block Teleport rock or not.

As I see in previous replies, I never heard streamers in GMS being harrassed or something o-0 I want to see at least one of these who does...
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited February 2018
    GM's want proof of hackers and now these changes make it extremely hard to get it

I am absolutely appauled at the service provided
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    GM's want proof of hackers and now these changes make it extremely hard to get it

The /find command has been removed. Players can find their friends from their Buddy list.
    add them in buddy list ? ahahha :s

but ye as i said the mess has been done way before with kicking our GM team, this just adds more on it
    rip
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited February 2018
    The integrity of hackers maters guys!

Pretty sad this was brought over. Even if harassment is a thing the blacklist should solve this. There is absolutely no reason to block the /find and teleport rock features. Hackers are going to have a fantastic time now. Not that it was easy to get a GM to ban them to begin with but now it will be impossible as they have auto change channel and will easily avoid being recorded.
    ManiOhSam016Renni
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited March 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

The /find command has been removed. Players can find their friends from their Buddy list.
    add them in buddy list ? ahahha :s

Unfortunately, you can't stalk them through buddy list by adding them, unless they add you back. Otherwise they appear as offline on your list. ):

Sam016Nibbo
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited March 2018
    It's been a few days and hackers are crawling everywhere now.. they don't even bother switching offline mode because of how easy it has become to get away.. :(
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    /find was actuly helping in other cases aswell not just hackers
    now you need ask few times full name of the map location and ch to get to your friend (thats not in your bl,even in your bl still was faster /find)
    also
    i bet if i point now at ranking of the class thats destoryed by hackers to show how bad and how worst will get soon with this change
    i will get faster ban

(you wont even need /find when you see it )
    Sam016
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I agree that this change was wrong for GMS.
    In an ideal world, Nexon's own system would notice, for example, people gaining exp too fast, and send GMs to investigate.
    But GMS is far from being ideal, and players tracking suspects has proven essential in getting such cheaters caught and banned. Taking the tools for doing that away from us is a big mistake.

I hope this change will get reversed.
    Sam016Nibbomuhha
  • SyndrusSyndrus
    Reactions: 330
    edited March 2018
    This new change doesn't work for GMS at all due to the amount of hackers and botters we have. There is no way now for a player to find and report them. Hackers can pretty much do what they want now.
    Sam016Nibbobootlicker