[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What Changed/Removed Features Do You Miss Most?

SecondHeroSecondHero
Reactions: 1,320
edited February 2018 in General Chat
Topic. In all the years you guys have played on and off, what features do you miss the most that were changed/removed?

I've played on and off from beta on to and including now and seen everything from iTcG, to current day Arcane River content, so I've seen a lot. I just want to hear what other people miss the most.

Comments

• XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Definitely the old versions of areas that have either been closed off or since revamped.

Florina Beach (it wasn't much of an area, but it was a charming area at least), Kerning Square (Remember Blakes origins and doing quests to help him get a shot at fame?), Chryse (maybe not this one as much, but remember when everything used to be depressing and then everyone became obsessed with football or something and every scenario became stupidly silly pretty much overnight?), and Neo City. Neo City especially. I actually just listened to Average Town: Park, the most unnecessarily epic BGM to exist.
    SlicedTime
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited February 2018
    I'd like to see Nexon implement "area rewards" for clearing the last quest in a string. Basically, give players Maple Points or Cubes as a one-time thing when they finish the entire questline of an area. That would encourage players to do more of the quests and storyline. (For instance... even your most endgame player might be tempted to visit a revamped Neo City if the last quest of it gave you some cosmetic opportunities or cubes).

Florina Beach just lost all purpose as a low level zone. Most of them did, but I liked how cute and whimsical the area was. It'd be nice if Florina became the starting area for Jett (with a revamp of course).
    I actually like the new Kerning Square better for EXP purposes... But doing Blake's questline was pretty fun the first few times.
    Chryse was annoying. I don't have any hard feelings to them changing it and relegating the PQ to the party quest area.
    It would be really cool to see Neo City brought back and reworked. Being able to earn Android Hairs/Faces, Iruvata style items, etc would be appropriate there.
    RoseDrop
  • azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited February 2018
    Pig beach. Don't ask me why, but it reminds me of the days when you had to grind to get to level 30, and the game was really social.
    I also kinda miss the old Mushroom Shrine, with Kinoko endlessly asking you for fox tails. But I love the revamp so it's ok
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited February 2018
    Pre-bb Ant Tunnel. Especially the Evil Eyes cave - used to grind my life there from lv 25 to 40

And NEO TOKYO! Please Nexon, accomplish my dream and bring it back.
    (No, Not Neo City, I'm Talking about Neo Tokyo that was in EMS)
    SlicedTimeTachikawaHiyoko
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited February 2018
    Remote Effects
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited February 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »
    Pre-bb Ant Tunnel. Especially the Evil Eyes cave - used to grind my life there from lv 25 to 40

And NEO TOKYO! Please Nexon, accomplish my dream and bring it back.
    (No, Not Neo City, I'm Talking about Neo Tokyo that was in EMS)

ant tunnel is actually still here and looks almost exactly the same as it did before. lol

i miss of the removed content.
    i think a better question is why do they even remove it. besides maples "timeline" which is understandable but at the same time..
    Neo Tokyo really we only did that for that buff potion thing.. tho the PQ was pretty cool.

i think a problem with low level areas is there is SO many options that we just pick the one thats the most convenient..
    honestly there is enough areas in the game to have different grinding areas ever 3-5 levels

i think the game has become more of a hit 200 ASAP then start the no life arcane grinding while draining users wallets. cus bosses have to much damn HP.
    its become freemium like eveything else in our lives :P

i totally went off topic lmao.

I miss grinding at windraiders

I MISS CWKPQ WHEN IS THAT COMING BACK. they promised it would come back like 2 years ago..
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited February 2018
    /find
    Recent change but one I will surely miss the most. My friend and I go on different times so we basically meet by afking next to each other. I suppose now we'll have to designate a channel and an area to AFK at whereas before it didn't really matter since one just goes to where the other is.
    I'll miss it because of the random fames too. I prefer to return the favor, won't be able to now if they're no longer there when I come back.
    SlicedTimeTachikawaHiyoko
  • HolyWatersHolyWaters
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited March 2018
    Besides also missing Neo City.

I miss how expansive the game used to be. Victoria island used to seem so vast with lots of different maps, now it feels way to linear.

Also I miss the old UI. I also seem to remember at one point we had our own UI exclusive to GMS. Maybe I'm mistaken though does, anybody remember that?
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited March 2018
    Ahh, I miss SO MANY THINGS! But what I miss the most is the fact that before you actually spent some time doings things, getting from one level to the other, so you could explore and chat and make friends and stuff like that. Nowadays, even if you find someone friendly who even bothers to talk to you, they get 100+ levels ahead of you in the little time you take to go to grab a bite, so you can't really play WITH someone. You can't really spend time with anyone or "go in adventures" together, because now it's all more immediate and you fly through levels up to level 100 and then you slow down a LITTLE until it's all level 200+... And everything just goes by on a breeze. Sure, pre-Big Bang everything was WAY too slow and you took forever to get to lvl50 and then it was a real challenge to even get past that and all, and maybe that's too slow, specially for people nowadays. But now it's all too mechanic, too automatic, too fast. :(

Also, character cards like they used to be, when level 70 of a secondary character in the same account meant something. This insanity that almost forces you to get secondary characters to level 140+ to make them be worth something in your "Legion" thingie is so annoying and frustrating and TIRING. I hate having to grind the same damned levels over and over, getting tired and annoyed by the same old quests and dungeons and whatnot, OVER AND OVER, just to be able to "strengthen" my main character. :/ And, sure, I could not do it, but then my main wouldn't kill a fly. -_- I liked it when just by getting to level 30, you could make a "mule" that was useful in many ways. It's so annoying that now you have to get to at least lvl100 to make something out of a secondary character that you don't care about playing, really! :S

Oh well...
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited March 2018
    The things I miss are more social related. The Henesy hunting grounds. When you would get bored there were people chilling on the hay stacks. I remember just having hour long conversations with people.
    I also liked the sauna/hotel in Sleepywood. Get your bathrobe and just chill with a group of strangers and chat.
  • BuchigiriBuchigiri
    Reactions: 300
    I miss the wedding ring affects :'( Especially the Star Gem Ring and also APQ
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    I just really miss the hotkey for 'monster book' aka accessing the codex for familiars. :(
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2018
    I miss Party Play in LHC and SH. Those were the good days to main a bishop...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018
    Guild PQ with the bonus stage boxes.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited March 2018
    Star Planet, the place where you got your 2x EXP buffs and Maple points. Also you got to meet people from other worlds constantly for the first time with no limit and chill.