[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mutant Pig or Big spider?

lupacexilupacexi
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
SO as a Hayato forever stuck with a big spider Familiar.I finally became curious as to why everyone has a Mutant pig these days.Does the Mutant ribbon pig have a slightly higher drop rate than Big Spider?I heard you can farm MP from its map near Future Henesys.So i thought i might try for one.Hell id Love a Wolf underling for its 2X but from what people tell me thats pretty much grabbing at spider threads,cuz it only available from Marvel I think.Q~Q *cries*

Comments

• bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited March 2018
    Mutant Ribbon Pig does a little more damage and has a little more survive-ability but as far as drop rate they are the same.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    They're the same as far as function go (+60% drop), but Big Spiders are generally easier to get for, say, mules you may jump on to do a few bosses, both because the mob is exceptionally weak at high levels and because the lower level of the mob guarantees that the familiar will drop more often.

I honestly think the reason you'd want both is in case one runs out of vitality and you still want the boosted drop rate.