[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I/L chain lightning attack range

ForeverExplorerForeverExplorer
Reactions: 520
edited February 2018 in Bug Reporting
I used to be able to hit the mobs at bottom platform with chain lightning when fighting gollux but not anymore after today’s patch.
Same thing goes for pink bean, the skill used to be able to hit statue on the other side.

The patch notes didn’t mention anything about this so I think it’s a bug.
Artifexanotheril

Comments

• ArtifexArtifex
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited March 2018
    As if cutting the Ice Age effect duration by half wasn't insulting enough, they nerfed I&L Mage's other main attack...

I can confirm that the range of attack of Chain Lightning has been crippled. The chain effect no longer carries as far as it used to. As the OP mentioned, this change was not indicated in the patch notes, so either it's a weird bug introduced with all the other changes, or a ninja patch that they didn't think to mention (lest they face our outrage all at once). =/
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Hiya, do you happen to have any video or data evidence that shows the comparison?
  • Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited March 2018
    I also can confirm I do not have video evidence since I do not record every single day but I believe there are some i/l mages that had posted in youtube
  • AznPr1desAznPr1des
    Reactions: 100
    Rheariel wrote: »
    Hiya, do you happen to have any video or data evidence that shows the comparison?

2:50

1:48

0:38
  • anotherilanotheril
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2018
    I've noticed this problem as well so I'll bump this thread.

Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: You used to be able to bounce Chain Lightning off of Gollux's eyes or gem to hit mobs on the ground floor. You can see an example of this happening in this video at about the 45 second mark: (watch the damage numbers popping up on the lower right hand side). As of this latest patch, however, this no longer works. I do not have video of this bug at the moment, but I can try to make one later.

Steps to reproduce: Be a 4th+ job I/L; fight Gollux's eye and gem phase and attempt to hit mobs on the bottom platform while standing on the eye or gem platforms

Character name: letsonion

Character level: 228

Character job: I/L

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: Since the latest patch (v.193)

• PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the videos we've forwarded this issue! :D
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Same issue here. Video below is post-patch.

• LeeseLeese
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: The skill, Chain Lightning, used to be able to bounce off of Gollux's eyes and gem to hit the mobs on the ground floor. This currently doesn't work, as it seems the downward range of Chain Lightning was decreased in the last patch. Previous posts link to multiple videos to show this.

Steps to reproduce:
    Be at least a 4th job I/L.
    Fight Gollux's eye and gem phase (2nd and 3rd phase, respectively) and attempt to hit mobs on the bottom platform while standing on the eye or gem platforms.

Character name: Lesea
    Character level: 227
    Character job: I/L
    World name: Reboot
    Date and time of the incident: Since the patch (v.193)

EDIT: The last KMS change to chain lightning was last April for KMS ver. 1.2.276 (https://orangemushroom.net/2017/04/27/kms-ver-1-2-276-maplestorys-14th-anniversary/).

This is the change: Chain Lightning: Y axis chain range has been increased from 200 → 250
  • YIYIYIYI
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2018
    Uh... according to the JMS officials, it is thought to be due to a change of the reference point for determining chain-range in the latest update. So it seems it's by design.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2018
    YIYI wrote: »
    Uh... according to the JMS officials, it is thought to be due to a change of the reference point for determining chain-range in the latest update. So it seems it's by design.

Do you have any links to where this was confirmed? :)
  • YIYIYIYI
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2018
    Okhura wrote: »
    YIYI wrote: »

Do you have any links to where this was confirmed? :)
    maplestory.nexon.co.jp/support/bugreport/view/10088/
    A player had reported exactly the same issue, then a GM responded that they have confirmed the problem and been dealing with it. But after all they found it was not a bug but ... -snip- (as I mentioned above).

So please change the gollux's hitbox or something to make it possible for Chain Lightning to hit mobs on the bottom platform as before.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    They need to increase I/L Chain Lighting range. So surprise they would nerf it, as it never compared to the range of Lumi's. The range was already nerfed to being with. It seem like they love to nerf mages in general . Also an increased range in Blizzard so it hits multiple platforms, often times when you cast it. It will not hit the platform above you.