[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove and Condense NPC's & More

TensunkiTensunki
Reactions: 410
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

I'm a returning player, it's been about 5 years since I've played and have noticed a few changes I liked, but I'm still seeing some of the same issues that plagued the game back then.

A few suggestions would be to remove NPC's who aren't doing anything. There's a ton of NPC's that previously had a reason to be around, but now they're just taking up space. (An example would be the several NPC's that repair things).

My second suggestion would be to condense some NPC's together. I feel like it seems silly to speak with one person to buy weapons and another to buy general goods when you could just add an additional tab to sort things.

My third suggestion, give us the option to hide other players effects and our damage numbers. Anytime there's a big event it's always laggy and it's impossible to see anything on the screen with so many effects going on at once.

Aside from that it seems like the game is less social, that might just be me as a player. Any time I went to do any party quest it was always empty. This may be due to how fast leveling up on your own is compared to waiting for a party and going through a quest in a team. This may change in the later levels (currently level 90), but it's the only main concern I have.

Thank you for your time,
Nathan

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2018
    You can already hide other players effects. :T
  • TensunkiTensunki
    edited March 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    You can already hide other players effects. :T

Not just attack effects, but the several pets they have, the glyphs floating around them, the signs above their heads, it's just too much and it becomes an eye sore.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited March 2018
    hmm idk how i feel about removing npc's
    while not all them have a use a lot them still have uses
    even if you yourself dont see their use i for one still have a ton of nice durability gear that needs repaired from time to time...
    pretty sure one party quest gives gear like that and theirs a chance from rootabyss boxes?

(not to point out the number of npc related quest that have triggers such as not limited needing a specific fame/defame level and or item('s)
  • TensunkiTensunki
    edited March 2018
    wthNoID wrote: »
    hmm idk how i feel about removing npc's
    while not all them have a use a lot them still have uses
    even if you yourself dont see their use i for one still have a ton of nice durability gear that needs repaired from time to time...
    pretty sure one party quest gives gear like that and theirs a chance from rootabyss boxes?

(not to point out the number of npc related quest that have triggers such as not limited needing a specific fame/defame level and or item('s)

In Henesys alone there was I think 3 NPC's that repaired gear. It just seems silly to have an NPC for every little thing when you could easily condense several tasks together. Have one blacksmith who repairs gear, adds sockets, and sells weapons and armor. It's silly to wander all over town to do all these seperate things when they could be in one central location.