[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we revert Kaiser please?

KyzeragonKyzeragon
Reactions: 740
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The KMS changes are just... disappointing.

Dragon link is now pretty much garbage. I have to use Dragon Slash first and then use Gigas in order to get the 15% more final damage. It's not worth it, the time spent using Dragon Slash wastes more DPS, there's no incentive to use it other than to fill up gauge faster, which is only marginally useful in bosses that DR when your Kaiser's Majesty is already used up. There was real incentive to use the combo keys in the old system because of the damage increase, but now you lose out on more than you gain.

The loss of 15% final damage is really disappointing, especially since I only recently was able to solo Hellux and now I won't be able to, but the thing I'm even more disappointed in is the dumbing down of gameplay style. I really liked being able to use the arrow keys and attack keys (my other favorites are Aran and Blaster), it's more fun than no-brainer spamming a single skill key for dps, which is what Kaiser has turned into now, except for the occasional uses of Wing Beat and Tempest Blades.

For those who don't know what I'm referring to: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/877/did-this-patch-kill-kaiser
Equal_Alec5onicparkjinwooLilyflower
  1. Do you like the new changes?30 votes
    1. yes
       20% (6 votes)
    2. no
       80% (24 votes)

Comments

• EmbrayEmbray
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    The commands are broken and just straight up clunky. Why did they think this was a good idea? Also, the loss of 15% final damage hurts this class quite a bit considering final form is rarely used for any of the bosses that matter.
  • 5onic5onic
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    The combo commands barely function properly and probably revolves around latency which a lot of people away from west coast will have to horribly deal with. The new changes on kaiser are just down right stupid. Please revert it back.

edit: This is really making me have the urge to quit the game.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    Kaisers are one of the best classes in the game. It's a system that will take some time adjusting to but you will all the same.
    5onic
    5onic said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
  • 5onic5onic
    edited October 2016
    SwordStaker

Kaisers are one of the best classes in the game. It's a system that will take some time adjusting to but you will all the same.
    5onic
    5onic said:

It doesn't matter whether or not kaiser is best or worse. We're talking about the mechanics here. The new changes of doing the input commands barely function and could be considered as broken. The reward of actually performing these input skills are non existent. If they were to nerf kaiser's damage, then by all means, do so. But break the mechanics? No. Do you even play kaiser or you just happy it doesn't effect you?

The door is definitely gonna miss the wallet for sure.

edit: I'm all for seeing people with different opinions but literally inserting a broken function into a game and have it be considered as "yes the new changes to kaiser is good" is beyond me.

Please give me rational reasons why the new broken mechanic is a good change.

• KyzeragonKyzeragon
    Reactions: 740
    edited October 2016
    I don't deny that it's one of the best classes, the question is why break mechanics that are good? People won't use the new combo system because it's obsolete. If Kaisers did too much damage, nerf the skill %'s, I'd be okay with that, a little disappointed, but fair enough. But to make the entire aspect of the dragon link system inferior to just using the skill normally? No, I don't like that.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    5onic
    5onic said:

SwordStaker

5onic
    5onic said:

It doesn't matter whether or not kaiser is best or worse. We're talking about the mechanics here. The new changes of doing the input commands barely function and could be considered as broken. The reward of actually performing these input skills are non existent. If they were to nerf kaiser's damage, then by all means, do so. But break the mechanics? No. Do you even play kaiser or you just happy it doesn't effect you?

I have a high leveled Kaiser. The system obviously works if in other versions who never had our version they never had an issue. Do I know if Nexon did it without bugs or a problem? No I don't. Maybe it is bugged. But throwing a hissy fit and threatening quitting is just acting childish.
    Yonax
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Kek, Kaisers are crying because they're effectively losing out on 15% final damage. While Aran's adrenaline went from 400% to 150%.
  • 5onic5onic
    edited October 2016
    SwordStaker

5onic
    5onic said:

SwordStaker

5onic
    5onic said:

I have a high leveled Kaiser. The system obviously works if in other versions who never had our version they never had an issue. Do I know if Nexon did it without bugs or a problem? No I don't. Maybe it is bugged. But throwing a hissy fit and threatening quitting is just acting childish.
    As mention before, does the command input get effected by latency? If so, then this new system sucks for high pingers.

I am free to express how disgusted I am with the current broken mechanics. And if this continues to bother me, I am allowed to free to do and speak how I wish about the system, which can potentially leave me to quit. So what? You pointed me the door and I'll make it through if need be. If my expression bothers you so much to the point where you think me leaving is a 'threat', maybe you should be the one staying off the forums and onto the safe space.
    DepressedAran

Kek, Kaisers are crying because they're effectively losing out on 15% final damage. While Aran's adrenaline went from 400% to 150%.
    Name checks out.

edit: If you're all complaining about kaiser being op. The simple fix was to remove the 15% extra damage via using dragon link. But no, break the mechanics and say this is a wonderful idea with a straight face. Could we have some rational debate or we just going to ignore the facts and continue to whine about dps than the mechanic itself?

**The system obviously works if in other versions who never had our version they never had an issue.**

This is a very bold claim, I hope you are legitimate with that statement and not obviously assuming.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    Kaiser is the weakest class BY FAR out of all of the classes we can choose. I don't understand why the travesty of a fighting system was made even more difficult to use???
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    lol allow lumi to use their mode switcher again too this is bunk
  • Equal_AlecEqual_Alec
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    Yup
  • Equal_AlecEqual_Alec
    edited October 2016
    5onic
    5onic said:

SwordStaker

5onic
    5onic said:

SwordStaker

5onic
    5onic said:

As mention before, does the command input get effected by latency? If so, then this new system sucks for high pingers.

I am free to express how disgusted I am with the current broken mechanics. And if this continues to bother me, I am allowed to free and speak how I wish about the system, which can potentially leave me to quit. So what? You pointed me the door and I'll make it through if need be. If my expression bothers you so much to the point where you think me leaving is a 'threat', maybe you should be the one staying off the forums and onto the safe space.
    DepressedAran

Name checks out.

edit: If you're all complaining about kaiser being op. The simple fix was to remove the 15% extra damage via using combos. But no, break the mechanics and say this is a wonderful idea. Could we have some rational debate or we just going to ignore the facts and continue to whine about dps?

**The system obviously works if in other versions who never had our version they never had an issue.**

This is a very bold claim, I hope you are legitimate with that statement and not obviously assuming.
    I agree more indefinitely if you were to more so nerf Kaiser that would be reasonable, but to provide a broken mechanic isnt a justified way of doing so. Taking out that extra 15% and decreasing our percent dmg for our skills is a better choice
    5onic
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited October 2016
    To everyone saying they're ok with the new USELESS Mechanic, I think it's unfair for you all to make those statements without understanding it. To the guy who was complaining about an Aran nerf, if you cared about it, then make your own thread regarding said Aran nerf... don't belittle someone else's cause to further your own cause.

For those who don't understand and cbf with doing research and understanding what Kaisers are complaining about:

Basically, Kaisers had the option to use combos of their attacks in order to increase their damage by 15%. So for example, Kaisers main attack is Gigas Wave. If you have the attack set on the "Spacebar" key, then in order for you to activate your Dragon Link/Combo attack you would have to press(or hold if you wanted to continuously attack) Spacebar + Up arrow key + Forward arrow key(if you're facing the right/left then you press the right/left arrow key).

Now, you have to use a first job attack followed by a new combo to activate the 15% buff. But just initiating the new combo immediately makes it do LESS dps because of the missed first burst of Gigas Wave. So there's no point in using the new system especially since there is almost never time to actually just hold the attack and you would have to continuously reset and apply the combo all over again.
    Equal_Alec
  • Equal_AlecEqual_Alec
    edited October 2016
    forumsareannoying

To everyone saying they're ok with the new USELESS Mechanic, I think it's unfair for you all to make those statements without understanding it. To the guy who was complaining about an Aran nerf, if you cared about it, then make your own thread regarding said Aran nerf... don't belittle someone else's cause to further your own cause.

For those who don't understand and cbf with doing research and understanding what Kaisers are complaining about:

Basically, Kaisers had the option to use combos of their attacks in order to increase their damage by 15%. So for example, Kaisers main attack is Gigas Wave. If you have the attack set on the "Spacebar" key, then in order for you to activate your Dragon Link/Combo attack you would have to press(or hold if you wanted to continuously attack) Spacebar + Up arrow key + Forward arrow key(if you're facing the right/left then you press the right/left arrow key).

Now, you have to use a first job attack followed by a new combo to activate the 15% buff. But just initiating the new combo immediately makes it do LESS dps because of the missed first burst of Gigas Wave. So there's no point in using the new system especially since there is almost never time to actually just hold the attack and you would have to continuously reset and apply the combo all over again.
    Agreed definitively it's not about us caring about damage or anything else. GO right ahead and nerf us and our skill percent. By all means but to give us a useless mechanic is unjustified and completely unethical.

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited October 2016
    Equal_Alec

Agreed definitively it's not about us caring about damage or anything else. GO right ahead and nerf us and our skill percent. By all means but to give us a useless mechanic is unjustified and completely unethical.

Yeah I honestly don't care all that much because I don't use my Kaiser's combo system that much nor do I need it, but it does suck for the majority of the Kaisers playing. It's actually quite insulting. To put into perspective, imagine if nexon made it so that EVERY class that does final damage would first have to use their regular "CTRL" attack and THEN use their main attack in order to obtain the final damage buff. All while saying that they're "improving" your class.
    Equal_Alec