[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evangelion Hair Colors?

PolymusPolymus
Reactions: 730
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2018 in General Chat
I was curious to know whether or not the character-specific hairs for the Evangelion-style hairs from the Royal Hair Coupon had other colors besides their base color.
Upon checking the hair styles in the Cash Shop, it only shows the base colors of the character-specific hairs instead of the color you currently have.

Has anyone tried getting the hairs with different colors, or at least know if they have the option?

Comments

• MissalovesMissaloves
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2018
    I think the evangelion hairs have only 1 color like the anime have no change... buit the question is i only see in cash shop 2 evangelion hairs Asuka and Kaworu and aniother no evangelion hairs... (female) and on Male i only see shinji rei and mary... is there no avaliable for alll???
  • PolymusPolymus
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Good chance some are gender-based. Like I don't see Asuka on my male character. And I really do hope they have different colors. My girlfriend really wants Asuka Hair in red. lol
  • PolymusPolymus
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Anyone find out yet for sure?
  • dothackdothack
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    No. the Eva Hairs have fixed color and over rides the color you currently have.
    Though it may be possible to color dye afterwards.
  • PolymusPolymus
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    That's more or less the part I was curious about. Wanted to see if someone tried to change it yet.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2018
    Hey guys! Information pertaining to this was added to the February 28th Cash Shop post.
    You can find it here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28403/updated-cash-shop-update-for-february-28
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    I can't get Rei's hair on my main (female character) for some odd reason. Is it going to be in the next week's cycle?
    If not, please fix this issue Nexon.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Polymus wrote: »
    That's more or less the part I was curious about. Wanted to see if someone tried to change it yet.

The Eva ( Asuka with orange hair or Rei with brown hair ) hairstyles have only one color, they don't have other hair colors.
  • PolymusPolymus
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Hey guys! Information pertaining to this was added to the February 28th Cash Shop post.
    You can find it here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28403/updated-cash-shop-update-for-february-28

That info wasn't there the first time. I'm glad it was added now though. =)
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Snowed wrote: »
    I can't get Rei's hair on my main (female character) for some odd reason. Is it going to be in the next week's cycle?
    If not, please fix this issue Nexon.

Hiya, usually events like these, they rotate the hairs to opposite gender half way through just like how re:Zero hairs rotate. We should be getting one hopefully this week's cash shop update which should come on Wednesday 14th.
  • GalvarGalvar
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited March 2018
    Crossover hairs in previous crossovers such as the SAO crossover originally were sold as individual coupons that the user could choose. But, Nixon strained placing hairstyles for crossovers started to be added into "Royal updates", alongside other "regular hairs" starting with the Re:Zero crossover.
    The Re:Zero update like this current Evangelion update, had male crossover hairs along with one or two female crossover hairs in the rotation for female characters, while male characters had the remaining male/female crossover hairs that weren't in the female royal update.
    The crossover hair styles for male and female hairs will then switch around so that male characters get the crossover hairs that females got the previous rotation and vice-versa.
    The "regular Royal styles" on the other hand are never swapped out.
    In the case of the Evangelion styles, I don't get why Shinji and Kawrou hair was not available as male styles first, while Ausuka, Rei, etc hairs were not available as female styles first, and then swapped around the next rotation. It would of made a lot more sense to add in the crossover hairstyles as I described since all the male and female specific crossover hairs would be available to be obtained on their designated gender first, then swapped around so that male characters can get the female styles, and females get the male styles.
    Personally, I would like to see this type of system implemented into the next crossover as it would cause less confusion, or better yet allow the crossover Hairstyles to be chosen like the Sword Art Online event, but that is just me.

On the other hand I would love to be able to change the hair color of crossover hairstyles, but users haven't been allowed to change the color of crossover hairs, even as far back as the Sword Art Online crossover.

But, yes as was said previously the current Evangelion hairstyles for male characters will switch around to the females current rotation and vice-versa when the Royals update again.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    What makes me really agonized is the fact that they didn't include the school sailor uniform that Rei and Asuka wears in the Evangelion Random Boxes, instead they added the Plugsuits, which aren't even that aesthetically appealing. They've made the art sprites for the chair version so why couldn't they make it as an outfit cover?
    This: evcbv4fu6yr.jpg

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Snowed wrote: »
    What makes me really agonized is the fact that they didn't include the school sailor uniform that Rei and Asuka wears in the Evangelion Random Boxes, instead they added the Plugsuits, which aren't even that aesthetically appealing. They've made the art sprites for the chair version so why couldn't they make it as an outfit cover?
    This: evcbv4fu6yr.jpg

Yeah, I was disappointed when they didn't include the uniform but I guess the plugsuits were for the movie and to fit with the theme better.