[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change Character button not function as intended

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in Bug Reporting
The Change Character which should allow to go back to the character selection screen and change characters without having to quit the game is moving back to the World Character Screen instead.

In previous patch it was designed that the Change Character button allows the player to go back to the character selection screen and change characters without having to quit the game.
I was aware this option was temporarily disabled intentionally in attempts to resolve certain stability issues.

However, please enable this option again to work properly as the community like me wanted it.

Thank you for listening!
AngelicaxoxoFuhreak
  1. Do you want the option to go back to the character selection screen to work?14 votes
    1. Yes!
       93% (13 votes)
    2. No.
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Any new about this? Why isn't it included to be handled, too?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

It was forwarded a week ago. You can't possibly expect anything to be changed this fast, unless it's gamebreaking.
    As you wrote yourself, this was disabled because it seemed to be causing connectivity issues.
    They tried to re-enable the remember-region feature and it cause the connectivity issues again.
    So they should not just change the "change character" functionality before they figure out what the problem is and how to prevent it returning when the functionality returns.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

It was forwarded a week ago. You can't possibly expect anything to be changed this fast, unless it's gamebreaking.
    As you wrote yourself, this was disabled because it seemed to be causing connectivity issues.
    They tried to re-enable the remember-region feature and it cause the connectivity issues again.
    So they should not just change the "change character" functionality before they figure out what the problem is and how to prevent it returning when the functionality returns.

Yes, we must be patient. All things in good time.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Something new about this?
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Something new about this??
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    This is still not fixed as of the: 14Th March, 2018
    GoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Hopefully it will be set to return to the Character Selection Screen instead of World Selection Screen (as it's now), it's more comfortable when it moves you directly to Character Selection Screen using the recent selected channel.
    I understand there may be technical issues with this for certain cases, however I believe it may provide a smoother experience when switching characters within the same world. When it was originally introduced, I was very happy about this, but it was deactivated and not reactivated anymore.
    There is a button for this in the global MapleStory M.
    It's available in MapleSEA service too and it works great there.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018
    I also wish they would change it back to the way it was, it can be a big inconvenience when doing things such as Dojo farming on mules.
  • SuperboiSuperboi
    Reactions: 1,595
    edited September 2018
    Really hope they change it. Transferring items to mules is exhausting right now
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    I hope that we'd get JMS' system, they have two buttons: "Quit Game" & "Change Character", iirc; EMS also had that system.
    currently all regions besides gms have the "quit game" button send the player back to the character selection screen
    (JMS is the only region with two buttons; Quit & change character).
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Please don't forget that request.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I would like to remind about that.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Is that topic going to be addressed?

Thank you for your attention.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    I'm sorry to say that, but this issue was completely forgotten...
    It's possible to switch between characters within the same world once wished to do.. However, this requires to go through the World Selection Screen instead of being moved directly to Character Selection Screen and the recent chosen channel for that world will be selected automatically...

Thank you for your attention!