[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where is everyone in Broa?

ETintheNavyETintheNavy
Reactions: 820
edited February 2018 in General Chat
Good evening, all.

I've been a part of Broa for over a decade now. While I know that the game has suffered a few server deaths where players either "age out" or just move on to something else. I've noticed that only a few servers have a decent number of players online. From what I've seen, Reboot has been vastly busy (though the last thread I saw was that Reboot was dead?), and only two other main servers on the NA side are consistently busy.

Can anyone explain this? I rarely see ANYONE in Broa. Seems like I've Broa all to myself most of the time. I'm also in search of an active guild, too... as a side note.

V/r,
Thomas
190 DrK, 160 Kinesis, 160 Kanna, 160 Xenon - Broa

Comments

• GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    >:)

Yay 2 people on Broa now LOL xD

Everyone went to Bera for cookies and now stayed.

Also school is in session, so servers might get busier in the summer months.

I saw quite a few on Broa recently during the pop-up events that have taken place, but Broa still has those auto-players scattered about.

No server is dead, just scattered. ;)

• SealetteSealette
    Reactions: 100
    Wow Yeah same here. Haven't played Maple in about 7 years and I miss it a lot. I tried to reconnect with people in the game but a lot of my friends have aged out too. Broa is my main server and i miss having some fun people to speak to. While I know there are a lot of new players I would really like to connect with people who remember how Maple used to be. Seems like a fun way to get back into the game again.
  • ETintheNavyETintheNavy
    edited March 2018
    Glirotus wrote: »

Yay 2 people on Broa now LOL xD

Everyone went to Bera for cookies and now stayed.

Also school is in session, so servers might get busier in the summer months.

I saw quite a few on Broa recently during the pop-up events that have taken place, but Broa still has those auto-players scattered about.

No server is dead, just scattered. ;)

Glirotus,

Went to Bera for cookies? Maybe I missed something, or maybe that was tongue-in-cheek. Was there some event or update that made Bera more attractive to players?

I definitely understand the school thing being a deterrent. I'm... well, 32, so the school thing doesn't really affect me, haha... although I am in school for Electrical Engineering.

Maybe using the word "dead" was a bit strong, but it's far from being as alive as it used to be. It doesn't help, too, that there are twice or maybe even three times as many places to go as before.

I'm still looking for a guild, too. I've done the guild search in the game, and nobody responds. Eesh.

V/r,
    Thomas
    200 DrK (working on 5th job as of 10MAR2018), 160 Kinesis, 160 Kanna, 160 Xenon - Broa
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Went to Bera for cookies? Maybe I missed something, or maybe that was tongue-in-cheek. Was there some event or update that made Bera more attractive to players?

There was a world transfer event some time ago. Scania and Windia were blocked off due to high populations, Reboot was blocked off for being Reboot. Bera as the next open world, so a large number of players moved to Bera.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018

Yes that... basically started with a world transfer event and popular maple twitch streamers started to flock there along with a lot of other players.

Yes I too noticed a dip in my friends list, especially because I am seeing all those #numbers as their offline player names.

The pop-up events still have players, just nobody in PQ rooms like a few years ago though.

There are still active guilds but the big popular ones moved to Bera, maybe there are some that stuck around for you. (=

• ETintheNavyETintheNavy
    edited March 2018

Yes that... basically started with a world transfer event and popular maple twitch streamers started to flock there along with a lot of other players.

Yes I too noticed a dip in my friends list, especially because I am seeing all those #numbers as their offline player names.

The pop-up events still have players, just nobody in PQ rooms like a few years ago though.

There are still active guilds but the big popular ones moved to Bera, maybe there are some that stuck around for you. (=

Glirotus,

I kinda wish there was another world transfer event. I have a number of characters in Bellocan, too. I'll hang around Broa as long as it's beneficial. Now that I'm in the 200's, I run into people in Arcana fairly often. Thanks!

V/r,
    Thomas
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited March 2018
    i have agedout of this game too. i was a mardian myself. still am, and scanian...
    Lilyflower
  • ETintheNavyETintheNavy
    edited March 2018
    i have agedout of this game too. i was a mardian myself. still am, and scanian...

Traveler,

I'm 32, and don't think I'll ever truly age out. It's something I've enjoyed to do for over a decade, and I'm not convinced that my age should deter me from doing what I enjoy in my leisure. Know what I mean?

V/r,
    Thomas
  • HenryDnyuHenryDnyu
    Reactions: 210
    edited March 2018
    well... im also in broa.. walking around kiling stuff. but it is pretty lonely now.. i barely see people. wish the server would merge with something like bigger
    saladsenpaii
  • SaifsSaifs
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited March 2018
    HenryDnyu wrote: »
    well... im also in broa.. walking around kiling stuff. but it is pretty lonely now.. i barely see people. wish the server would merge with something like bigger

Traveler,

I'm 32, and don't think I'll ever truly age out. It's something I've enjoyed to do for over a decade, and I'm not convinced that my age should deter me from doing what I enjoy in my leisure. Know what I mean?

V/r,
    Thomas

Glirotus,

I kinda wish there was another world transfer event. I have a number of characters in Bellocan, too. I'll hang around Broa as long as it's beneficial. Now that I'm in the 200's, I run into people in Arcana fairly often. Thanks!

V/r,
    Thomas

try the guild FallenStarz it's pretty cool search it up by pressing g and clicking search top right.
  • ETintheNavyETintheNavy
    edited March 2018
    Saifs wrote: »
    HenryDnyu wrote: »

Traveler,

V/r,
    Thomas

Glirotus,

V/r,
    Thomas

try the guild FallenStarz it's pretty cool search it up by pressing g and clicking search top right.

Saifs,

I see them every so often in Arcana. I'm in HeartTwin right now, and it's pretty dead. The alliance guild we're with has at most 5 or 6 people on at the same time. It's not very interactive. I try to talk to people every so often, but it's mainly crickets. I don't know... maybe the lot of them are in different parts of the world. Either way, I'll check it out.

V/r,
    Thomas
  • LINGTNINGLINGTNING
    Hi ewerbady whi online broa im back maple add me budy guild
    MY BROA NAME IS > LINGTNING AND LINGTNING01
  • LeTurtleLeTurtle
    Reactions: 300
    Ahhh! Got curious about the game again after almost 10 years since I last played!
    Forgot my old account so started a new one - didn't even think anything of starting in Broa again because that's always where I've been!
    38 levels later , I *finally* noticed that it was pretty quiet - I looked it up and turns out everyone went to Bera :P SIGH! Oops!

The game makes leveling so much easier compared to the old days (where level 70 was a huge deal!) I'll stick around and hopefully bump into someone!! :P
  • jrtdwc1991jrtdwc1991
    Reactions: 200
    Yo ill friend you im still on broa and missed this game too. Hmu sometime
  • jrtdwc1991jrtdwc1991
    edited November 2018
    looking for very active broa maplers for boss runs and the sort
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Yo! Broan here! Since before the MapleSEA split! I'd be happy to boss with ya sometime. I solo pb, ht, zakum, the root abyss for normal, von leon, hilla and I feel I'm missing one. But I like bossing!
  • jrtdwc1991jrtdwc1991
    edited November 2018
    word u have an active guild