[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add to blacklist removed from chat ui?

xPicturexPicture
Reactions: 915
edited March 2018 in Rants and Raves
With the closure of the free market, Heneseys has seen an increased number of botters spamming/advertising in Channel 1. To be honest, this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to get up every now and then and actually look for the botter to blacklist. Before the removal of the free market, I could just right click in the chat ui on the names of the botters and blacklist then.

Why was this feature removed??

Edit: It seems that these mesos advertisers have started stacking ontop of each other so that I can't not blacklist them due to only being able to blacklist the one that's not advertising. Please add this blacklist in chat feature back again.

Comments

• SomeblackmageSomeblackmage
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2018
    xPicture wrote: »
    With the closure of the free market, Heneseys has seen an increased number of botters spamming/advertising in Channel 1. To be honest, this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to get up every now and then and actually look for the botter to blacklist. Before the removal of the free market, I could just right click in the chat ui on the names of the botters and blacklist then.

Why was this feature removed??

Edit: It seems that these mesos advertisers have started stacking ontop of each other so that I can't not blacklist them due to only being able to blacklist the one that's not advertising. Please add this blacklist in chat feature back again.

Agreed, I hate that they removed the feature. But the way to do such a thing now seems to be to save the name and add it to the blacklist manually, which is slightly less convenient. But yeah I hate that they removed that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    We have reported the lack of the blacklist option from chat as a bug.
    I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Annoying and longer that it takes to save the name to manually add them to the blacklist...
    As for the stacking part, that's not an issue... Don't click the character...
    Right click the names in the actual chat boxes, save name, then add to blacklist that way! :D

But I truly hope the direct add them to blacklist returns! That was a useful and quick tool!