[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Feedback] Maplestory x Evangelion, thoughts?

InvulgoInvulgo
Reactions: 4,620
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So how are you liking it so far? yay or nay?

What do you like the most about this content?
What do you dislike about this content?

I find it very fun to eliminate the 6th angel.

Comments

• RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    I'm liking the events so far, the Movie thing was a good idea.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Seeing as I grabbed everything I can during the event, I gotta say it is pretty nice. Tedious farming Angels for coins but the Asuka Shop offered 10 nodestones which was nice.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2018
    Was okay I suppose but I would have liked to have seen a couple changes to the 4th Angel.
    First, rather than spawning after 2 hours of being killed, it would have been better for everyone had it just spawned two hours.
    Second, coins should have dropped as coins, not one-of-a-kind USE items.
    Third, coins should have been instanced.

I think it would have been interesting to have had the option to earn a characters NX outfit by completing quests related to that character.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2018
    Underwhelming tbh. Nothing really worth getting in the coin shop (which didn't have much to begin with). Cash shop exclusives were meh for me, only thing I got from this event were the hairstyles, everything else I skipped. At least with rezero you had BiS medals, they could have easily made the 15 atk/5% boss title permanent for a higher cost. That way there'd be more incentive to do this event. That's my 0.2 mesos.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    There were five whole evangelion items in the surprise style boxes. FIVE! Out of a total of ~50 items. How're you gonna call it an Evangelion Surprise Style Box when only 1/10th of the items are even Evangelion themed. Same stuff with the random boxes. The NX didn't even really appeal to me, but I guess people have different tastes. I thought the Re:Zero outfits and hairs looked way better. The Evangelion character dialogue portraits looked nice, though. Something that the other anime events lacked, IIRC. Weird how big they were, but I kinda like it that way.

4th Angel was bad. CC looking around for one until you eventually DC. Drops aren't instanced so hunting with friends is greatly discouraged (like everything else in this game loooool).

Grindy daily quests again. At least most of them were quick and simple. Re:Zero was a helluva lot more time-consuming and grindy (10/10 spawn rate).

6th Angel was at least kind of fun the first few times, even if it was just a glorified Chicken Dance. I'd way prefer if it was rhythm based, but eh, guess that'd be too much effort for a limited time event. Heck, even the JMS vocaloid minigame wasn't rhythm based. Guess lag would make it un-fun too.

Overall, very disappointed.
  • FutureChrisFutureChris
    Reactions: 2,220
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Most of my thoughts on the event have already been addressed by other people, but I kinda wish there was a familiar of the 4th angel that could have been purchased with EVA coins just to have something to show off in towns.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    I think they should have added more content (more Angels to fight maybe?) and more ways to farm the coins... and more Evangelion NX cash stuff (permanent).