[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot vs Bera Server

BelloZeroBelloZero
Reactions: 200
Posts: 8
Member
edited March 2018 in General Chat
Hi, I'm debating if I should go back to the Bera server where I have 5 characters, or go straight to the Reboot server.
I'm a causal player mostly.

What're your thoughts?

Comments

  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,530
    Posts: 2,130
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    If you're casual you may prefer Bera.

    Reboot can be nice if you don't mind meso farming, but it requires a lot of dedication to main because of that meso farming.
  • BelloZeroBelloZero
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    If you're casual you may prefer Bera.

    Reboot can be nice if you don't mind meso farming, but it requires a lot of dedication to main because of that meso farming.
    You don't need to meso farm in Bera?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,530
    Posts: 2,130
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Not as much as Reboot, certainly. Main servers typically grind for levels or for droplets.

    Reboot has cubes available for mesos, but the cubes cost several million mesos each depending on type. If you're casual, and don't cube your gear often, you'll wind up leveling very slowly (because mobs have increased HP and defense).
    In addition, main servers make up for a lot grinding by merching.
  • BelloZeroBelloZero
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Not as much as Reboot, certainly. Main servers typically grind for levels or for droplets.

    Reboot has cubes available for mesos, but the cubes cost several million mesos each depending on type. If you're casual, and don't cube your gear often, you'll wind up leveling very slowly (because mobs have increased HP and defense).
    In addition, main servers make up for a lot grinding by merching.

    So your saying if I want to level up quickly I should stick to Bera then?
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    Posts: 500
    Member
    edited March 2018
    It all depends do you want to play for free on somewhat equal terms or pay for power where the sky is the limit.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Posts: 314
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Reboot is easier to level and more beginner friendly, it's also F2P.
  • BelloZeroBelloZero
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Reboot is easier to level and more beginner friendly, it's also F2P.
    It's easier to level? What do you say that?

  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Posts: 301
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    BelloZero wrote: »
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Reboot is easier to level and more beginner friendly, it's also F2P.
    It's easier to level? What do you say that?

    Monsters give more EXP, but have higher HP. So they take more damage to kill, but give you more EXP than regular servers.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 510
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited March 2018
    What's this "Reboot" world about? I've been away for long.
  • FantasticTofuFantasticTofu
    Reactions: 100
    Posts: 2
    Member
    bump, newbie want to know if reboot is better or regular server
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    Posts: 113
    Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah just go to Beta. It's really easy to get me so. Just buy it from sites thousands of bots are advertising on Henesy that Nexon never bother to deal with.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Posts: 301
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Yeah just go to Beta. It's really easy to get me so. Just buy it from sites thousands of bots are advertising on Henesy that Nexon never bother to deal with.
    Just a warning to you, buying mesos from any site is against the ToS. Whether your response is a joke or not, please don't encourage others into breaking the ToS by buying mesos from bots.
    bump, newbie want to know if reboot is better or regular server

    It depends on which you will find the enjoyment of.
    Reboot's gameplay is a lot more different than normal servers as reboot is mainly focused grinding mesos, and gear as there is no trade, no bonus potential, monsters are stronger, you can learn all professions in reboot, you gain 5x more mesos of regular servers, etc. One of the common features about reboot is the ability to buy cubes and few other items with mesos rather than NX as NX is mainly used for cosmetics or pets in Reboot. Reboot does take a lot of time to grind, so if you aren't too focused into grinding, you might want to stick with regular servers, but it all depends on what you want to do.
  • LittleArieILittleArieI
    Post: 1
    Member
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Yeah just go to Beta. It's really easy to get me so. Just buy it from sites thousands of bots are advertising on Henesy that Nexon never bother to deal with.
    Just a warning to you, buying mesos from any site is against the ToS. Whether your response is a joke or not, please don't encourage others into breaking the ToS by buying mesos from bots.
    bump, newbie want to know if reboot is better or regular server

    It depends on which you will find the enjoyment of.
    Reboot's gameplay is a lot more different than normal servers as reboot is mainly focused grinding mesos, and gear as there is no trade, no bonus potential, monsters are stronger, you can learn all professions in reboot, you gain 5x more mesos of regular servers, etc. One of the common features about reboot is the ability to buy cubes and few other items with mesos rather than NX as NX is mainly used for cosmetics or pets in Reboot. Reboot does take a lot of time to grind, so if you aren't too focused into grinding, you might want to stick with regular servers, but it all depends on what you want to do.

    You're my favorite SJW. <3