[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are all worlds empty or is it just Scania?

YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
Reactions: 1,210
edited March 2018 in General Chat
I remember the old days where Scania would be so full specialy on events that the game wouldn't let you log into Scania. It would say it's full. Finding a map to kill monsters would be hard cuz all channels would have someone there already... but now I'm always alone and barely get to see 1 player around (usualy in towns). Did everyone move away from Scania or are all worlds like that, too?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    There was a world transfer event, and a large number of players moved to Bera.

However there's about a dozen or so users online in Scania Henesys channel 1 at the moment; you may want to check out more popular hang-out spots such as Henesys, Root Abyss, or Nameless Town.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    Its like that everywhere now, except reboot. I remember Bora (my hometown :p ), Bera, Scania, and Windai was so full of people that Windia and Scania would have flame wars on Gamefaqs boards. The worlds were so crowded that they introduce new worlds and people migrated because they felt claustrophobic. Now, its a ghost town on most servers, and Scania was full of people for many years, but they bit the dust after Wndia.

They should offer world transfers to the 5 original servers, then move on to shutting down the other servers. The leftover servers can remain as additional servers to aid in support and stability to the original 5, to lessen disconnections, lag, and more channels to spread out the population.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »
    Its like that everywhere now, except reboot. I remember Bora (my hometown :p ), Bera, Scania, and Windai was so full of people that Windia and Scania would have flame wars on Gamefaqs boards. The worlds were so crowded that they introduce new worlds and people migrated because they felt claustrophobic. Now, its a ghost town on most servers, and Scania was full of people for many years, but they bit the dust after Wndia.

They should offer world transfers to the 5 original servers, then move on to shutting down the other servers. The leftover servers can remain as additional servers to aid in support and stability to the original 5, to lessen disconnections, lag, and more channels to spread out the population.

Bera is still very populated, in fact it grew even more after the world leap few months back.
    RyoMan
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    I know Bera is populated due to Misuing's Twitch channel, and I hope it remains in popularity.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    edited March 2018
    I remember some voting thing where worlds would compete by voting or something and I remember Scania smashing it's oponent world. I think they should merge most worlds and leave just 5 or something. The game is too empty now. Oh, and yeah... I've been away for long. I started on Beta then moved to official then was an active player for a few years (4 or 5) then left then came back for a bit with Big Bang then left again and been coming and going when there are cool events... They should do more crossover events... like a Dragon Ball Super event or something now that end of the show is around the corner. Imagine a tournament of power betwen different parties or have Jiren be a boss. That would be so cool.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Scania is empty? lol ..
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    edited March 2018
    Well, I'm lucky if I ever see someone walking around... so yeah. However I do see hackers at Sun Pixies. Ironicaly I get kicked out for "hacking" while trying to catch and report the hacker but the hacker itself is hacking out in the open like nothing.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited March 2018
    mardia was populated years back. but it slowed down at 2015. then i moved to scania. now its almost empty here because others went to another place. sighs.
    Lilyflower
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018
    mardia was populated years back. but it slowed down at 2015. then i moved to scania. now its almost empty here because others went to another place. sighs.

it's what happens when nexon trys to strong arm population control by limiting access to other (normal) servers through the transfer service
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2018
    LMAO everyone still trying to blame the World Transfer for the declining of the game population.

You ever realize that many of them have to grow up and get jobs ?
    Also a lot of them are studying for their finals.

And due to the in-game problems such as botters, and bans people are not interested in playing anymore. Wait till the next big update game will have a bit more that will come back just the the 5th job hype.

• YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    edited March 2018
    I left the game for that reason (grown up and job). Now I came back because of Evangelion so I still don't have that much time to play. That's why I find it stupid when people complain about post Big Bang being too "easy and fast" to lvl up and they would prefer taking longer like all of those people had nothing better to do with their life so they prefer to stay longer playing and taking longer to lvl up.
    Catooolooo
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    Its not just about the transfer system. There are a number of issues that caused people to leave the game. The glaring issues for a longtime was ways to earn mesos and ever rising prices of items in the FM. The Damage ratios and the efforts to get the best gear to enjoy endgame. Hackers/Botters, the market being flooded with dupped items, the over complicated nature of the game because they catered and altered the game to please those at the top with increased damage cap spikes and mobs hp. Removal of the streamline progress with grinding/questing/pqing, into everyone Hyper lvling while blowing past the 90% of the game content.

A lot of big decisions that completely restructured the game ruined it, the individuals that may have been instrumental in those decisions may no longer be around. The constant Nerfing/Buffing class adjusting was a big problem for a lot of people I knew. For a long time trouble tickets was never answered, glitched and bugs remained although reported, hackers/botters having a field day although being reported, suggestions and concerns falling on deaf ears. Nexon have came a long way since then, but those are the real reasons people left. Now a days you have 50/60yr old gamers, so people will play game on their spare time. Nexon just need to find ways to attract their true base back to the game, instead of ignoring their consumer base to attract new players (the latter has not worked out for them).

I'm not saying lets go back to the massive grind fest (that really does not bother me), but a structured game with reasonable exp rates can be enjoyable.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    edited March 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    However there's about a dozen or so users online in Scania Henesys channel 1 at the moment; you may want to check out more popular hang-out spots such as Henesys, Root Abyss, or Nameless Town.
    That's still a misery. I mean... back then it wasn't even possible to enter ch1 on Scania in crowded days (exp x2 events and/or weekends). Right now the "popular" spots look like the "empty chs" from the old days.

Actually FM was a good idea and prices were actually lower in Scania than in other younger worlds. But yeah... hackers ruined it. Also... I had lots of issues with my antivirus not letting me play MapleStory. My old MapleStory friends no longer play the game... also my main (Hero) was not wanted in parties. They all wanted Dragon Knight. Also for a long time MapleStory stayed the same while technology progressed and the new windows didn't play the game until they finally updated that but the game have been giving me issues and not work properly. Anyway... I was glad with Big Bag because I could lvl up easier with less time cuz now I can't play that long. Also revamping Hero made wonders and now I could train alone without losing money on pots like hell. I think they did a good job including more quests now but I guess there's just more cool games out there and that's what made most maplers quit.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    They could have kept the integrity of the old game with being more focused on questing and pq's and structure of the maps. The game had balance and structure. You still had dungeon passes, taxies, teleport rocks, teleport rocks that let you skip floors in Orbis and Ludi Towers, Omega Sector summoning pads, and etc. I like the idea of not being able to use a hyper teleport rock to an area, unless you visited that map/area before. Traveling to various PQ lobbies instead of everything being crammed together in one spot made you enjoy exploring more. The changes of Big Bang could have been done without completely restructuring the core of the game. Exp ratios could have been increase, class restructuring could have been done, and a number of issues could have been addressed without a complete overhaul.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    LMAO everyone still trying to blame the World Transfer for the declining of the game population.

And due to the in-game problems such as botters, and bans people are not interested in playing anymore. Wait till the next big update game will have a bit more that will come back just the the 5th job hype.

no one is blaming game population decline on the world transfer, if you pay any attention you realize that people are talking about the fact that most worlds that had activity within the last.. say , 6 months before the transfer died post transfer because a majority of normal server players did a mass migration to bera because nexon decided to gate off worlds that others wanted to transfer to, to be with friends.

Also, people growing out of it is not the only reason for population decline either, there's a myriad of other problems and issues that are causing that.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018
    2600 wrote: »

finals aren't til a couple months, May to be exact
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    I think he meant to say midterms, but a massive amount of people are not taking midterms/finals. I was in college in 2005 and worked, but I still had time to enjoy this game. Galicia use to have the population of Reboot, and that was considered a normal server back then. Windia and Scania channels was all maxed populated on the weekends while Bora, Bera, Khiani trailed close.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Bacon the best.
    RyoMan
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    If you all think Scania is empty go play in GRAZED you will see what empty is lol .
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Bacon the best.

Turkey Bacon Op >:)
    If you all think Scania is empty go play in GRAZED you will see what empty is lol .

My Second home was Galicia, I transferred there from Broa when the world first open and after 2yrs its been a ghost town