[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A question about mules

VM9797VM9797
Reactions: 920
edited March 2018 in General Chat
Hello!

I have an account with many characters, and I'm trying to reach high levels with them to upgrade my legion, and make it more powerful.
What I was thinking about is creating a HS and Kanna mule (on 2 new accounts) to speed up the training. My question is, if I have 3 physical computers (on the same network) is it legal to just log in with those 2 characters, party up with my character on my main account and just train with the benefits?

I know using macros and locking a key in place is considered botting, but if I use the buffs myself, is it legal? Can I get banned (on any of the 3 accounts) if I do so ?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    If you have 3 physical computers and you're operating them all yourself, then it's not against the ToS.

However, should a GM whisper any of them, you need to be able to respond in reasonable time, or the GM might think your character is being botted (i.e., keyweighting or other AFK functioning).
    VM9797BunnyWriter
  • VM9797VM9797
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the answer! What can happen if one of my mules gets whispered and I'm focusing on my main, and don't reply in time? And what is considered a reasonable time?

Edit: The main thing I'm concerned about is if I my mule gets whispered, I don't reply quickly and my main account would get banned. Could such thing happen?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    VM9797 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer! What can happen if one of my mules gets whispered and I'm focusing on my main, and don't reply in time? And what is considered a reasonable time?

What could happen is that the character that didn't answer would get banned for botting.
    It should not happen if your mules aren't actually doing anything, just standing somewhere.
    The problem is if they don't respond if whispered at the same time as they're casting their buffs.
    However, it is always possible that a GM who knows too little about the game fails to make the distinction.

For what it's worth, I have been running this exact setup - three computers manually operated - for many years with no problems. But your mileage may vary.
    VM9797
  • VM9797VM9797
    edited March 2018
    It's good to hear that. Thanks for the answers! :)
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    Do GM ever whisper? xD I've never been whispered by a GM and I've been around since Beta :'v Um... however I've been gone so long I don't even remember how to whisper :I (no kidding xD)