[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quality of Life Suggestions (Perma-Beginner Class)

pholtospholtos
Reactions: 300
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So one of my mains is a perma-citizen in Reboot. I naturally know how difficult the journey will be, and am still early on in it, only reaching level 48. However, even then I've noticed some things that annoy me, and would like to suggest changes to three things I've noticed. As a note, there may already be something somewhere that fixes or otherwise does what I'm asking, and I might have just missed it. If so, please let me know.

1. The Job Advancement quest in the mailbox.
wtriS5u.jpg
I would like there to be a way to outright stop this quest from showing up in the mailbox, I have no intention of taking it as I wish to stay a perma-citizen. Basically it's always going to be there, in that light bulb on the left side, in my mailbox.

Yes I understand I could simply hide the light bulb but still it'd be nice to make it so that quest quits showing up.

2. The + on the character menu -> skills.
YptiW8e.jpg
This is somewhat annoying, I've tried to get the plus to go away but it won't. As you can see, I only have this one set of skills, and even checking through them doesn't remove the plus. Dunno what to do about this one, it just won't go away.

3. Having it be easy to tell what equipment I can't wear.
vxmwbHG.jpg
As a perma-citizen, equipment I can actually wear is... rare. More often than not, equipment that drops from enemies I can't even equip, and as such I end up with an equip menu cluttered with things I can't possibly wear. I basically would like to suggest a simple highlight to make it obvious if I can't wear something. (I did a quick edit to show what it could possibly look like.) As I'm on Reboot, all I could do with these things is sell them to NPCs anyways.

So those are what I've found and my suggestions. I can understand this possibly being something extremely unimportant but I still wished to bring them up. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited March 2018
    +1million at least on the third point, that would be a small yet noticeable QoL-update.
    RyoMan
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    Perma-Beginners on reboot is hard because the equips you need drop from mobs that are high lvl. Weapons like Guitars, Flaming Katana, Rock-Paper-Scissors Sticks, and etc drop from mobs lvls higher thab 48. If you have Hyper Teleport Rock and some mesos, take a trip to Showa Town and Ninja Castle. The weapon shops there have an an assortment of common weaps that you can equip. Some of the stores in Victoria Island (Perion and Hennessy) sell Plungers, Aluminum Bat, Fish on a Stick Spear, Briefcase, and Purse weapons.

The Wraiths in Kerning Subway still drop the Red Whip, but it is a very rare drop. The small ghost drop Ice Jeans Pants. A number of mobs your lvl and lower will drop T-Shirts, Bandannas, Work Gloves, Earrings, and Baseball Caps.

You can still do the quest for the Raggedy Cape Quest (Mystery of Niora Hospital) inside the Kerning Hospital. Talk to Tsuri in Showa Town for the Newspaper Hat, once you get the item, do not finish the quest or it will disappear for a scroll or mesos sack on reboot.

Also, not every monster drop common equips that your class can wear, monsters that drop them are slim.

[Edit:] I like your 3rd suggestion.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    I forgot to mention since you're on Reboot, you can learn profession and Craft a number of Common Equips that no longer drops and/or sold by an NPC. You can learn all the profession trades on one character in reboot, so that can help you out was as well. Some equip set you can craft and some recipes you will have to find.
  • pholtospholtos
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »
    I forgot to mention since you're on Reboot, you can learn profession and Craft a number of Common Equips that no longer drops and/or sold by an NPC. You can learn all the profession trades on one character in reboot, so that can help you out was as well. Some equip set you can craft and some recipes you will have to find.

Can't you only learn a profession if you're at least up to your 2nd job? I though that was how it worked.

Oh yes and thanks for the equipment advice, a lot of my stuff is still really low level simply due to nothing dropping any common stuff. Would love to know more equipment to aim for as I level that character.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    pholtos wrote: »

Can't you only learn a profession if you're at least up to your 2nd job? I though that was how it worked.

That is correct. Beginners can't get professions.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited April 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    pholtos wrote: »

That is correct. Beginners can't get professions.

Oh yeah, I forgot lol.

If you have another character to transfer mesos in the storage, you can get a Hyper Rock and check out the weapons at Ninja Castle. Those weapons are near you characters lvl, and those that are at Showa Town Weapon Shop. There are not a lot of common armors that drop. I'll have to research old drop tables to see what armors drop that arent low lvl.