[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hard Hilla's cage

LinksMissingLinksMissing
Reactions: 735
Posts: 19
Member
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
GET RID OF IT ALREADY.
  1. Should they remove Hard Hilla's cage?11 votes
    1. Yeah
       0% (0 votes)
    2. 6 months ago!
       64% (7 votes)
    3. Nah, I like being frozen with no escape then killed.
       36% (4 votes)

Comments

  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited April 2018
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 996
    Member
    edited April 2018
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited April 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)

    That's her design, for her not to be solo'd in the first place. It was designed for party play and that's what happens when you don't have the right resources. This is no different to the 1 hit ko's Arkarium does, and heal received by his minions (cannot kill without a mage). By asking to remove the cage or escape is equivalent to asking Nexon to make CWKPQ soloable.

    It's just the design itself, and there's not much to argue about it.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited April 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)

    That's her design, for her not to be solo'd in the first place. It was designed for party play and that's what happens when you don't have the right resources. This is no different to the 1 hit ko's Arkarium does, and heal received by his minions (cannot kill without a mage). By asking to remove the cage or escape is equivalent to asking Nexon to make CWKPQ soloable.

    It's just the design itself, and there's not much to argue about it.

    the flaw in the design is that it doesnt account for actual class skills and requires other players use the attack key, which is terrible design for gameplay of current maple (and was pretty bad design for when hilla was first released tbh), and that's the only part of it that should be changed, cause even if you enter with a party of 6 there is no way they will be able to help you in time.

    otherwise, solo you can avoid it entirely if you time your jumps right.
    SlicedTime
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)

    That's her design, for her not to be solo'd in the first place. It was designed for party play and that's what happens when you don't have the right resources. This is no different to the 1 hit ko's Arkarium does, and heal received by his minions (cannot kill without a mage). By asking to remove the cage or escape is equivalent to asking Nexon to make CWKPQ soloable.

    It's just the design itself, and there's not much to argue about it.

    the flaw in the design is that it doesnt account for actual class skills and requires other players use the attack key, which is terrible design for gameplay of current maple (and was pretty bad design for when hilla was first released tbh), and that's the only part of it that should be changed, cause even if you enter with a party of 6 there is no way they will be able to help you in time.

    otherwise, solo you can avoid it entirely if you time your jumps right.

    - Team Play, get a Binder
    - Heaven's door can save you
    - They removed losing exp at Hard Hilla because this is to be EXPECTED and is part of the mechanics
    - You can't jump anymore, it's been patched for ages.

    It's a strategy. Even if you send someone in, you can wait out the cage and for the player to come back to burst Hilla down, and use all the buffs/binds you have. "Oh no someone has to die for Guild PQ and there's nothing anybody can do about it, this PQ is flawed" is your equivalent answer. No, it's just the design. Nothing to complain about.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)

    That's her design, for her not to be solo'd in the first place. It was designed for party play and that's what happens when you don't have the right resources. This is no different to the 1 hit ko's Arkarium does, and heal received by his minions (cannot kill without a mage). By asking to remove the cage or escape is equivalent to asking Nexon to make CWKPQ soloable.

    It's just the design itself, and there's not much to argue about it.

    the flaw in the design is that it doesnt account for actual class skills and requires other players use the attack key, which is terrible design for gameplay of current maple (and was pretty bad design for when hilla was first released tbh), and that's the only part of it that should be changed, cause even if you enter with a party of 6 there is no way they will be able to help you in time.

    otherwise, solo you can avoid it entirely if you time your jumps right.

    - Team Play, get a Binder
    - Heaven's door can save you
    - They removed losing exp at Hard Hilla because this is to be EXPECTED and is part of the mechanics
    - You can't jump anymore, it's been patched for ages.

    It's a strategy. Even if you send someone in, you can wait out the cage and for the player to come back to burst Hilla down, and use all the buffs/binds you have. "Oh no someone has to die for Guild PQ and there's nothing anybody can do about it, this PQ is flawed" is your equivalent answer. No, it's just the design. Nothing to complain about.

    you can still avoid it with jump, I do on my mules, if you have trouble doing it that way, your timing is off, also it's a huge flaw that it wont take fixed damage from skills and only from pushing the basic attack button, if they changed that it would otherwise be fine. Since you bring up guild PQ, they have a similar issue actually, the Problem with GPQ is not that "Someone has to die" it's that you need some really low lvl character that people wouldnt have now-a-days to complete the bloody thing and would basically need a mule at lvl 30 specifically for GPQ even though it goes against what the game wants you to do in this age of maple.

    I have done team runs of Hhilla, there really is no point where I got saved by my team breaking the thing in time (haven't seen anyone get saved by it either) with the limitation of only being able to break it by hitting basic attack and generally ended up wasting time in the boss room if they tried because it wont take any fixed damage from skills.
    SlicedTime
  • StarChasersStarChasers
    Reactions: 210
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)

    That's her design, for her not to be solo'd in the first place. It was designed for party play and that's what happens when you don't have the right resources. This is no different to the 1 hit ko's Arkarium does, and heal received by his minions (cannot kill without a mage). By asking to remove the cage or escape is equivalent to asking Nexon to make CWKPQ soloable.

    It's just the design itself, and there's not much to argue about it.

    the flaw in the design is that it doesnt account for actual class skills and requires other players use the attack key, which is terrible design for gameplay of current maple (and was pretty bad design for when hilla was first released tbh), and that's the only part of it that should be changed, cause even if you enter with a party of 6 there is no way they will be able to help you in time.

    otherwise, solo you can avoid it entirely if you time your jumps right.

    - Team Play, get a Binder
    - Heaven's door can save you
    - They removed losing exp at Hard Hilla because this is to be EXPECTED and is part of the mechanics
    - You can't jump anymore, it's been patched for ages.

    It's a strategy. Even if you send someone in, you can wait out the cage and for the player to come back to burst Hilla down, and use all the buffs/binds you have. "Oh no someone has to die for Guild PQ and there's nothing anybody can do about it, this PQ is flawed" is your equivalent answer. No, it's just the design. Nothing to complain about.

    you can still avoid it with jump, I do on my mules, if you have trouble doing it that way, your timing is off, also it's a huge flaw that it wont take fixed damage from skills and only from pushing the basic attack button, if they changed that it would otherwise be fine. Since you bring up guild PQ, they have a similar issue actually, the Problem with GPQ is not that "Someone has to die" it's that you need some really low lvl character that people wouldnt have now-a-days to complete the bloody thing and would basically need a mule at lvl 30 specifically for GPQ even though it goes against what the game wants you to do in this age of maple.

    I have done team runs of Hhilla, there really is no point where I got saved by my team breaking the thing in time (haven't seen anyone get saved by it either) with the limitation of only being able to break it by hitting basic attack and generally ended up wasting time in the boss room if they tried because it wont take any fixed damage from skills.

    No matter how much air time you have, you still get rooted to the ground for the cage irrespective of timing of the jump. I respected your point until you said you have mules to do hard Hilla. Hm believable that you have multiple chars with 4m range +? You just lost your credibility, and it really makes me question if you can actually do Hard Hilla lol
    Fluorescing
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited April 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    That's the challenge and the purpose of it. It even warns you that it's extremely dangerous to solo for good reason. That's the one single skill that puts Hilla apart from other bosses so it should be kept (unless you want it to be another mindless boss that just stands there doing nothing).

    there should at least be a way for you to escape without breaking out (Houdini.)

    That's her design, for her not to be solo'd in the first place. It was designed for party play and that's what happens when you don't have the right resources. This is no different to the 1 hit ko's Arkarium does, and heal received by his minions (cannot kill without a mage). By asking to remove the cage or escape is equivalent to asking Nexon to make CWKPQ soloable.

    It's just the design itself, and there's not much to argue about it.

    the flaw in the design is that it doesnt account for actual class skills and requires other players use the attack key, which is terrible design for gameplay of current maple (and was pretty bad design for when hilla was first released tbh), and that's the only part of it that should be changed, cause even if you enter with a party of 6 there is no way they will be able to help you in time.

    otherwise, solo you can avoid it entirely if you time your jumps right.

    - Team Play, get a Binder
    - Heaven's door can save you
    - They removed losing exp at Hard Hilla because this is to be EXPECTED and is part of the mechanics
    - You can't jump anymore, it's been patched for ages.

    It's a strategy. Even if you send someone in, you can wait out the cage and for the player to come back to burst Hilla down, and use all the buffs/binds you have. "Oh no someone has to die for Guild PQ and there's nothing anybody can do about it, this PQ is flawed" is your equivalent answer. No, it's just the design. Nothing to complain about.

    you can still avoid it with jump, I do on my mules, if you have trouble doing it that way, your timing is off, also it's a huge flaw that it wont take fixed damage from skills and only from pushing the basic attack button, if they changed that it would otherwise be fine. Since you bring up guild PQ, they have a similar issue actually, the Problem with GPQ is not that "Someone has to die" it's that you need some really low lvl character that people wouldnt have now-a-days to complete the bloody thing and would basically need a mule at lvl 30 specifically for GPQ even though it goes against what the game wants you to do in this age of maple.

    I have done team runs of Hhilla, there really is no point where I got saved by my team breaking the thing in time (haven't seen anyone get saved by it either) with the limitation of only being able to break it by hitting basic attack and generally ended up wasting time in the boss room if they tried because it wont take any fixed damage from skills.

    No matter how much air time you have, you still get rooted to the ground for the cage irrespective of timing of the jump. I respected your point until you said you have mules to do hard Hilla. Hm believable that you have multiple chars with 4m range +? You just lost your credibility, and it really makes me question if you can actually do Hard Hilla lol

    dude it doesnt take 4m range to beat Hhilla, it takes roughly 1m~1.5m maybe 2m range max and decent controll and timing. considering I Fund most of my mules with extra gear I get from my main, like tyrants, CRA and spare gollux, it's really not impossible for that range to be achieved. I also do bosses like Hhilla with friends when on my mules, not solo.

    4m range when you want to insta kill her in like a 4 seconds, at which point you wouldnt be able to get caged unless she cast it as soon as you entered the room.

    perhaps if you are reboot based, it would require more range to solo but not kill in 2 seconds, but by 4m range you should just be melting her face and close to beating her in 2 seconds.

    but by implying and assuming that I solo'd Hhilla on my mules when you didnt even ask and I never specified and then using that to try to ignore my points is really showing.