[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SETTING] Simple Mini-map Mode is Gone

ZomgNitZomgNit
Reactions: 1,266
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Gameplay, Functionality

Bug Description: After the v.177 Patch you can no longer change your mini-map to be simple display. Prior to the update you could choose between a simple display which only showed the platforms, ropes, NPC's and portals, or a more detailed display that showed the background of the map, but didn't show the exact location of platforms and ropes. Currently the mini-map will only display the detailed mode and there is no longer an option to change it in System Options.

Before the patch, with Simple Mini-map: i.imgur.com/pObidcl.png
After the patch, without Simple Mini-map: i.imgur.com/ygy3L7D.png

Old System Options, Mini-map Option located at the bottom right: i.imgur.com/NBe5wHC.jpg
Current System Options, with no Mini-map Option available: i.imgur.com/dZF4dXe.png

Steps to recreate: Open System Options, fail to find option for changing Mini-map style.

Character Name: Halcyon
Character Level: 238
Character Job: Evan
World Name: Broa
Date & Time of Incident: October 19th, 2016, 2:46 PM PST
DemZakAndyLord96KeepComingBackPonPonAlpsSkyTheDestroyerKeksPeteKittiesCrazybufand 2 others.

Comments

• DemZakDemZak
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    I'd like to see this rectified ASAP.
  • OMRY99OMRY99
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2016
    Please fix this.
  • lapcanlapcan
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited October 2016
    It's rather unfair for players who've invested serious towards Oz but never managed to pass 48f or cleared the tower before this patch came into effect, I really hope they recover mini-map very soon.
  • SleestakSleestak
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    +1 please fix. Normal map mode is so ugly.
  • KeksKeks
    Reactions: 635
    edited October 2016
    Hopefully we get simple mini map back soon.. :x
  • PetePete
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2016
    The kishin nerf, portable storage/android shop restrictions and practice ticket restrictions have made tower of OZ almost impossible for some players.
    In fact, the only people who have been clearing oz have been doing so with the help of a frenzy totem (Scania), an item only accessible to an extremely limited number of players.
    As a wethered oz runner, the removal of simple minimap map on top of the previous chages has discouraged me and many others to continue running oz.

Please consider re-implementing simple mode minimap!
  • PangusPangus
    Reactions: 900
    edited October 2016
    Aside from Tower of Oz, I prefer simple mini map mode over the normal map mode.
    Sometimes the normal map looks "too advanced" and cluttered that I choose the mini map over normal mode, since mini map only shows necessary stuff like platforms, ropes, etc. I would think mini map mode is preferred by players who just started to play this game.
    Again, there is so much going on in the normal map mode that beginner players find it complicated to use.

I honestly don't know why they removed the simple mini map mode. At least players were able to CHOOSE between normal or simple mini map mode before this patch. I know you guys are all about "Better Maple", but removing the simple mini map mode isn't one of them.
  • AelonAelon
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    same, and besides - simple mini-map also had the option of increasing its size to 2x - kind of helpful in some situations (and personally i find the regular map rather small...
    Oh yea and oz too... used to run it back in june -> august, and first that thing with kanna (all my time getting my kanna through oz... wasted); now the simple map removal... really, just bring simple minimap back at least.