[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dream Defender Thread

EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
Reactions: 1,185
edited April 2018 in General Chat
This week i got my Lvl 220 after i trained 5 Lvls in Sky Whale Mountain at mixed Crilias
and then i complete the Lachelein and started the Dream Defender at later time (cuz i could do that b4 and i was 2 lazy)

Im stuck at 20 Stage+ in Dream Defender and i cant do more than Stage 22 cuz the Music Boxes is 2 harder to kill
as Lvl 220 Evan with 1.4m range Buffed what stage on Dream Defender i can do the most?
for me i wanna hit at least the Stage 30 it will be the best for me

Plz Help

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Easiest answer is: get stronger.

You can try watching videos of Evans doing Dream Defender, to see if you are doing it optimally (using the right skills at the right time). But assuming you got the technique down, all that's left is to get stronger.
    EvanTrinity
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Easiest answer is: get stronger.

You can try watching videos of Evans doing Dream Defender, to see if you are doing it optimally (using the right skills at the right time). But assuming you got the technique down, all that's left is to get stronger.

hey
    i got horntail buff, blue potion, guild buff, nobless guild buffs, decent adv bless, decent sharp eye, blessing of the onyx, heroic memories, maple warrior, Mana overload
    also booster+2, decent speed infusion+1, green potion+1, Dive Return+1 = 5 att speed
    total i got up to 1.7m max to 2m range
    and now it saturday i got up to stage 27 the highest but it count me as 26

with all of it
    do u think i can get the stage 30 of Dream Defender?
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited April 2018
    that is pretty good compared to my skill with evan. wow you even surprized me there EvanTrinity.
    EvanTrinityLilyflower
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    How much boss damage do you have? At lvl 220 with 1.4m range, you might need to just settle for floor 20 lol. You could save up those dream point things til you get to 3000. That'll give you 3 map-clearing skill uses, one per floor.
    EvanTrinity
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Fennekin wrote: »
    How much boss damage do you have? At lvl 220 with 1.4m range, you might need to just settle for floor 20 lol. You could save up those dream point things til you get to 3000. That'll give you 3 map-clearing skill uses, one per floor.

In addition to that, you can use a Wilderness Hunter Buff to get to floor 30.
    Once you've gone 20-30 once, you might be able to clear 30 every time without the Wilderness Hunter Buff, if you enter with all your hypers and 5th job buffs active. But I'm not familiar enough with Evan to know for sure.
    EvanTrinity
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2018

i have something like 230% boss att
    is that enough?

and wich skill is that? the 900 or the 300?
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2018
    that is pretty good compared to my skill with evan. wow you even surprized me there EvanTrinity.

the best that i ever did yersterday is stage 26 like that cuz i saw other evan video that he doing flash return on the music box so it kills it easier than ever and i didnt know that
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2018

In addition to that, you can use a Wilderness Hunter Buff to get to floor 30.
    Once you've gone 20-30 once, you might be able to clear 30 every time without the Wilderness Hunter Buff, if you enter with all your hypers and 5th job buffs active. But I'm not familiar enough with Evan to know for sure.

what is the wilderness buff? it not supporse to be from the nobless guild skills?
    and also i did the 5th job skill of my evan the whyrmking breath the bar is just increased
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    what is the wilderness buff?

Wilderness Hunter's Buff is a 30 minutes 100 att/m.att buff coupon, that you can get once a day from Mr. Lee's Airlines.
    To obtain it:
    1. Be in a town and accept "[Mr. Lee Airlines]Regular Service" quest from your lightbulb notifier.
      If you don't have this quest in your lightbulb notifier, go to Event Hall and talk to Mr. Lee.
    2. You will be moved to the airport map.
    3. Create a party and enter the airplane.
    4. After a short flight you will crash on Mr. Lee's island.
      The island is a mini-dungeon that you can enter once a day and that kicks you out after 1 hour or if you die or disconnect. Note that the island has no "town" and therefore no potion shop or access to storage. Make sure you have everything you need on you before you enter.
      Monsters are matched to your level. Some are regular and some are bosses, but the only one that's really dangerous is the guy in the hazmat suit.
      On this island, most portals you enter will take you to a random map. However, going back into the portal you just came out of will usually take you to the previous map.
      The island has various quests and rewards, but we'll focus on the Wilderness Hunter's Buff for now.
    5. Enter the portal nearest you.
    6. If the map has wolves, hyenas, or wild dogs, kill them until they drop a book. If the map has something else, walk to the right end of the map and enter the portal. Keep going right until you find a map with one of those mobs, and get the book.
    7. Picking up the book will make a quest appear in your lightbulb. Something about "Beasts of the Island." Accept it.
    8. The quest will have you killing hyenas, dogs, wolves, and hogs. Keep going right until you find a map with each of these mobs, and kill the number required.
    9. The only tricky one is the hog, because only one spawns in its map. After killing it, leave the map and immediately reenter the portal. If you're lucky, you'll be back in the hog map and a new one will have spawned. Keep doing that until you get all your kills. (If you're not lucky, you'll have to keep going to random maps until you reach the hog map again).
    10. Once you've completed the quest, turn it in for a Wilderness Hunter's Buff. It's a use item that doesn't expire.
    11. You can now leave the island by leaving your party.
    EvanTrinity
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2018
    what is the wilderness buff?

Wilderness Hunter's Buff is a 30 minutes 100 att/m.att buff coupon, that you can get once a day from Mr. Lee's Airlines.
    To obtain it:
    1. Be in a town and accept "[Mr. Lee Airlines]Regular Service" quest from your lightbulb notifier.
      If you don't have this quest in your lightbulb notifier, go to Event Hall and talk to Mr. Lee.
    2. You will be moved to the airport map.
    3. Create a party and enter the airplane.
    4. After a short flight you will crash on Mr. Lee's island.
      The island is a mini-dungeon that you can enter once a day and that kicks you out after 1 hour or if you die or disconnect. Note that the island has no "town" and therefore no potion shop or access to storage. Make sure you have everything you need on you before you enter.
      Monsters are matched to your level. Some are regular and some are bosses, but the only one that's really dangerous is the guy in the hazmat suit.
      On this island, most portals you enter will take you to a random map. However, going back into the portal you just came out of will usually take you to the previous map.
      The island has various quests and rewards, but we'll focus on the Wilderness Hunter's Buff for now.
    5. Enter the portal nearest you.
    6. If the map has wolves, hyenas, or wild dogs, kill them until they drop a book. If the map has something else, walk to the right end of the map and enter the portal. Keep going right until you find a map with one of those mobs, and get the book.
    7. Picking up the book will make a quest appear in your lightbulb. Something about "Beasts of the Island." Accept it.
    8. The quest will have you killing hyenas, dogs, wolves, and hogs. Keep going right until you find a map with each of these mobs, and kill the number required.
    9. The only tricky one is the hog, because only one spawns in its map. After killing it, leave the map and immediately reenter the portal. If you're lucky, you'll be back in the hog map and a new one will have spawned. Keep doing that until you get all your kills. (If you're not lucky, you'll have to keep going to random maps until you reach the hog map again).
    10. Once you've completed the quest, turn it in for a Wilderness Hunter's Buff. It's a use item that doesn't expire.
    11. You can now leave the island by leaving your party.

oh yeah u right i forgot from it but it litle hard to get no?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I just described exactly how to get it.
    What exactly looks hard about it?
    Takes 10-15 minutes depending on luck.
    You can try to use Onyx Apples instead, but they only last 10 minutes.
    EvanTrinity
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    Here are some tips:

1. Increase Arcane Force level by completing daily symbol missions. Having 360 AF makes you deal 1x damage with no reduction, and 540 AF makes you deal 1.5x damage.
    2. Use Wind Flash - Return! to deal 20% more damage.
    3. Use Dragon Dive - Return, Green MPE potion, and Decent Speed Infusion Node to gain att speed.
    4. Noblesse guild buff, Guild Blessing, Wilderness buff, Blue MPE potion, Hero's Echo, Ursus buff, etc.
    5. Try to use Dragon Slam and Elemental Barrage without fusing because it gives you two very powerful skills to break music box with instead of one.
    EvanTrinity