[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroid Event Shop VS BiS Event Item Shops

FreeTempoFreeTempo
Reactions: 1,285
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello Maplers, I'd like you to please look at this list of event items:

Master Ring SS
(Reboot) Vengeful Ring
Cosmos Ring
Slyph Rings
Explorer Critical Ring
Sengoku Hakase Badge
Dark Lords of Darkness Totems

These are a few of the many event items that come back throughout the year with the an exception of a few events being yearly. Players who missed out on the events or showed up late can always look forward to the next event shop. This system works, it is familiar to players and reassuring to old and new players.

Now lets discuss the Wondroid event shop. Recently, a second season with some bonus content was released. New Androids were introduced, a chair, and quests. If you're a player who participated in the first season, you would know that when the second season was introduced, items previously purchased the first time around were not re-stocked.
Is there a valid reason for this? When we look at the items I mentioned above, there was nothing stopping a player from purchasing another item from a different event (Synergy Ring is an exception, however if you somehow no longer had one, you could always buy another one when it was in another event shop in the future).

Why is it that the Wondroid Shop is an exception to this? There are some people who were around long enough to have received the Lidium Heart from an event on Reboot, and they can fall back on that. What about the players who for whatever reason sold or dropped or no longer had possession of the item purchased from the Wondroid shop?

I understand that this issue only affects a small group of people, but if you're on Reboot, you could possibly find yourself in the same position one day. It is only after I sold my Glimmering Wondroid Heart did I understand why players bought item guards.

I took a break after this happened, but I've slowly started playing again. I am extremely happy and excited when Flames were announced for GMS. I hope that in the future if/when a third season of Wondroid comes back, players in the same or similar situation as me can once again be in possession of a Glimmering Wondroid Heart.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this.
  1. The Wondroid Shop & future event items should re-stock items when they're introduced again.5 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (5 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• YaoMingHoFYaoMingHoF
    Reactions: 210
    I hard agree with everything stated in this post. It's a really fresh idea that could be a really solid QoL change brought in. Please look into this, Nexon!
    FreeTempo
  • DolphinnnDolphinnn
    Reactions: 310
    They should've made changes like this long ago.

Especially on servers like Reboot where trading is not possible, and the entire point is self progression.
    FreeTempo
  • FreeTempoFreeTempo
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited April 2018
    YaoMingHoF wrote: »
    I hard agree with everything stated in this post. It's a really fresh idea that could be a really solid QoL change brought in. Please look into this, Nexon!

I'm happy to hear that you feel the same. This would definitely be a very good QoL change, especially for players in Reboot. I'm interested in hearing what other Maplers have to say about this.
    Dolphinnn wrote: »
    They should've made changes like this long ago.

Especially on servers like Reboot where trading is not possible, and the entire point is self progression.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone on my take of this gameplay decision. I feel like it was almost an active decision by Nexon to have made the items a one-time-purchase per character. Nexon NA has always been slow when it comes to improving the player experience, but in the end they did deliver. Major Examples being loot lag and server stability.

This wouldn't be the first time that Nexon NA has made exclusive changes to GMS. Removing the Pay-to-win RNG Meso Sacks during the early days of Reboot came to fruition because the community was very adamant about its presence going against the entire idea of Reboot. Another example of exclusive changes to GMS would also include when Haku's Blessing got nerfed from %MATK to flat MATK for all party members. Although the nerf was handled poorly, the core of it all is that Nexon NA is capable of making these changes. We as a community need to make sure that Nexon NA understands that such changes are required to improving player experiences. The better we are able to communicate between players and Nexon NA, the better we as a whole can improve the game.