[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it worth creating a Pink Bean character?

HuyhnguyHuyhnguy
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
For a limited time, everyone can create a Pink Bean character. From what I read, you can receive rewards for playing and leveling your bean character but nexon is not specific in what those rewards are and what they give. Will this Pink Bean event give me anything useful that I can transfer over to my main to make him stronger?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    We don't have the detailed update notes yet, but assuming the event is like the previous two times we had it, the main reward is the Holy Pink Beanity title.
    It's a permanent title with 10 allstat, 5 att/m.att, and 10% boss damage.
    This is arguable the most powerful permanent title in the game.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited May 2018
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21712/night-of-the-living-bean-event-4-5-5-10

Old notes. But still worth reading over.
    Complete all of the missions and receive a special title:

Holy Pink Beanity!: Untradeable. STR/DEX/INT/LUK +10, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +5,and Boss Attack +10%
    hpb422d.jpg

I think I'll also try to get the title! :) Last time I gave up because the thought of trying to level up to 200 scared me...
    Yikes.
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited May 2018
    I wonder if i can make one even if i am maxed out of original characters. I better not have to delete one of them in order to do this. Would suck though.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited May 2018
    SuperJonic wrote: »
    I wonder if i can make one even if i am maxed out of original characters. I better not have to delete one of them in order to do this. Would suck though.

You need an empty slot in order to create a Pink Bean.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Geminia wrote: »
    SuperJonic wrote: »

You need an empty slot in order to create a Pink Bean.

Please add your support to this suggestion: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19604/add-a-character-slot-for-pink-bean
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    I want to make one anyway. I want to see pink beans all over tbh.
    Do you lose the pink bean after a while though or is it permanent? I never see anyone playing one, like ever
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Do you lose the pink bean after a while though or is it permanent? I never see anyone playing one, like ever

They are all deleted when the event ends.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Aww that's so sad.
    So you can only lvl it to 200 and it's deleted? Seems like a shame and slight waste of time
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018

Aww that's so sad.
    So you can only lvl it to 200 and it's deleted? Seems like a shame and slight waste of time

You can level it as high as you want (I remember a level 221 Pink Bean someone made, the first time we had the event) but yes, it's deleted after.
    As for "waste of time" - it's an event. They're all "wastes of time" in that you grind, collect, run obstacle courses, and whatever else - and then it's all gone except for whatever rewards the event gives.
    One of the Pink Bean event rewards is a leveling potion, that you can use to level another character to 120 (I think?) for "free". So not all your grinding time is "wasted".
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited May 2018

Aww that's so sad.

You can level it as high as you want (I remember a level 221 Pink Bean someone made, the first time we had the event) but yes, it's deleted after.
    As for "waste of time" - it's an event. They're all "wastes of time" in that you grind, collect, run obstacle courses, and whatever else - and then it's all gone except for whatever rewards the event gives.
    One of the Pink Bean event rewards is a leveling potion, that you can use to level another character to 120 (I think?) for "free". So not all your grinding time is "wasted".

Well, by waste of time meaning that I can't play on my other characters and level them while getting rewards. With most events you can play them on your regular characters and you keep the character and exp you gain. with pink bean, all your grinding, etc, is deleted with pink bean. That's more of what I meant.