[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Adding V-Matrix Safeguards

ArgentArgent
Reactions: 3,090
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Disassembly Mode has been a great help in reducing the burden on players when disassembling nodes, but it is missing some important safeguards.

Currently, if the player has a node already selected it is not automatically deselected when entering Disassembly Mode. This is potentially dangerous for players as they must always remain vigilant in deselecting nodes before using this feature. If for example, a player has just enhanced a node and then decides to enter Disassembly Mode, the node they had just worked on would still be selected and the player might end up destroying something they had just worked on.

You can see this happening below:
0t3t0qV.gif

Here are a few suggestions for an improved V-Matix.
  • When entering Disassembly Mode, the currently selected node(s) will be automatically deselected.
  • When in disassembly mode, the selected nodes should turn red. The current white/blue outline does not have good visibility.
    XaWDj2j.png

• When a leveled node is chosen for disassembly a warning should popup either immediately or when the player goes confirm. This window should probably appear independently for each leveled node selected.
    MfrY7M6.png

• Node locking: A lock icon would appear in the Selected Nodes dialogue box. Clicking on it would either lock or unlock the node. This lock feature would prevent the node from being used as either material for upgrading nodes or from being disassembled. I'm unsure if a node should be allowed to be enhanced while locked so long as the materials aren't locked themselves, however, I can see there could be a reason not to. This feature could also go a step further by requiring a PIN/Password to unlock nodes.
    nbne7gf.gif
I believe with these safeguards in place, most instances of accidental disassembly can be avoided.

Aside from the things I mentioned, the only thing left would be for Nexon to develop the tools necessary to recover lost nodes in case the safeguard I have proposed fail or are circumvented. My understanding is that these tools don't currently exist despite 5th Job being introduced nearly a year and a half ago.

If you have any comments, suggestions or just want to vent about your experiences with the V-Matrix, feel free to leave a comment down below.
PhantomMasterThiefSlicedTime

Comments

• NAVGGNAVGG
    Reactions: 310
    Pretty sure I disassembled a new tri-node once. I didn't have it equipped yet because I didn't have a slot but I wrote it on notepad to help figure out what my other nodes should be. I went back on a later date to enhance it and couldn't find it or anything resembling what I had written.

And yeah the white boarders on selected nodes can be pretty hard to see (maybe I need glasses?).
  • ArgentArgent
    edited May 2018
    Another idea that came to me is Nexon could add an undo button. This could function as a simple, undo the last action only, button, whether that be the creation or disassembly of a node. The undo feature might work until the player leaves the UI, or perhaps have some sort of history log where so long as the node created exists or enough node shards remain, the action can be undone.

I can see a scenario where a player in the process of disassembling a bunch of nodes might go, "oops, didn't mean to click that one", and only undoing the last disassembled node might not be enough.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for the detailed and demonstrated suggestions. I agree that accidentally disassembling a high-level node is all too easy, and needs protection.
    I have forwarded this thread.
    ArgentSlicedTime
  • ArgentArgent
    edited May 2018
    I appreciate that AKradian.

Hopefully, someone at Nexon will think this is a worthy enough idea to get it implemented.
  • AnEpicSquirrelAnEpicSquirrel
    Reactions: 590
    edited September 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thank you for the detailed and demonstrated suggestions. I agree that accidentally disassembling a high-level node is all too easy, and needs protection.
    I have forwarded this thread.

I know this is an ancient thread, and that is part of the problem. Will this ever be addressed? Accidentally deleted my True Arachnid Skill Node (Level 1, 0% EXP) with my remaining 40+ Celestial Festival Reward Nodes and am a bit peeved at how this isn't a feature. I know I could have double-checked, but that's not a real solution, just a reminder.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    I like how this thread raises very real concerns with the nodestone management window, with solutions for each problem, yet nothing has been done in the two years since it was posted.

Perhaps a mod can forward this to the relevant parties again? A locking function would be very nice, as I and likely many others have nodes that aren't equipped that we want to keep around and/or are still working on enhancing.
    edited September 2020
    The cynic in me doubts this will ever happen unless KMS does it first (then GMS will get it 6 months later...).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    The cynic in me doubts this will ever happen unless KMS does it first (then GMS will get it 6 months later...).

I don't see why you're cynical for knowing how things work.

(Because that's exactly how things work; stuff gets implemented in kms and then gms gets it x+6 months later)
    edited September 2020
    It's cynical because it means that community feedback and input on GMS is completely irrelevant. I'd like to think someone reads these and there is at least a small discussion, but we haven't been getting clear responses.