[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night Lords are stupidly OP

SparkzSparkz
Reactions: 1,070
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
Why does their primary mobbing skill do 618% damage? Did it not occur to any Nexon employee that it's outright broken? Not only that but it has additional effects that increases item drop rate and exp obtained.

Also, their primary bossing skill does ~430% damage... what in the fk.

All on top of being able to reach hard attack speed cap without attack speed inner ability.

tl;dr - Night Lord is unbalanced and overloaded in damage.

plz nerf.

/rant

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    ...........Right, ok. This has to be a troll, right?

First off, our bossing skill has less damage because it hits an additional 6 lines over our mobbing skill, resulting in much higher total damage dealt.

Our mobbing is really strong with showdown, but yet you don't see any bots using NL, so its obviously far from the best mobbing in the game.

Our additional drop rate and exp from showdown was nerfed, hard. Cut in half already and you want to nerf it again?

We are not the only class able to reach the attack speed cap without attack speed IA. All but one or two classes can do that with DSI, and even without DSI there are other classes that can hit hard attack speed cap without the IA line.

Our mobility went from the best in the game almost 7 years ago to being mediocre at best now.

We have never been on the top of a DPS chart (since you sound like someone who puts a lot of faith into those).

The only thing about us that is possibly OP is the untouchable debuff from showdown, but even then its outshined by Bishop or BT buffs anyway imo
    Kylehell007DarkPassenger
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

First off, our bossing skill has less damage because it hits an additional 6 lines over our mobbing skill, resulting in much higher total damage dealt.

Our mobbing is really strong with showdown, but yet you don't see any bots using NL, so its obviously far from the best mobbing in the game.

Our additional drop rate and exp from showdown was nerfed, hard. Cut in half already and you want to nerf it again?

We are not the only class able to reach the attack speed cap without attack speed IA. All but one or two classes can do that with DSI, and even without DSI there are other classes that can hit hard attack speed cap without the IA line.

Our mobility went from the best in the game almost 7 years ago to being mediocre at best now.

We have never been on the top of a DPS chart (since you sound like someone who puts a lot of faith into those).

The only thing about us that is possibly OP is the untouchable debuff from showdown, but even then its outshined by Bishop or BT buffs anyway imo
    Pretty sure you need stars for that. Can't bot it if you need to reload stars constantly.

And hey, OP, you wanna talk stupidly overpowered? Let's talk Angelic Buster. Whose 4th job mobbing skill(which I daresay is their main mobbing skill) does 1160% damage, and their main bossing skill that does 1600% damage. Why not complain about that?
    RawKylehell007
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I'm pretty sure Night Lord's mobbing skill only does like 2 lines of damage (4 with Shadow Partner).

Also, you are aware that their bossing skill only does 4 (5 with hyper) lines of damage (8/10 with shadow partner), right?

You want OP, play Shadower. their bossing skill does 627% damage 3 times and 700% 2 times, and their mobbing skill does 712% damage 2 times.

OR if you want to be the supremely busted overlord of Maple, play Marksman. THEIR bossing skill does 4410% damage with 100% crit rate. so broken /s

• gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

gamechanger

Pretty sure you need stars for that. Can't bot it if you need to reload stars constantly.

And hey, OP, you wanna talk stupidly overpowered? Let's talk Angelic Buster. Whose 4th job mobbing skill(which I daresay is their main mobbing skill) does 1160% damage, and their main bossing skill that does 1600% damage. Why not complain about that?
    I don't think showdown uses stars. Then again with shadow stars and ~10 sets of stars I need to refill so little that I don't even bother keeping track anymore
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

You shouldn't compare vanilla job skills and hackers with the current meta game. Ofc all of the hacked classes are going to have the best skills lol
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

gamechanger

You shouldn't compare vanilla job skills and hackers with the current meta game. Ofc all of the hacked classes are going to have the best skills lol
    So Blaze Wizard? Best skills? Have you ever played a Blaze Wizard? It's literally "hey you job advanced, you get ONE MORE FIREBALL!!!"
    gamechangerJettLuvsU
  • YKSinYKSin
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Alright OP first off I'm not sure if you're trolling or just downright retarded however if you want to talk about being Overpowered there are a whole lot of Op classes compared to NL.
    In the thief branch Dual Blades are the most Op alright.

Dual Blades have two weapons for crying out loud their secondary weapon is the best secondary weapon in terms of weapon attack in the entire game and with Kataras able to be a part of set effects you can god damn equip a full Fafnir set on top of a full Meister set or whatever you prefer.
    (Then again GMS players hardly use Meister set anyway so let me explain, so first off Fafnir set consist of Hat+Top+Bottom+Weapon[Dagger] you're done one full set of Fafnir then on to Meister set consisting of Earrings, Ring+Shoulder Pad+ Weapon[Katara] you're done here too 2 full set effect of pretty op end game equips. )

Secondly they have their Final Cut and it wasn't even a god damn debuff earlier this year it was pretty much an overall buff for DBs and with how easy it is to achieve buff duration you think they'd need to wait for their Final Cut for the more funded ones?
    I main a NL my friend mains a DB when the both of us were using Raven Horn set + Boss Accessory set with those equips being evenly scrolled and potted he destroyed me in range.

Alright and next they have their overpowered avoid, hp leech skill and stance. We nightlords got nerfed in terms of avoid years back, we no longer have drain since Red patch and we have 0 stance and you want to say we're being overpowered after the tons and tons of time Nexon screwed us over and nerfed us.
    Also may I mind you in the past even NLs weren't super overpowered you think it's easy to train with only lucky seven and avengers back then?

We were only better at single targets back then may I mind you also flash jump was originally only exclusive to us and now every single class has them so what has NL gotten back compared to what we had to give out to kill off our uniqueness?
    Better mobbing? There are classes better at it than us. Hitting range easier? There are also classes easier at it than us.
    Funding? Let's not even get started NL has always been one of the most expensive classes to fund. Tankier? We've never been tanky and we're still not.
    Even in a period of time between last year till before 5th job we have been losing to Night Walkers and we're being Overpowered?
    Even now with me equipping Full Fafnir set of 17* 30% spell traced(15% for claw) and etc while my friend is still using his Raven Horn set with his final cut his range is half of my range so now who's the op one?
    Kids these days....

Moderator note: Please don't call other users names.
    Kylehell007
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    AaronHusky

I'm pretty sure Night Lord's mobbing skill only does like 2 lines of damage (4 with Shadow Partner).

Also, you are aware that their bossing skill only does 4 (5 with hyper) lines of damage (8/10 with shadow partner), right?

You want OP, play Shadower. their bossing skill does 627% damage 3 times and 700% 2 times, and their mobbing skill does 712% damage 2 times.

OR if you want to be the supremely busted overlord of Maple, play Marksman. THEIR bossing skill does 4410% damage with 100% crit rate. so broken /s

Actually marksmen were nerfed down to multi lined snipe with much lower % damage.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    buccaneerlol

AaronHusky

Actually marksmen were nerfed down to multi lined snipe with much lower % damage.
    That was a buff to Marksman.... They got an extra line on Snipe, which synergizes with Bolt Surplus, turning Snipe into a 3 line move. Even though the damage per line was nerfed, the skill now deals significantly more damage than it ever did.

I'm beginning to question whether some people in this thread know what they are talking about
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    NL is one of the best for 5th job at close range though. Easily beats 95% of classes in this game in DPS. Till we have that though....
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    Just because you see a handsome amount of players dumping extreme funds into this probably most common class in the whole game after almost 14-15 years and yeah id agree anyone doing that is overpowered. The class itself is weak as crap now compared to other thieves. nowhere even close to their dps/dpm/DOT even. If NL is so op can u make one and carry me to all the end-game bosses which I cannot even get close or near to at a chance soloing/not to mention in a group, regardless of skill dmg/ skill "awe"? I suggest you do some more research. Currently nw laugh in face of NL speed-wise+insta recovery on att no fancy IA needed, DB/shad have like 2 times the speed of a NL aswell not to mention they get the luxury of having a potentially 12 slot sub weapon to either prime for att/armor prime giving a significant more range boost then a NL's nooby charm with at most +5 att. like I know this is a troll post or someone being butt hurt, fact is your wrong.
  • marcienmarcien
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

So Blaze Wizard? Best skills? Have you ever played a Blaze Wizard? It's literally "hey you job advanced, you get ONE MORE FIREBALL!!!"
    dont diss the giant fireball man. it is pretty fun to use and real useful in bossing too.

anyway, speaking of OP, wild hunters are kinda OP too. every rebalancing barely even nerfs them hahaha