[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Upcoming Boss Reward system changes

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    R.I.P Reboot

At least I'm safe on Zenith.. I hope..

Are you sure? I live in Arcania and I am weird :P.

I am just upset the new entry limits.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2017
    *sigh*

Nexon, we've been playing your game for over 12 years. You're supposed to make us want to continue playing. These changes give absolutely no incentives to play your game or give you money.
    BooberpuppydarikSlicedTimeArgentgadgetdude
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited November 2017
    I've said it all along, they hate Reboot with a passionate disgust and regret ever implementing it. Every update, they put another nail in that server's coffin. It's almost like they want to force every one back to pay servers by making Reboot intensely unappealing or something. Not like the other servers exactly like this particular change, but Reboot is centered around mesos for gains. They just cut off more of that supply, yet again... Seems they want it to look like coincidence or accident, but can not cover up these tracks. Insulting.

gadgetdude
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2017
    Nexon: We listen to the community and value your input.
    Literally every player: Don't change the boss reward system!
    Nexon: We're changing the boss reward system lol

And they keep asking themselves why the community shows so little faith in them.
    darikSherrigadgetdude
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    Well, this changes are coming today...
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    I've said it all along, they hate Reboot with a passionate disgust and regret ever implementing it. Every update, they put another nail in that server's coffin. It's almost like they want to force every one back to pay servers by making Reboot intensely unappealing or something. Not like the other servers exactly like this particular change, but Reboot is centered around mesos for gains. They just cut off more of that supply, yet again... Seems they want it to look like coincidence or accident, but can not cover up these tracks. Insulting.

i dont think they ahte reboot, they make A LOT of money in my opinion with reboot players, if u go around reboot nearly everyone has nx, a lot of ppl (me included) spend money to get those cute and adorable nx clothes., but yeah after seeing this boss nerfs and the poorly explained balancing updates in the patch notes, it makes me want to stop spending money on this game.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    Nexon: We listen to the community and value your input.
    Literally every player: Don't change the boss reward system!
    Nexon: We're changing the boss reward system lol

And they keep asking themselves why the community shows so little faith in them.

Ugh...I wish we could get this reverted. @Arwoo hear our pleas.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

It's really too bad that Arwoo only has the power to relay messages to HQ instead of implement them.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

It's really too bad that Arwoo only has the power to relay messages to HQ instead of implement them.

Well arwoo is all we really got... (wish we had kthx again...)
  • DabbinStarDabbinStar
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2018
    GitWoke wrote: »
    Ughh.... why reduce boss entries so drastically? This is going to destroy new and unfunded players trying to level up mains and link skill / legion mules.

On Reboot this will completely destroy new players by removing the best way we have to earn meso without drop/meso rate gear.

NOT A GOOD CHANGE.

I would love to hear their reasoning behind this... :(

Edit: The good news is we won't be getting this update for 6 months or so, right? Literally the only positive thing I have to say.

WELL SO MUCH FOR THAT 6 MONTHS HUH?
  • ArtimessheedArtimessheed
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2018
    The change is simply bad overall, with the set of armor being a small positive consolation. Not only has the potion supply so many players rely upon cut off cold-turkey, but also the monetary gain from said bosses is now sickeningly low for most of the bosses that a lot of higher level players grind on. This system forces players to go all the way to NLC (which is only reachable by an often inconvenient train) to get the closest mockup to the power elixir. The potions sellable from bosses were overall more profitable then the current stones system, and could be sold on the auction market for a large liquidity and low price.

What I don't think nexon realizes with this change, is that power elixirs being HARDER to get, will soon soar in price when people begin to realize the auction house tap will soon run dry. As time progresses, the amount of power elixirs will decline because the amount that CAN be made and the amount that are being bought and consumed are now out of proportion. Id say power elixirs might soon reach about a 500k-750k average price or more, simply because supply can no longer possibly meet demand as well as it has done in the past. People who could supply themselves from bosses now have to either default to a less-powered potion (all the way to NLC), or pay a once-unthinkable fee via the auction house, for the real deal potion.

monetarly, the change will for the most part deflate the meso in a rather drastic way. Likely with how slow changes in prices come in the free market, or the pricings in the auction house, there will however be a raviene in the meso market between buyer and seller. With meso sellers having less mesos on hand, they will be unable to sell the amount, for the average amount of maple points generally tied to the meso. In short, the meso market will either stagnate, or each meso will be worth more in the long run, but in the short run will be much less liquid. THIS ALSO INCLUDES BOSS EQUIPS. For a time, until boss equip prices plummet to meet the needs of the buyers, there will be a drop in liquidity, or selling speed, of items. This will hurt nexon if it reaches a degree that the mesos spent on buying and selling suprise style box items begin to deflate, people will be selling suprise style box items either for LESS, or in LESS volume, thus potentially causing people to purchase less of the suprise style boxes with nexon credit or maple points.

In short, the main source of down-to-earth meso income for players was put in jeopardy with this change, and as a result, everything is likely going to be bought and sold less, until people begin selling things for less. The self-sufficiency of players was also put in the bind, raising the support costs for higher level players.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    The change is simply bad overall, with the set of armor being a small positive consolation. Not only has the potion supply so many players rely upon cut off cold-turkey, but also the monetary gain from said bosses is now sickeningly low for most of the bosses that a lot of higher level players grind on. This system forces players to go all the way to NLC (which is only reachable by an often inconvenient train) to get the closest mockup to the power elixir. The potions sellable from bosses were overall more profitable then the current stones system, and could be sold on the auction market for a large liquidity and low price.

What I don't think nexon realizes with this change, is that power elixirs being HARDER to get, will soon soar in price when people begin to realize the auction house tap will soon run dry. As time progresses, the amount of power elixirs will decline because the amount that CAN be made and the amount that are being bought and consumed are now out of proportion. Id say power elixirs might soon reach about a 500k-750k average price or more, simply because supply can no longer possibly meet demand as well as it has done in the past. People who could supply themselves from bosses now have to either default to a less-powered potion (all the way to NLC), or pay a once-unthinkable fee via the auction house, for the real deal potion.

monetarly, the change will for the most part deflate the meso in a rather drastic way. Likely with how slow changes in prices come in the free market, or the pricings in the auction house, there will however be a raviene in the meso market between buyer and seller. With meso sellers having less mesos on hand, they will be unable to sell the amount, for the average amount of maple points generally tied to the meso. In short, the meso market will either stagnate, or each meso will be worth more in the long run, but in the short run will be much less liquid. THIS ALSO INCLUDES BOSS EQUIPS. For a time, until boss equip prices plummet to meet the needs of the buyers, there will be a drop in liquidity, or selling speed, of items. This will hurt nexon if it reaches a degree that the mesos spent on buying and selling suprise style box items begin to deflate, people will be selling suprise style box items either for LESS, or in LESS volume, thus potentially causing people to purchase less of the suprise style boxes with nexon credit or maple points.

In short, the main source of down-to-earth meso income for players was put in jeopardy with this change, and as a result, everything is likely going to be bought and sold less, until people begin selling things for less. The self-sufficiency of players was also put in the bind, raising the support costs for higher level players.

1. Meso having value is the best thing GMS could have asked for in YEARS!
    2. There isn't any shortages on power elixirs, people still get a ton on them.
    3. Hahahahaha that's a good one, people stop paying to look prettier in what is essentially a Dressup MMO.
    4. i agree that we get less meso due to this change, but at the very least the botters, hackers or w/e you wanna call them, get less meso in return too
    ( though it doesn't affect them to much in the long run )
  • robtbsrobtbs
    Reactions: 440
    edited May 2018
    Nexon is killing the party sytem

we are back to gridding alone and bossing alone... dark times...