[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Zero and Reboot

Comments

• Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited March 2018
    why would they change how zero functions in reboot but not in other servers?

If anything, the best argument for Zero in reboot would be that we've reached a point in the game where progression can be done fast, meaning Zero's progression rate is essentially the same as any other class now with the right management of resources. All the changes that have been made to zero, prevent any power creep it used to have.

Because reboot doesn't function like regular server.... All classes have been adjust.
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Also...thank you ShinyRay on Maple Discord for this idea...but what about locking the tier ups on Zero weapon to Epic instead of Unique... :T

If it's what it needs to release Zero then why not, it's not a big change after all.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018

If anything, the best argument for Zero in reboot would be that we've reached a point in the game where progression can be done fast, meaning Zero's progression rate is essentially the same as any other class now with the right management of resources. All the changes that have been made to zero, prevent any power creep it used to have.

Because reboot doesn't function like regular server.... All classes have been adjust.
    Also...thank you ShinyRay on Maple Discord for this idea...but what about locking the tier ups on Zero weapon to Epic instead of Unique... :T

If it's what it needs to release Zero then why not, it's not a big change after all.

There's no class that's specifically tailored for just reboot and different in normal servers.

The 100% bonus damage at 200, and the increased exp and drop from bosses is inherent to reboot, not the classes.
    edited March 2018

That would have to be across the board, not just in reboot.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited March 2018

There's no class that's specifically tailored for just reboot and different in normal servers.

The 100% bonus damage at 200, and the increased exp and drop from bosses is inherent to reboot, not the classes.

They have beginner skills that are not in regular server and yes it's because it's for Reboot, but they had to adjust the classes anyway so why it should not work for Zero? This is only because the devs says that zero need to be tweak for Reboot, but personaly, I think it could work fine the they are already.
    edited March 2018

They have beginner skills that are not in regular server and yes it's because it's for Reboot, but they had to adjust the classes anyway so why it should not work for Zero? This is only because the devs says that zero need to be tweak for Reboot, but personaly, I think it could work fine the they are already.

They didn't adjust the classes just for reboot, they just added those skills, and obviously Zero can get it too, but Zero can't be changed (the mechanics of the class itself) just for one server and the other servers it stays the same as it is now.

You're not understanding what I'm saying.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited March 2018

They didn't adjust the classes just for reboot, they just added those skills, and obviously Zero can get it too, but Zero can't be changed (the mechanics of the class itself) just for one server and the other servers it stays the same as it is now.

Yes I am, and the change that is propose is a downgrade... So what's the big deal? You don't seem to want Zero in Reboot just because of character slot?? Cmon, this can be easily done...
    edited March 2018

Yes I am, and the change that is propose is a downgrade... So what's the big deal? You don't seem to want Zero in Reboot just because of character slot?? Cmon, this can be easily done...

It's not that I don't want zero in reboot, it's just not important to have them in there.
  • TalestoryTalestory
    Reactions: 830
    edited May 2018
    i'm not really expecting for a Slot Expansion, but I do hope Zero's availability on Reboot soon
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2018
    Talestory wrote: »
    i'm not really expecting for a Slot Expansion, but I do hope Zero's availability on Reboot soon

Uhm...thanks for the necrobump o-o but...it seems like Reboot Zero isn't coming anytime soon, although I fervently want it to come.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited May 2018
    Talestory wrote: »

Uhm...thanks for the necrobump o-o but...it seems like Reboot Zero isn't coming anytime soon, although I fervently want it to come.

Yeah... A lot of us do want Zero in Reboot... It's a shame that Nexon doesn' t care about Zero in Reboot....
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited June 2018
    Another Zero creation event and we still can't make one in Reboot......

What's the point of not getting all the classes in Reboot? There is no reason to not have it, it is not op as a class, it is not broken, in fact the class is alright as it is right now to be launch in Reboot so why not doing it???
    ParkTwoPetalmagic
  • KaprowKaprow
    Reactions: 1,410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Ayy still waiting
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    So apparently the big issue with reboot zero is the weapon's system? i was told...kinda wish there were some clarification on why though. @Arwoo

Arwoo stopped qorking for gms a LONG time ago, now the CM is Giblee
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    darik wrote: »
    So apparently the big issue with reboot zero is the weapon's system? i was told...kinda wish there were some clarification on why though. @Arwoo

Arwoo stopped qorking for gms a LONG time ago, now the CM is Giblee

And you're quoting a post from December 2017, when Arwoo was CM.
    Pride
This discussion has been closed.