[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add in a pity system for royal hairstyle/faces

FistyCuffsFistyCuffs
Reactions: 200
It really is a shitty feeling when you spend a good amount of money trying to get a specific style or face for your character and you don't get it and you're left with nothing. I recently just threw in $50 to help my gf get the Sparkling Face because she really wanted it (after spending around $20-30 herself trying to get it). And needless to say we didn't get it. I get that rng + loot boxes make a ton of money for companies but it would be really nice if you guys could find some way to not ignore people who help support the company who end up getting screwed by bad rng. A pity system I have in mind is just one coupon that would let you pick the hair/face that you wanted to atleast keep your consumer base content.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I agree that trying over and over and failing to get the one style you wanted is extremely frustrating, and am all for pity systems or diligence backstops to put a cap on maximum price for a single item/style.

However, I don't quite understand your suggestion.
    "A pity system I have in mind is just one coupon that would let you pick the hair/face that you wanted"
    How do you suggest this coupon be made available?
    - Would it be in the cash shop at all time? If so, what do you feel would be a fair price for it?
    - Would it become available to buy after a certain number of normal Royal attempts? If so, what do you feel would be a fair number of attempts, and a fair price for the coupon?
    - Would it be given automatically after a certain number of normal Royal attempts? If so, what do you feel would be a fair number of attempts?
  • ChiptuneChiptune
    Reactions: 200
    I think a separate coupon that lets you decide on a style should just be implemented along side these royal RNG ones. I'd be willing to pay upwards of 10k nx for one. My biggest problem with these RNG coupons is getting duplicates, so just removing the chances of duplicates would make the process of getting what you want a lot more bearable.
    As for a pity system, I like the idea of getting a free chance to pick what you want after buying a certain amount, and I think a fair amount of coupon uses before you could get this free chance would be 5 coupons, but that honestly seems to generous for Nexon. So if buying a certain amount of coupons would instead unlock the ability to purchase a better coupon that lets you choose your style, I'd be willing to buy it for double the price of a regular coupon at that point. My first suggestion seems a lot more straightforward though so I'd rather have that instead of a pity system.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    While you're at it, there should be a pity system for scrolling as well.
  • ArcoArco
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I agree that trying over and over and failing to get the one style you wanted is extremely frustrating, and am all for pity systems or diligence backstops to put a cap on maximum price for a single item/style.

However, I don't quite understand your suggestion.
    "A pity system I have in mind is just one coupon that would let you pick the hair/face that you wanted"
    How do you suggest this coupon be made available?
    - Would it be in the cash shop at all time? If so, what do you feel would be a fair price for it?
    - Would it become available to buy after a certain number of normal Royal attempts? If so, what do you feel would be a fair number of attempts, and a fair price for the coupon?
    - Would it be given automatically after a certain number of normal Royal attempts? If so, what do you feel would be a fair number of attempts?

An easy way would be to provide a stamp, or coupon everytime a royal hair coupon is used. Once enough stamps are collected, allow the players to choose the style they want.

A fair number of attempts would be 10. As royal hair odds in KMS are not of equal chances, I assume GMS may follow the same distribution of odds. Rarer, often popular and newer hair fall under the "Rare hair" category, with a 20% chance of obtaining. There are usually two hairstyles under this category, so obtaining the rarest or newest hairstyle would be 10% odds.
    After 10 attempts are made, and 10 stamps collected, allow the players to choose a hairstyle from the current rotation.

Source for Royal hair odds: https://orangemushroom.net/2015/07/01/maplestory-probability-type-item-rates/