[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Forum Suggestions and Feedback

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey everyone,

New forums means room for growth and improvement!
What are some suggestions or feedback you have regarding the new forums?
It could be anything from "I don't like the color" to "Can you implement X feature?"

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    top banners good, could use a fancy background though.
    Also wouldn't mind titles coming back, those were pretty fun.
    maybe even a shoutbox, or integrating a discord chat -if that's even possible-.
    Hyona
  • maplefreak2maplefreak2
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited September 2016
    The color is different than what I feel it should be. The main website's colors are dark orange/red, gray, and white. On the forums, purple is added into the mix (with the background). Gray might be a bit too plain, so maybe some background image would be appropriate? Maybe some textures or something going on like in the LawBreakers or Icarus forums? Would be great if the background and color theme updated with every major patch like the old main website, too.

Is there also supposed to be a huge gap between the Nexon logo and the copyright/support/legal info?

PS: I think you guys should add the Instagram & Twitch icons onto the main site like you guys have here.
  • KurtKurt
    Reactions: 1,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Could we have the option to use custom avatars in the near future? Also titles. :)
    Edit: Just read the walkthrough post. Still, titles would be cool to bring back.
    ColourizeIts2Sharp4UHyonaBulbasaurLubKerqxonLilyflower
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2016
    I was directed to put my suggestions in here =3

1. Make the home button bigger so it's easier to see/access
    2. Let us be able to see the like and insightful count of our posts
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Can we have a section to post our achievements, screenshots and videos!
    SparkzLilyflower
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited September 2016
    MageOfBattles

I was directed to put my suggestions in here =3

1. Make the home button bigger so it's easier to see/access
    2. Let us be able to see the like and insightful count of our posts
    The entire logo takes you to the home at forums.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited September 2016
    New forums are sexy.

It would be nice if user login was connected to the main page.

Also, rip my post count.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited September 2016
    I think they could change the background at least, this black make me think it's kind dead(a old bloger named Shakar96 ended his blog with a black background), a more bright color could make this more alive just maple is(full of colors).
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited September 2016
    Y'all changing the forums up too much and no disrespect but the new forums looks goofy with these avatars..
  • ColourizeColourize
    Reactions: 710
    edited September 2016
    Kurt
    Kurt said:

Could we have the option to use custom avatars in the near future? Also titles. :)
    Edit: Just read the walkthrough post. Still, titles would be cool to bring back.
    thiiiissss
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Getting this error when using the "Go to Main Site" on the top-left of the Forums:
    403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
    EDIT: Resolved.
    Can we also get the feature to "Preview" Post when editing?
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    Might have missed something but... no more moderator contact section?

Oh also I'd love a "To top" or just another forum link at the bottom for easier navigation.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited September 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

I think they could change the background at least, this black make me think it's kind dead(a old bloger named Shakar96 ended his blog with a black background), a more bright color could make this more alive just maple is(full of colors).
    That's a name I haven't heard in a while.
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I'm of the opinion that the plain background actually looks quite nice for these forums. If the decision to add an image in the background is passed I'd just want to say please make sure it's compatible with monitors that are higher resolution than 1080p! Far too often I see websites that make these awesome backgrounds, but forget that 1080p isn't the only resolution and they abruptly end.

As for my own suggestions - a page to see all the available badges, and the ability to choose which three badges show under your avatar would be awesome!

(I've perused my way through around 60 of the different badges to get an idea of what goals there are, but it was by no means a streamlined task)
    LittleLucidiaKerqxon
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Another suggestion, for the "LATEST DEVELOPER POSTS" the link should actually go to the comment instead of some next random place in the thread. It's rather confusing. o_e

Like going to Profile -> Comments -> and viewing a comment actually goes to the post you want to see.
    chaoscauser
  • LittleLucidiaLittleLucidia
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2016
    The plain background looks really nice with these forums. The new forums are looking amazing, huge improvement over the old forums.

If I had to suggest something, perhaps a bigger icon for editing your profile? I couldn't find where to edit my avatar for the longest time. (yes, i am quite blind)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

wouldn't mind a section dedicated to videos, so fan art could be all just pictures art and what not.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

wouldn't mind a section dedicated to videos, so fan art could be all just pictures art and what not.
    @bumbertyr - Aaaand done. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/categories/maple-media-center
    Lilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Yonax
    Yonax said:

@bumbertyr - Aaaand done. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/categories/maple-media-center
    @KThxBaiNao
    awesome ty

would you mind moving my vid series topic please? it's in the fan creation sections
  • DuzzDuzz
    Reactions: 1,360
    edited September 2016
    These new forums are pretty sweet looking. One of the main reasons I wouldn't visit the old forums was just how bland it looked.
    tangoran