[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Having fun with Spirit Savior?

SlayerJSlayerJ
Reactions: 1,090
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Tried out spirit savior, with my main, a kanna. The map makes our teleport unusable most of the time, and the option to randomly teleport somewhere on the map isn't available, and if the platform is too far above us it won't let us teleport to it (when usually it would) Can't even get 1 coin. Going to cry.

Comments

• CriscoTrollCriscoTroll
    Reactions: 2,745
    edited December 2017
    Yeah. This was a huge issue in KMS too because some classes would have an inherent advantage over others in SS because of mobility differences.
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2017
    I've gotten, at most, 6k with my Kanna. Yes it's aids and very difficult, but I don't see 10k points as impossible (reliably, maybe). You need to use rope lift, shikigami charm and ether pulse appropriately. With more practice and understanding of the toxic spirit, you'll be able to do it however RNG and server stability are key factors. I do admit however that the design of the map is very bad, with the random ropes everywhere which impede players rather than help along with those weirdly placed platform surfaces.
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2017
    I've been able to reach 6.1k but it is still very hard for kannas to do SS
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Good luck if you can only attack horizontally and have low mobility options too.

There's also some kind of bugginess to it where it won't respond when you press the npc key right next to the spirits.
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited February 2018
    I managed to 10.5k eventually but getting more is pretty much impossible, don't think it is possible to even get 20k like the other classes
  • 9gag9gag
    Reactions: 270
    edited February 2018
    Uhh I saw YouTube videos the other day while looking for Shade V Matrix stuff seeing people get 20k ... I'm lucky if I can get 5,000 in that time frame...
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited February 2018
    Max I've gotten is like 2-3k. Would have gotten 5 or so but I got caught in a bad place with nowhere to teleport to. Just a miserable map. I would rather they go back to VJ and Hmuto type of dailies, it helps all players.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited February 2018
    After practicing I can manage 6000 points a round as Kanna. 7000 if extremely lucky, but anything more is impossible. I still get some really bad rounds where I end up with 1000 though. x_x
    Between the stone spirit not following you after releasing it, the jump down not working sometimes, and kanna's laggy teleport, it can be pretty lame.
    Argent
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited May 2018
    I managed to 10.5k eventually but getting more is pretty much impossible, don't think it is possible to even get 20k like the other classes
    I do agree Kanna is one of the jobs that has difficulty to score high in Spirit Savior, one of the jobs that require more time to learn this daily compared to other jobs that have it more easier. However when I finally reached Level 225 on my Kanna, I started to do my daily Spirit Savior runs. I scored low (mainly 3-4k and sometimes 5-6k with Boost Node level around 12) but not because I couldn't do it or because of the job. My range (around 1,8m-2m) and boost nodes were too low to be able to do a 'proper' run. As I killed the traps too slow to free the trapped Spirits before the Chaser would catch me. So literally I couldn't even rescue a 2nd one before the Chaser would catch me. In order to score that amount I mentioned, I had to walk around the map and lower their HP first and then get back to them to finish off the last bit of their HP, this is how I get my 3-4k score and sometimes 5-6k only if the placement was good). I know other Kannas I have spoken to with higher range and unable to even score more than me.

I have been doing runs with that range since January~March 2018, untill I decided to upgrade my gears and boost nodes on Kanna. So when I got some new gears (and boost node Lv3x) my daily score improved, so instead of 3-4k I would get 5-7,5k more often.

And in May I was able to cap on coins if I don't mess it up. My highest score is 12,500 done it with a buffed range of around 4,3mil. I don't 1hko the trapped mobs but at least it is a lot quicker than before.
    Someone with a clean range of 4,5mil (so buffed would be probably like 6mil?) was able to score 15k in Spirit Savior. (A range a lot lower than yours)

DountlessAhri, the last time (January? or maybe February) I know your Kanna has a high range. You are one of the highly funded Kannas that is still active, so compared to my Kanna you had many months of advantage with your range to practice Spirit Savior. And I had to get up my range to be able to even do something. My Arcana Symbol's level already surpassed Lachelein's Symbol because that daily (Dream Defender) requires funds only rather than 'skills', while Spirit Savior requires us to fund enough to deal enough damage and our skills. So in other words for Spirit Savior we would need less fundings compared to Dream Defender to achieve a higher result.

I do agree with you 20,000 points in Spirit Savior will be impossible on a Kanna if nothing get changed.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited May 2018
    I can get to 7.5k-10k per run on my Kanna. If you have Decent Speed Infusion it helps :v
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited May 2018

This person seems to follow a pretty good path as Kanna.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited May 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

Thanks for the link to the video. I will try some things he did that I didn't try because I don't have the time to try out things because of my range. I have barely space in between each mob and chaser.

That Kanna from the video is strong because he can break the trap and free the mob very quickly which I can't do yet.

This is the other video from a Kanna getting 15,000 with a lower range. My kanna is weaker, so you can imagine I have to spend a longer time at each mob while the chaser upgrades in size and speed.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited May 2018
    Anything wrote: »
    bumbertyr wrote: »

Thanks for the link to the video. I will try some things he did that I didn't try because I don't have the time to try out things because of my range. I have barely space in between each mob and chaser.

That Kanna from the video is strong because he can break the trap and free the mob very quickly which I can't do yet.

This is the other video from a Kanna getting 15,000 with a lower range. My kanna is weaker, so you can imagine I have to spend a longer time at each mob while the chaser upgrades in size and speed.

Yah, if you're unable to 1 shot the Spirits it's pretty difficult :/.
    Best of luck
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited May 2018
    It would be better if both jumping down and teleporting down from the mid-center platform worked consistently. I can't count the number of times that one or both has failed during a run. With a level 5 corrupted spirit out that is absolutely fatal.

I'm still bad at SS, but I don't see it being fun no matter what. The whole thing seems to be designed with only thieves in mind.
  • RasklerRaskler
    Reactions: 420
    edited May 2018
    The worst part of my day...
    Argent