[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A Boat-Load of Questions Regarding Solo Gameplay..

MrJuggal0MrJuggal0
Reactions: 1,200
edited May 2018 in General Chat
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask a couple questions in hopes that I can get answers for them: *Assume I am playing on Reboot, and not official servers. :)

- Is it true that with the Showa Town revamp, that the Yakuza "Top Dog" Boss in the Hideout drops Terminus weapons? If so, that would be awesome so I can go farm it, seeing as I won't likely get Fafnir/CRA drops unless I beg for a carry. (note: this is the guy in the "Nightmarish Last Days.")

- If deciding to go the long way and building up your range to have a fighting chance at the CRA bosses to get Fafnir, how were people able to do it in the early days of Reboot? Did they cube pensalir, or Japanese armour to legendary and use that, or what?

- The same could be said for Gollux; should I cube pensalir/Japanese set to build up range for Hellux? Again, how did people in early Reboot days do it?

- While building up range, although Absolab shoulder is endgame, in Reboot, for now should I use a Krexel shoulder, Hayato's Treasure, a Meister shoulder, or an Empress Shoulder?

- For Superior equips, is it also a good idea to cube/star force Nova gear to build up range, kill Hard Magnus, then get Tyrants? (note: this is the second strongest of the three superior tiers from weakest to strongest: Elite Heliseum (Orange), Nova (Purple, Ornate), Tyrant (White, Ornate)).

- 4 Gollux rings at one time, or 4 of the uber rings in your inventory? (Uber rings would be the upcoming chaos ring, Reboot Ring, Complete Sylph Ring, Master SS Ring, etc. (basically the super event only powerful rings with jacked stats, no star force, and potential)). Also assuming I don't have any of the uber rings, what combination of rings should I try for in Reboot?

- If I was unfortunate enough to not get "Holy Pink Beanity!", the BiS title, what is the second best title I can get? This is assuming there is a good NON-EVENT, permanent stats title available; I saw the Root Abyss Master title (the one you get for killing Chaos Root Abyss bosses), but I always thought it was temporary stats and the best was Silent Crusade's Superior Hunter.

- If I was unfortunate enough to blow up my Ghost Exorcist Badge, what should I settle with instead?

- Which emblem is better. The class default emblem, or the Maple Leaf High [?] Emblem?

- Are the Afterlands totems a good option for totems until you can get something like the Dark Halloween, or the Sengoku totems? If not, what else is good? Like, is the nine-tailed fox totem good? Is the Alishan totem good? etc.

- If I do end up getting to that point in the endgame, with the introduction of new boss accessories and other trinkets (Lotus' face accessory and android heart; Damien's eye bandage and force shield; and Lucid's Belt (also Papulatus' accessories, and I guess we'll throw in Black Bean and Chaos Pink Bean marks)). Are any of the aforementioned accessories better than or worse than the Sweetwater Accessories? Should I consider them for endgame, or stick with Sweetwater?

- Since the Rifle Bullet is BiS Pocket Item, is there a chance it'll come back? If not, what is a better alternative Pocket Item for Endgame?

- In regards to making a quick buck, what is a good place to farm mesos? Since the rate of meso gathering via bossing was nerfed and Mysterious Path 3 is Kanna's Paradise, where else is good?

- Specifically on the levelling span from level 160-200, where is the best place to train for those levels to 200? I find it to be the more difficult portion to 200 than anything; tbh, lvl 1-150 is a cakewalk, just saying.

~ The vast majority of these questions are asked because I don't play as much as I used to, and I'm in no mood or position to join a guild and rack up an immense amount of contribution just to meet a minimum threshold to request carries. I've also wanted to know for the longest time how people in Reboot could kill CRA initially before carries became so widespread, as although I played when Reboot first released, I wasn't there for the majority of its inaugural period; time passes, now everyone has CRA/Tyrant just like in the official servers. I have no shame in taking the long road to success in this case because it'll feel more satisfying in my opinion; however, if I need more than one person because my range after cubing all my pensalir, etc. can't mathematically kill the bosses for their end-game gear, then oh well at least I tried.

Tl;Dr: Where I'm from, we don't need stinkin' Tl;Drs. At best find maybe one question among the list and just answer that one. Ideally, I hope to get all of them answered because they've been burning questions I've had for years since I've played this game.

Thank you all! :)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    • Yes, The Boss can drop Terminus weapons at a low rate. This was confirmed by Nexon.
    • Cubed Pensalir or Empress equips to take on CRA and Gollux, I believe. Additionally, they worked in parties and guilds. I don't know if going solo would be possible, but it would be incredibly time consuming; you'd be better off finding friends to go with you.
    • Any works, I believe Krexel or Meister are considered the better options.
    • You can try; I doubt it would hurt matters, but I don't know if there's a more ideal option.
    • The Sylph and Master SS rings are considered better than the weaker (cracked, solid) Gollux rings, to my knowledge.
    • The Root Abyss Master title is not temporary. Otherwise, I believe Silent Crusade is the best. You shouldn't care too much about the title; the impact is very small.
    • The Crystal Ventus badge should be worth settling for, until the Sengoku High event rolls around and you can get the Sengoku Hakase badge.
    • The Maple Leaf High emblem is better than the class default, but only by about +2 all stats and +(something) ATT/M.ATT, which means that the impact is very small.
    • Afterlands totems are fine. Yu Garden totems are considered "better", but not better than any event totems. Like the title, you shouldn't focus too much on these.
    • I do not know. I believe as a set they work better, but I can't confirm that. Additionally, you should wait and see how flames balance things out on June 20th
    • Pink Bean's Holy Cup should work as a pocket item. I do not know the availability of Rifle Bullet.
    • I couldn't tell you. In KMS Reboot, the preferred method is to farm Twisted Times and Pieces of Time, then sell those.
    • Omega Sector, Future Ereve, and Road to Oblivion work for around level 160. There's also Twilight Perion, Scrapyard, and Dark World Tree at higher levels. You should complete bosses like Horntail and Pink Bean, with a 2x coupon (available from the Rainbow Day event or from the Legion shop).
    • As stated, finding a party would be ideal. You can ask others to help you, but going solo will be time consuming and difficult.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    To add on to some of Neospector's answers.

Since, I am a solo progression player in Reboot, I can help with some of your questions.

- Terminus has a very low chance to drop. However, nexon has recently made the bodyguards/boss reset at server time instead of 24 hours which is a good thing.

- Yes, when Reboot first came out, people used pensalir gear and filled up every slot they can in their equipment to prepare for CRA in a party. However, soloing CRA is very possible with pensalir/**** armor but it will take some time. However, even though you have the range for CRA, you must also take factor of each bosses mechanics to survive.

- Same as question above, cube everything you can, and to make things faster, join a good party.

- Hayato Shoulder has pretty good base stats, although it is not as good as the meister, however, meister shoulder takes a lot of materials to craft. Krexel shoulder imo is a waste of money to cube/starforce since the base stats are poor and the 1% extra potential stat doesn't make up for what hayato shoulder and the meister shoulder has. Getting the Sengoku set is pretty good early game because of the 3 set effect.

- If you have the money and won't be getting tyrants for a while, you can cube and starforce nova although it could be a waste since you'll eventually replace it.

- Master SS and Synergy Ring are BiS currently in Reboot because of the high base stats. Cracked and Solid Gollux are garbage because Reboot has no scrolling, reinforced is ok if you don't have superior, but you'll eventually replace reinforce ring with another event ring. Superior gollux ring adds on to the 4 set effect making it very good ring for bossing. Cosmos and Vengeful rings are also pretty good to have and better than reinforced rings, however they may be replaced with the new Chaos Ring that is upcoming in the Summer Patch for GMS.
    However, if you don't have any of the event rings, you can use reinforced and superior gollux ring, kanna ring, and silver blossum ring as your 4 rings till you can get the better event rings.

- You have till June 19th to get the Pink Holy Beanity title, which is enough time if you do the login diary ones and 12 warriors. Alternates can be Superior Hunter which is poor stat increase, or you can do Heroes of Maple and get a title, "Once Called a Hero" which is higher base stats than the Superior Hunter. Otherwise, other titles, you have to wait for are Madhouse title which is better than the two I mentioned but worse than Root Abyss or Pink Bean title, or the sengoku high title which is better than madhouse slightly but still worse than Root Abyss or Pink Bean title.

- As above, you will have to use the Crystal Badge you get from Magnus although you cannot starforce or cube it making it bad, so don't risk booming your ghostship. There is a event for Sengoku High that gives you the level 160 badge which is BiS whenever the event comes back.

-Maple Leaf High Honor Roll Emblem is best because higher base stats but if you already cubed your level 100 class emblem, I wouldn't worry too much about it in stat differences.

-Yu Garden titles give better stats but hard to farm, and are sadly time limited to 1 month, so if you don't like farming them every month, you can use the afterlands as they are permanent but the events like Madhouse or Dark totems are better stat boost when those return.

- The Damien accessories are better than Sweetwater at end game but since that is a long way, you would stick with sweetwater. Lucid Belt is not that good because we have tyrants but with flames and possibly 25* coming, that may change.

- More likely will not return. Weakest pocket is the Hilla one, followed by Pink Bean which is best non-event item till the Sengoku High one returns which is a level 200 pocket which could potentially be BiS in reboot with flames coming. Alternate weaker version is the Red Leaf High pocket items which don't give all stats but a single stat and same attack as Sengoku High.

- It depends on your time, options being that you can run Zakum on multiple mules to get decent mesos, farm on your main and boss daily. There is also Ursus 2x Meso at a certain time which yields quite a lot daily. Pieces of Time farming is good if you can kill the mobs quite and have decent %drop as they sell for 500k mesos. Another option is you can go to Goblin House, farm pensalir gear till your inventory is full, go to ardentmill and extract and sell the philostones worth 300k each.

-Do Zakum and Horntail daily with your Rune and EXP buffs and you'll gain few levels off of there. For training areas, it depends if you can kill fast, at 160, you would stay at kerning tower for few levels, then move on to Omega Sector or Knights Stronghold till you can kill Stumps or Fes2 decently at 185+

- As mentioned above, if you feel that soloing bosses is not easy for you, you can join a party or guild, they will be happy to help you.

Good luck and hope some of this information helped you on your Reboot journey. :)
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2018
    Oof...i was coming back to the game to play my BaM on reboot but now im not so sure i forgot about the grind for yo life in reboot XD plus all those Marhvel (lel) prizes i have would go to waste...but this is great info gona pass it on to my lil brother&sisters.