[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding expired Mega Burninators...

TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
Reactions: 1,290
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Hello!

I just read this in the website:

"Compensation for expired Mega Character Burninators will be handled separately."

Does this mean that, if my item expired because I stored it and didn't used it waiting for it to be fixed, I'll get a compensation (whatever that may be) eventually? Only this will not happen in this maintenance, particularly? Or am I reading this wrong and is my interpretation just wishful thinking?

Thank you for your input~

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Yes. You'll be compensated for it, eventually, but not with this maintenance.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Will the burning be extended or does this compensation imply otherwise?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    The burning should be restored.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • PoofNoodlePoofNoodle
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2018
    It's a shame that i wasn't going to wait for this fix and got the character i used it on to level 156 already. (Kaiser is fun btw) I return to this game excited to use the burninator and now it has gone to waste. I may have earned an extra 4 or 6 levels using the burninator (Leveled up two or three times with it) and proceeded to logout not knowing it was wasted. No chance they'll be reimbursing people like me who didn't plan on not playing until they fixed this.

Give me back my burninator to reclaim please. >:(
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2018
    PoofNoodle wrote: »
    It's a shame that i wasn't going to wait for this fix and got the character i used it on to level 156 already. (Kaiser is fun btw) I return to this game excited to use the burninator and now it has gone to waste. I may have earned an extra 4 or 6 levels using the burninator (Leveled up two or three times with it) and proceeded to logout not knowing it was wasted. No chance they'll be reimbursing people like me who didn't plan on not playing until they fixed this.

Your not making much sense it seems you got the full effect out of the burn the effect only takes you to 150 (153 to be exact)...soo... you dont get diddly!
  • PoofNoodlePoofNoodle
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2018
    Krimlock wrote: »
    PoofNoodle wrote: »

Your not making much sense it seems you got the full effect out of the burn the effect only takes you to 150 (153 to be exact)...soo... you dont get diddly!

The character i used the Mega Burninator on was around level 60 when i used it (Completing the Mushroom Theme Dungeon for sure), and i think i leveled up twice, maybe three times when using it until i crashed. So let's say approximately i was level 66 or 69 after it bugged for me. I was not waiting for the fix, and i was having great fun playing Kaiser. In the time it took them to fix it, i went from 69-156 without the burning effect. Since they didn't just remove the burning effect and reinstate the item, I'm sure a large chunk of players including myself were ripped of our highly sought after reward. So no, i did not get anywhere near the full effect, but i still don't get diddly.
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Yes. You'll be compensated for it, eventually, but not with this maintenance.
    AKradian wrote: »
    The burning should be restored.

This is amazing! I was so vexed when I saw my stored burninator had already expired! Thank you for your reply. :D
  • SquallStrife89SquallStrife89
    Reactions: 100
    OK so just to be clear, i had accepted the mega burninator gift box with a character but decided to wait to use the item until the problem was fixed. however it expired... i will be compensated you say?
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018
    OK so just to be clear, i had accepted the mega burninator gift box with a character but decided to wait to use the item until the problem was fixed. however it expired... i will be compensated you say?

Apparently, that's what's going to happen. :O I did the same thing as you. :P