[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Games Broken

YoungRalphYoungRalph
Reactions: 920
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Dark knights Final Pact and/or the end of a Gollux fight is broken.
If you get killed and activate final pact because of that stupid wave golluxs head send out as you attack it then you get left with one of 2 situations. 1 is you make it through that abnormally long pause after the fight is over where the yak girl shows up (huge waste of time) then you get to die in the room with the gollux heart and respawn there allowing you to collect your winnings( also a waste of time, whats wrong with regular drops after a boss run?) OR you get the second issue which is a combination of Final Pact being broken and the end of the Gollux boss run. Your 30 seconds will run out while you sit in front of the Yak girl and then you will be disconnected, making the entire run a waste of time.

The latter has happened to me plenty of times and costed me countless gollux coins (the green ones) and its absolutely frustrating. A change would be nice, Idk may the option to turn final pact on or off or maybe fixing that long dumb pause at the end of a gollux run that makes absolutely no sense. It'd be nice to not think the game has frozen or watch my character die in front of the dead gollux and yak girl. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• YoungRalphYoungRalph
    edited June 2018
    Until something has changed, Ive decided to just reset my SP and not put any points into final pact as I dont have this issue with any other character.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    I don't see this getting fix unless there is a coded way to remove final pact buff without it killing you.

If you are in final pact mode, just let it kill you if you cannot revive before killing Gollux.
    All of Gollux instant kill is avoidable, so don't die.

Eye Phase
    Gollux will ALWAYS start with the Reverse Control Timebomb status debuff, so get out of range when the this phase begin or deal with the consequences
    If you die, wait for the best time to revive, when Reverse Control Timebomb and Electric charged Explosion is on cooldown, and after a Golem collide with Gollux head.
    --Explosion: deal 30% of your hp as damage
    --Reverse Control Timebomb status (15 seconds cooldown): reverses your control and you will explode after 5 seconds dealing 99% of your hp as damage and be stunned, the debuff range can only reach up to before the yellow teleport portal.
    If you are affected by this, the only way to remove it to exit the map by the portal, you cannot use hero will to remove this status effect. If you lost the ability to exit the map, get out of range of the explosion attacks and use a potion to get your hp to 100% before you explode and hope he doesn't squish you with his hands when you are stunned.
    --Electric charged explosion (15 second cooldown): instant kill if you are standing on the bottom platform. You can dodge this if you jump high enough. The animation is when Gollux gather electricity around his eyes and then explodes
    --Middle platform hand crush: Instant kill, hands start appearing on screen as soon as his eye flashes. The safe spot is the edge of the platform on both side of his hands. If Gollux eye flashes but no hands appeared, Gollux used his Reverse Control Timebomb
    You can duck to avoid this attack
    --Mass mini explosion: Electricity will appear around Gollux face and then his eye glows purple. Gollux has some invincibility frame during this. AOE effect marker will only appear on the bottom platform which will then explode for 50% damage causing the screen to shake alot.
  • YoungRalphYoungRalph
    edited June 2018
    The thing is the kill shot from Gollux is random. It doesnt happen every time, but if it does and you happen to still kill Gollux, then your in for possible disconnect assuming you dont make it out of the yak girl convo. By the way this is partially defeated gollux, 1 arm, waist and head.

Again what ive described doesnt happen always but I have lost quite a few runs to it. Clearly a workable issue as many things can be done to fix it. Extend final pacts count down for 1. Shorten the screen at the end of the gollux run and have us enter the heart chamber immediately. Make final pact a toggle-able skill that way i can just turn it off here as it is useful elsewhere. Just a few suggestions that sure will have to be coded but hey why run an online experience that you cant fix or make better? Someone at Nexon will have to spend some time on this, seriously.
  • YoungRalphYoungRalph
    edited June 2018
    Also if you enter final pact and die while standing in front of the head you dont get to choose to revive at all, as stated in the original post. You just disconnect....

Anyone seeking to repeat this (what I will call a Glitch) can just use a DK fight any gollux but let him start your final pact(kill you) right before you kill him. Final pacts hour glass will be spinning above you as normal, but if you dont make it out of the yak girls dialouge and into the heart chamber, you will disconnect and not be able to collect your gollux coins. Just seems like something the player shouldnt have to try to avoid, but should be completely avoidable anyway.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    It sound like you are getting killed when 5 golems reaches the center of the map since there is no way for a dark knight to die from the gem phase explosion (regular damage), you need to spend some time killing the golems so that you don't die.
  • YoungRalphYoungRalph
    edited June 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    It sound like you are getting killed when 5 golems reaches the center of the map since there is no way for a dark knight to die from the gem phase explosion (regular damage), you need to spend some time killing the golems so that you don't die.

Huh? You mean the floaty guys? all of that is over with Im diying like I said from final pact after being killed by the thing in the middle of golluxs head. Maybe you should read the whole thing?