[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rigging Flames

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
First of all, I am upset that Nebulites on unflammable items are being erased for only a few compensation flames and Nebulite results than cannot be replicated as Bonus Stats are given a crappy counterpart (especially for Demon Avengers losing a lot of HP% on their armors and accessories.) The armors and flammable pendants are given reasonable Bonus Stats, but the 4% Stat offered at tier 4 does not cover the lost Nebulites on rings, badges, emblems and unflammables. The only "true" way to cover the loss stats is roll something very high on armors and flammable accessories such as a tier 5, 6 or 7 All Stat% with an accompanying high tier of raw main stat. The problem with this system is that you go from worst tier to best tier and the other way around and it is not like Potential where a Unique cannot go to Epic and can offer you other Uniques or bump you go to Legendary.

I am sure sure people want to roll 7s or 6s on all stat% to replace their lost stats, but the chances of that is very hard and they can go from having 5% all stat to JUMP on their gear. I was thinking when June 20 comes, there can be an event where flames are rigged to give us higher chances of obtaining tiers 6 and 7 and at the same time giving other high tier options such as the attack on weapons and raw stats on armors/accessories. It would be nice if the results obtained from Eternal Flames under these conditions have tiers 5,6 and 7 only while having 1-4 completely ignored. The results may random, but they are high.

I am hoping this Fever Time for flames will help those who lost irreplaceable Nebulite results or have Nebulites on non-flammable items to be covered better. I hope we can come up with better ideas that can better the system flames.

Argent
  1. What are your thoughts of Fever Time for flames?7 votes
    1. Helpful
       86% (6 votes)
    2. Not helpful
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for this idea. I have forwarded it.

(Input/Discussion from other players is still encouraged)
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I just wish someone would compensate us better for the nebs that were equipped. We should have a discussion on the discrepancies between worn and unworn nebs. People are buying all the [A] Nebs they can in Auction House right now because they still don't feel like they can recover from all of their losses.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    Nexon could also introduce either another flame type or consumable that would prep the gear so that the next flame won't result in the rolls being of a lower tier.

I'd definitely like a DMT/ Fever time event for flames, but if one is introduced, I'd like to see it a bit more often than the current DMT and never at the same time.
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited June 2018
    This event would be great in normal servers since flames should be limited on the release day, but in reboot this might not be a great idea. Since reboot is supposed to be able to buy flames, this would probably encourage us to go all out and potentially perfect everything we can on the first day. This would also encourage us to perfect our current items which may or may not be Best in Slot items, due to the possibility of 25* in the future. This second concern isn't as important but reboot players would have an enormous advantage and might end up wasting a lot of mesos on impulse.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2018
    ThatBaldy wrote: »
    This event would be great in normal servers since flames should be limited on the release day, but in reboot this might not be a great idea. Since reboot is supposed to be able to buy flames, this would probably encourage us to go all out and potentially perfect everything we can on the first day. This would also encourage us to perfect our current items which may or may not be Best in Slot items, due to the possibility of 25* in the future. This second concern isn't as important but reboot players would have an enormous advantage and might end up wasting a lot of mesos on impulse.

I think the general idea is that the event would be reoccurring similar to DMT but the first instance of toasty time would coincide with the launch of the Ark event on the 20th. As for people spending flames on gear that might not be BIS once 25* is out? Well, Nexon has already made it clear that they are considering it. It will be up to the players to decide if they want to use flames on gear that might go out of favor.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    ThatBaldy wrote: »

I think the general idea is that the event would be reoccurring similar to DMT but the first instance of toasty time would coincide with the launch of the Ark event on the 20th. As for people spending flames on gear that might not be BIS once 25* is out? Well, Nexon has already made it clear that they are considering it. It will be up to the players to decide if they want to use flames on gear that might go out of favor.

The only things I have I know are BiS are my CRA top and bottom and Gollux. My other pieces are gear aren't BiS, but I plan on flaming them with any leftovers after my weapon and BiS pieces. Any crappy flames obtain from Ds and Cs can be used on Condensed Power Crystals and Aqua Eye Accessories or any pieces of armor you are using to train characters (HINT: Flames will help with Ark preparations.)
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2018
    Don't forget that you can get flat stats too, not just % all stats bonus stat. If you manage to obtain 6-7% all stat plus a decent rank of your main stat, it's pretty good especially if it gets affected by potential. So, I guess for armors it's nice, but i'm still mad to lose a nice amount of %boss from nebs to get these bonus stats replacement. Then I have to use decent SE node because I am using dSE neb right now.

If we don't get 25stars, then I don't see reason why we remove nebulites.