[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

i doubt it, but 5th job confirmed next month????

Kage1996Kage1996
Reactions: 500
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in General Chat
anyone else noticed in the event book in game at the vary bottom the event called "the coin exchange" shows the V coin. the exact same coin from kms's 5th job coins. and the date is 11/16/2016. does that mean we are getting 5th job next month?

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    it's possible that we will get the first patch of the V update or at the very least the Pre-V update with some other changes from future updates mixed in before the 5th job patch
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    5th job will very likely be our winter update. Stays in line with the ~6 month delay between KMS and us. Would also stay to the schedule of having major updates in summer and winter.
    NiightseekerJettLuvsU
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    And also explain why we got such huge change with Kaiser and Luminious...
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    WillScarlet

And also explain why we got such huge change with Kaiser and Luminious...
    the changes for Lumi, Kaiser and AB were for the upcoming 5th job patch.

both the skill and supporting cores are balanced for these versions of these classes.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I believe we will get our version of the Hi 5 patch that day, which was preparation for 5th job (mostly events)
    Lilyflower
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    well i cant wait for 5th job i wanna show off my kaiser and be number one in gms ;D

• YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016

i dunno why people call that 5th job when its not
    in a nutshell its just upgrades to the 4th job skills and IF youre lucky you get 1 up to 5 actual new skills that are similar to hyperskills
    and that its not the worst of it what actually leaves me deep in thought its the fact of the damage cap change
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

in a nutshell its just upgrades to the 4th job skills and IF youre lucky you get 1 up to 5 actual new skills that are similar to hyperskills
    and that its not the worst of it what actually leaves me deep in thought its the fact of the damage cap change
    Well because that is what KMS calls it that's why.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

Job advances in Maplestory represent a growth in the power of your character's skills. The new 5th job skills are much, much stronger than any skill classes had previously had, which indicates its fitting to be called a job advancement. Also, KMS specifically designed this system to allow for horizontal growth, and have stated that they intend to add more 5th job skills to all classes over time. They already laid the groundwork for a 5th job that could be absolutely badass in 1-2 years, we just have to hope they don't abandon this content like they do to so much else
    Its2Sharp4U
  • BlazeDashBlazeDash
    Reactions: 765
    edited October 2016
    I can see December or January patch giving us V-Job (i love spell it like this, 5th Job with "V" sounds cooler), the people on this post sound surprised about this, but isn't early, Korea had this content months ago, it was expected this soon on GMS, i hope we get the merge with EMS before the V-update.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited October 2016
    Job advances in Maplestory represent a growth in the power of your character's skills.
    no a job advancement doesnt represent anything period
    what every job advancement does is increase every aspect of the character not just skills

The new 5th job skills are much, much stronger than any skill classes had previously had, which indicates its fitting to be called a job advancement.
    thats also an opinion i dont agree with since anyone can make up a skill and slap a nice 1billon damage line and spammable to make it better than any previous skills yet it doesn´t automatically means its 5th job, if for example classes THAT already had that skill in the first place but got removed and now its comming back as "new skill" and not even fully animated id rather call it a joke skill upgrade than 5th job
    Also, KMS specifically designed this system to allow for horizontal growth
    kms can say whatever they want now but actions will tell for sure
    ,and have stated that they intend to add more 5th job skills to all classes over time.
    id rather wait for they actions instead of playing defence in favor of any dev
    They already laid the groundwork for a 5th job that could be absolutely badass in 1-2 years
    show me proof of that soo called 5th job youre talking about not this 4th skill upgrade system thingy
    we just have to hope they don't abandon this content like they do to so much else

i dunno if you are joking but am still waiting for omega sector return and theres a LOT of maps out of gms this is not even funny anymore

• BlazeDashBlazeDash
    Reactions: 765
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

Job advances in Maplestory represent a growth in the power of your character's skills.
    what every job advancement does is increase every aspect of the character not just skills

The new 5th job skills are much, much stronger than any skill classes had previously had, which indicates its fitting to be called a job advancement.
    thats also an opinion i dont agree with since anyone can make up a skill and slap a nice 1billon damage line and spammable to make it better than any previous skills yet it doesn´t automatically means its 5th job, if for example classes THAT already had that skill in the first place but got removed and now its comming back as "new skill" and not even fully animated id rather call it a joke skill upgrade than 5th job
    ,and have stated that they intend to add more 5th job skills to all classes over time.
    They already laid the groundwork for a 5th job that could be absolutely badass in 1-2 years
    show me proof of that soo called 5th job youre talking about not this 4th skill upgrade system thingy
    we just have to hope they don't abandon this content like they do to so much else

i dunno if you are joking but am still waiting for omega sector return and theres a LOT of maps out of gms this is not even funny anymore

I know you didn't experiencie the patch so you have your own thoughts and is fine, but you can't deny what is he telling either.

You believe this are Hyper skills/Hyper stats all over again, it's not, i played on KMS (thanks to a friend), with the 24hrs wait the quest line, the story and the different feeling with your character it is a 5th Job, isn't conventional but 4th Job with multi-kill spam skills felt the same on his day.
    gamechanger
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    BlazeDash
    BlazeDash said:

I can see December or January patch giving us V-Job (i love spell it like this, 5th Job with "V" sounds cooler), the people on this post sound surprised about this, but isn't early, Korea had this content months ago, it was expected this soon on GMS, i hope we get the merge with EMS before the V-update.
    I'd say December seems about right, I expect us to get the Pre-V stuff in November. we were told that 5th job would be happening this Winter in 2016, and also it EMS wants to get migrated Before the V update, it sounds like they plan to get that done in November so December sounds like a solid date for V.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited October 2016
    I know you didn't experiencie the patch so you have your own thoughts and is fine, but you can't deny what is he telling either.
    you have no idea

You believe this are Hyper skills/Hyper stats all over again, it's not, i played on KMS (thanks to a friend), with the 24hrs wait the quest line, the story and the different feeling with your character it is a 5th Job, isn't conventional but 4th Job with multi-kill spam skills felt the same on his day.

it depends of what class you play and the one i main its not really a big change whatsoever i still miss the skills things i could do before big bang and even more before the red update
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    BlazeDash
    BlazeDash said:

Honestly we might get the merge at the same time as the V update.
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

First of, why do you insist on coloring every single letter you type on these forums? I don't understand.

Second. What you said doesn't make any sense, you aren't refuting anything I listed you are just arguing with it because you have a grudge against Nexon. I won't enable you to keep doing that, so I won't be replying to your "arguments" on the matter
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

First of, why do you insist on coloring every single letter you type on these forums? I don't understand.

Second. What you said doesn't make any sense, you aren't refuting anything I listed you are just arguing with it because you have a grudge against Nexon. I won't enable you to keep doing that, so I won't be replying to your "arguments" on the matter
    That person does that, for whatever reason, instead of just quoting a post.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Even in her posts where she isn't "quoting" anyone though she still colors her text. Its every single post
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Even in her posts where she isn't "quoting" anyone though she still colors her text. Its every single post
    it's to stand out.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Probably to answer every sentences, but yeah quoting and colored letters in quotes would be better.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Nothing confirmed for GMS, but this picture popped up on the subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/58ts08/guess_what_has_started_d/

It seems to have been leaked from SEA's Facebook, though I don't have an exact source.
    IvangoldAznboiE