[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mega Burning Event

KingKrowKingKrow
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
It says in the update that this event will be running, is that after the patch? Or On June 28th

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited June 2018
    Literally says 20th after the maintenance...
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    Do any of you know if you can burn one character per account or one character per world? :O I read the details of the event, but I don't seem to find anything regarding that. ^^U
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    I believe it's one per world
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018
    Ohh, nice! :D Thank you~ ^^
  • MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2018
    So does it mean when you make a burning char on 1 world, can you make another with the burninator on same world? because it does show in the events update a pic of both the burning char and burninator char on same world. How do you get the burninator? Does not explain how to get the Burninator
    edited June 2018
    you can make a burning character in every world but only one in that world, with the event, but you can also have one from the burninator consumable as well
  • MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2018
    Anyone know if I can burn a character which is not new? Like, a character I made long before the event, and he is around level 90. Or you can ONLY burn new ones?
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Burninator is either, but regular and mega are only new characters usually. (Sometimes there are exceptions, but usually no).
    edited June 2018
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Burninator is either, but regular and mega are only new characters usually. (Sometimes there are exceptions, but usually no).
    Aha, so how'd I use burninator on a existing character?
    edited June 2018
    for burninator you just get the potion from the gift box or transfer it, mega burning is only new characters
  • MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2018
    you can make a burning character in every world but only one in that world, with the event, but you can also have one from the burninator consumable as well

Burninator consumable, I didnt see that anywhere. Was that supposed to be in one of the gift boxes, and if so which one? Or is the Burninator the one thats been going for the last whatever weeks?
    edited June 2018
    So let me understand this, I create a burning character, receive burninator from the gift he receives from notifier, and transfer the burninator to the existing character I want to burn, via a storage?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    So let me understand this, I create a burning character, receive burninator from the gift he receives from notifier, and transfer the burninator to the existing character I want to burn, via a storage?

No, only newly-created characters can be burned using the mega-burning event. To burn a new character, create the character, select the character on the character select screen, and then click the "burn" button beneath.

The Burninator event is a separate event. It was given out as a reward for the Ark micro-site share event. A second burninator was planned to be released as a Sunny Sunday prize, however it was removed due to initial complications with the first burninator item (the first burninator was extended, and the second burninator would have conflicted with the first).

You can tell the difference between the two events by the color flame produced:
    gfrhdfzsdaqwr.png
    The burninator makes your character glow purple, while the mega burning event makes them glow red. Both events produce the same effect of 2 additional levels for every 1 level gained.

I do not know if Nexon plans on releasing another burninator item. None are listed at this time. If they do have the event again, it will be listed.

You can read about the mega burning event here.
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

No, only newly-created characters can be burned using the mega-burning event. To burn a new character, create the character, select the character on the character select screen, and then click the "burn" button beneath.

The Burninator event is a separate event. It was given out as a reward for the Ark micro-site share event. A second burninator was planned to be released as a Sunny Sunday prize, however it was removed due to initial complications with the first burninator item (the first burninator was extended, and the second burninator would have conflicted with the first).

You can tell the difference between the two events by the color flame produced:
    gfrhdfzsdaqwr.png
    The burninator makes your character glow purple, while the mega burning event makes them glow red. Both events produce the same effect of 2 additional levels for every 1 level gained.

I do not know if Nexon plans on releasing another burninator item. None are listed at this time. If they do have the event again, it will be listed.

You can read about the mega burning event here.

Hang on mate, this doesn't make sense. I read on the event, that once you make a burning character you get a Burninator and can transfer it any character you want, new or old, and use it on it.

Then how do I get a burninator, then?

The event clearly states you get a burninator this time, and there wasn't any statement regarding any complications. I was eagerly waiting for this, and now I don't understand where to get a Burninator item.
    edited June 2018
    There is a clear, loud statement in the event page:

"Burn one character with the Mega Burning Event and another character with the Mega Character Burninator! "

It says you can burn another one with burninator, regardless of old or new character. Where exactly are we supposed to get Burninator from?
    edited June 2018
    burninator was like 2 weeks ago, then it had bugs, so they gave out compensation for it, burninator was from sharing the ark pages in the microsite, which is now over
    edited June 2018
    They said that so we could see that, even if we have a burning character from the Burninator item that was given some days ago, through the Ark micro-site event, we could participate anyways in the Mega Burning Character event that's going on now. There was a lot of doubts whether or not you could get the second burninator they were going to give on Sunday while the first one still was active, if we could participate in the Mega Burning Character Event that started now while having the other one still active and stuff like that, so I guess they wanted to make sure you COULD use both things. I don't think they meant you would be able to get another Burninator item.

So, here's like it is:

1. At the beginning of June, the reward for sharing the Ark micro-site first page was an item called Burninator that allowed you to use it on 1 existing character and make it burn from level 10 to 149.
    2. That Burninator's duration was extended due to issues with it. So, if you used it, the character still counts as "burning" until the end of June, more or less.
    3. They were planning on giving out a 2nd Burninator item last Sunday, as part of the Sunny Sunday prizes, but since the 1st Burninator is still active in the accounts that got it and used it, they decided to not give out that 2nd item for the time being, so it wouldn't conflict with the one that was already at work and it wouldn't expire either.
    4. Then this Ark Update came and, with it, came the Mega Burning Character event, which allows you to make one newly created character "burn". This only can be done from the character creation screen and doesn't apply to already existing characters. Also, it doesn't conflict with the already "burning character" that you may have in your account if you received and used the 1st Burninator item.

I don't think they have considered to give out the 2nd Burninator item yet and, instead, they made this other event, which allows you to burn a new character anyways. :)

DarkPassengerMarmilaidous
    edited June 2018
    They said that so we could see that, even if we have a burning character from the Burninator item that was given some days ago, through the Ark micro-site event, we could participate anyways in the Mega Burning Character event that's going on now. There was a lot of doubts whether or not you could get the second burninator they were going to give on Sunday while the first one still was active, if we could participate in the Mega Burning Character Event that started now while having the other one still active and stuff like that, so I guess they wanted to make sure you COULD use both things. I don't think they meant you would be able to get another Burninator item.

So, here's like it is:

1. At the beginning of June, the reward for sharing the Ark micro-site first page was an item called Burninator that allowed you to use it on 1 existing character and make it burn from level 10 to 149.
    2. That Burninator's duration was extended due to issues with it. So, if you used it, the character still counts as "burning" until the end of June, more or less.
    3. They were planning on giving out a 2nd Burninator item last Sunday, as part of the Sunny Sunday prizes, but since the 1st Burninator is still active in the accounts that got it and used it, they decided to not give out that 2nd item for the time being, so it wouldn't conflict with the one that was already at work and it wouldn't expire either.
    4. Then this Ark Update came and, with it, came the Mega Burning Character event, which allows you to make one newly created character "burn". This only can be done from the character creation screen and doesn't apply to already existing characters. Also, it doesn't conflict with the already "burning character" that you may have in your account if you received and used the 1st Burninator item.

I don't think they have considered to give out the 2nd Burninator item yet and, instead, they made this other event, which allows you to burn a new character anyways. :)
    I understand all that, and the purpose seems to be clear. But still, the description in the event page info is kinda misleading. It makes things appear as if you are supposed to receive a new Burninator somewhere, and be able to use it along with the Mega burning event.

I was hoping someone like Neospector, who is apparently a pseudo-spokesperson for Nexon, would be able to give a less vague explanation to this issue. Instead, I was given a response that makes no sense, and doesn't explain why the event page clearly states you can use a Burninator, without explaining where you can get one or which Burninator the reference is to.

Also, I haven't heard it anywhere officially announced on the website that the second Burninator was cancelled. Unless you've got a link to provide.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited June 2018

So, here's like it is:

I understand all that, and the purpose seems to be clear. But still, the description in the event page info is kinda misleading. It makes things appear as if you are supposed to receive a new Burninator somewhere, and be able to use it along with the Mega burning event.

I was hoping someone like Neospector, who is apparently a pseudo-spokesperson for Nexon, would be able to give a less vague explanation to this issue. Instead, I was given a response that makes no sense, and doesn't explain why the event page clearly states you can use a Burninator, without explaining where you can get one or which Burninator the reference is to.

Also, I haven't heard it anywhere officially announced on the website that the second Burninator was cancelled. Unless you've got a link to provide.

I was announced in the June 14th scheduled maintenance notes:
    wrote:
    The Mega Character Burninator perk has been removed from the Sunny Sunday event on June 17 to avoid overlapping with the upcoming Mega Burning events. We will be moving this Sunny Sunday event perk to a future Sunny Sunday event to space out the Mega Burning events. This will avoid issues where players are not able to use the Mega Character Burninator due to having too many active Mega Burning events.
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited June 2018

So, here's like it is:

I hope someone more official than me can clarify things. I may even be mistaken, I don't know. I just shared what I thought I knew and understood of this whole thing.

The link you want with the official information is this: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/31715/complete-update-scheduled-maintenance-june-14-2018

There's explained they will give compensations for people who lost the 1st Burninator because it was bugged and they let them expire, and that they wouldn't give a 2nd new Burninator for everyone on Sunny Sunday so it wouldn't conflict with the existing one. Hopefully, that'll help you see that that, at least, is not a theory but what they official published for all of us to see. ;)