[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't Flame Scarlet Shoulder

SkylySkyly
Reactions: 500
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
So based on SavageAce's guide to flames and bonus stats, I was under the impression that Scarlet shoulders could be flamed. However, this morning me and one of my guild mates were unable to flame either of ours. Is this intentional? I know that in KMS they can flame scarlet shoulders as well

Character: MrSkyly
Class: Hayato
World: Khaini
Level: 220
Date and Time: around 2pm EST, 6/21/18

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited June 2018
    Shoulders can't be flamed
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited June 2018
    DFDFD.. and scarlet shoulders are supposed to be an exception. Did you bother reading any of the notes?
    Skyly
  • RasklerRaskler
    Reactions: 420
    edited June 2018
    Definitely a bug, hopefully won't need 72 hrs maint to fix....
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2018
    Just taking the time to thank nexon for fixing this bug from kms where scarlet shoulders were flammable. If they are to become flammable in the future plz make all shoulders flammable cause that would be discriminatory to the other shoulders out there, if just scarlets could be flamed.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2018
    Then why Nexon NA would type it can be flamable then? If they really plan to make scarlet shoulder flamable, then I agree with you on this. Make all shoulders flamable.
    edited June 2018
    They did savageace made an unknowledgable guess on whether they may or may not be and as it turns out they are not flammable which is fantastic!
    edited June 2018
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Then why Nexon NA would type it can be flamable then? If they really plan to make scarlet shoulder flamable, then I agree with you on this. Make all shoulders flamable.

savage ace stated at 1st that scarlet shoulders may be flammable and later updated his post saying it was flammable. savager ace made the mistake but clearly we are not getting flammable scarlet shoulders and that is a very good thing, savage ace just wanted to create drama. Also i feel lucky items need a complete rework cause right now the only lucky item that has any use is the shoulder and it feels like we are being pigeon holed to must having scarlet shoulder for end game which is stoopid
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    thrakkes wrote: »

savage ace stated at 1st that scarlet shoulders may be flammable and later updated his post saying it was flammable. savager ace made the mistake but clearly we are not getting flammable scarlet shoulders and that is a very good thing, savage ace just wanted to create drama. Also i feel lucky items need a complete rework cause right now the only lucky item that has any use is the shoulder and it feels like we are being pigeon holed to must having scarlet shoulder for end game which is stoopid

Scarlet Shoulders are able to get bonus stats in KMS and every version that has flames in it (and that's intended)
    the bug is that it's not able to get bonus stats in gms.

i don't know why you are always being worried about what is BiS and whatnot, i saw you post a couple of times about that; no ones forcing you to get the Newest Best-In-Slot items every single time (currently the magic eyepatch and berserked eye and face accessories are BiS and they are very rare drops from hard lotus & damien so Very Very Very few people have them even in KMS)

fyi: an arcane shoulder is still better then even a good flamed scarlet shoulder ( so rest easy ? ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯?)

My advice to you: don't look at what is BiS now or in a couple of months later; as this is an MMORPG and BiS equips come and go that's natural, so if you got something that is BiS now but not in a few months You shouldn't feel rushed to replace it; did it suddenly turn bad, lose potentials/scrolls/stars ? no it didn't.

About the lucky item rework; that's up to KMS' decision GMS can't influence that.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    scarlet shoulder does have flames but we currently can't change from the 4% neb compensation flame