[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning player questions

Fazed65Fazed65
Reactions: 200
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Hey all, I'm recently coming back into the mix after a *very* long time away from the game (I'm guessing like 6 years from the "7th anniversary" maple coins in the inventory of one of my characters).

One thing I noticed on some of my characters is that uh, they've had skills removed or changed completely since then and locations have had massive shifts in level range and what not (I waltzed into Showa Town recently on a new Cadena and my old 181 Zero and was extremely first surprised that the Fire Raccoons hit my 2nd job Cad for over 6000 and my Zero died to a mob of grunts on the Showa Town streets while I was distracted).

So uh, can I have a catch-up list on everything or at least what can be answered of what all has changed over the last 6 years?
(something else slightly off-topic is aren't cash items meant to be permanent? Last time I played I remember my Aran having a red heart t shirt and red hip hop pants and a cap that's just nowhere to be found anywhere now)

Comments

• UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited June 2018
    So Showa Town got a revamp, making it a great place to train from 160-170. However that does mean that the mobs here aren't easy to kill anymore. The Fire Raccoons got changed way before this and are part of the Mushroom Shrine Tales questline if I'm not wrong.

Most characters have been reworked since you have last played, thanks to the RED update. For example you don't need to become a pro Street Fighter player while playing Aran and can just press the key that the skill is binded to. rip corsair battleship 2k13
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Some cash items are permanent. In GMS, permanent items typically come from three sources:
    • Premium Surprise Style Boxes, which are also tradeable with other players through the Auction House until equipped
    • Special individual item sales (such as the western-themed equips sold last week), which are not tradeable (except during cash transfer events, at which point they can be moved between characters in your world)
    • Special package sales (such as the Erda set being sold this week), which are not tradeable in the same way individual equips aren't tradeable
    Popular items include permanent transparent items, which are typically sold around Thanksgiving/Black Friday and can also be obtained through Marvel Machine.

If you wish to see an item or set sold in the future, there is a request thread located here.
  • Fazed65Fazed65
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018
    Well, the issue with the cash costume was it was purchased during a period when a "permanent" duration was available so I took advantage of it since I don't really like the majority of warrior armor in the game, but then I come back and see my hairstyle and eyes are as I left them, but the clothes are just gone.

On gameplay however, I'm assuming pirates/marauders lost the ability to change into the "super saiyan"/energy forms at some point? It feels a little odd personally with it gone and I noticed that a few other things changed on other characters on account of reset points and the like, yet some like Xenon, Mercedes, and Kanna seem untouched at best yet still received SP resets?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    There has been a lot of skill balances and changes, that’s why they have gotten skill resets
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Fazed65 wrote: »
    Well, the issue with the cash costume was it was purchased during a period when a "permanent" duration was available so I took advantage of it since I don't really like the majority of warrior armor in the game, but then I come back and see my hairstyle and eyes are as I left them, but the clothes are just gone.

On gameplay however, I'm assuming pirates/marauders lost the ability to change into the "super saiyan"/energy forms at some point? It feels a little odd personally with it gone and I noticed that a few other things changed on other characters on account of reset points and the like, yet some like Xenon, Mercedes, and Kanna seem untouched at best yet still received SP resets?

If the clothes are gone it may not have been permanent. If you really miss the items I'd contact support, although how far back their records go and how willing they'd be to help you I cannot say.

Explorers were revamped in the RED update (along with their storyline, tying them into the main story), which you can see in their animated opening. Other classes like Xenon and Mercedes were tweaked, but were not revamped in the same way Explorers were (also compared to classes like Aran and Evan, which were revamped and overhauled entirely in the Heroes of Maple update).
    Buccaneers retain their Transformation as one of their 5th job skills, Meltdown.
    http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Meltdown
    You can get 5th job skills at level 200, along with access to the Arcane River area (the only place you can obtain the Nodestone items needed for 5th job), after completing the prequests.