[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Rune Ideas (post yours too)

NickSephirothNickSephiroth
Reactions: 800
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
My main idea is
Rune of Power: for 10 seconds your damage range is doubled but your boss damage is halved (this is to reduce the usage against elite monsters elite bosses and the rare chance of using it against bosses like Zakum)

Rune of buffs: gives the activator a random buff like obsidian skin for 5 seconds, invincibility or damage reflect for 3 seconds, or the best buff instant death for 1 attack; of course those are the rare buffs the more common buffs will be a 50% to magic att/regular att/att speed/def/movement speed.

Rune of the gambler: for 2 minutes your damage and boss damage is halved but in exchange you get triple exp for 2 minutes (evan's link skill makes the debuff last for 1 min 45 seconds instead of 2 minutes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    The runes shouldn’t have a draw back.

I just want the rune that spawns more monsters, but if I had to create one, let’s see.

Rune of perseverance: either blocks an x number of attacks, say something like 3-5 so it’s not too op, or it blocks % based attacks (so you can use it in boss fights)
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I once had these two rune suggestions:
    Rune of Energy: Ignore all MP costs.
    Rune of Ironclad: 100% Stance and 15% less damage taken.
    But instead, they were spliced into the Rune of Recovery. (MP Recovery was close enough to ignoring MP costs.)

Anyway, here are my suggestions:
    Rune of Sharpness: Set Crit Rate to 100% and gain up to 50% Crit Damage based on your Crit Rate prior to activating the Rune. Every 1% prior Crit Rate gives 0.5% Crit Damage.
    Rune of Talent: +1 Level to all skills except 5th Job Skills. 4th Job Skills can go beyond max level. (Works like Decent Combat Orders.)
    Rune of Charm: For 60 seconds, half of monsters that spawn are redirected to where you are. Redirected monsters become Untouchable (Touch damage negated) for 5 seconds. Leaving the map where the Rune was activated will cancel the main effect.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    Rune of Risk: For the duration, damage received from mobs are doubled and all monsters have increased speed, damage resistance and occasional cast slow, seal, potion lock on the player. However, the player gets another multiplicative 100% EXP and Drop rate boost on top of the regular 100% EXP.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Monshiro
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    I'd like the rune of riches to be fixed tbh, mostly. I can never catch 99% of the drops, and having to bounce around in mobs in the bottom of the map is frustrating. I'd like it to be different. Maybe like...Rune of Presents? And it drops a present with some goodies that goes into your inventory to open when you can.
    GummiBare
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    [ Rune of Looting ] Any items on the map that you haven't picked up go to your inventory, as long as you have space.

[ Rune of Flight ] You can fly for a short amount of time by holding the jump button mid air.

[ Rune of Sacrifice ] Sacrifices HP to increase damage.

[ Rune of Hydra ] Like Destruction and Darkness combined. Summons a Hydra to instantly kill all mobs on the screen and spawning 5 elite monsters.

[ Rune of Tenacity ] Increases attack speed by 5 and decreases cooldowns to 0 for a few seconds.

[ Rune of Shadows ] Creates a shadow behind you that attacks, doubling damage.
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    edited June 2018

I just want the rune that spawns more monsters, but if I had to create one, let’s see.

Rune of perseverance: either blocks an x number of attacks, say something like 3-5 so it’s not too op, or it blocks % based attacks (so you can use it in boss fights)

What does perseverance have to do with blocking attacks?

edited June 2018
    GummiBare wrote: »

In boxing, perseverance is what holds you up after your opponent delivers a K.O punch, but you take it and press forward. In general, perseverance is what holds you up after an event occurs which others would normally crumble, but you push forward.
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    edited June 2018
    GummiBare wrote: »

In boxing, perseverance is what holds you up after your opponent delivers a K.O punch, but you take it and press forward. In general, perseverance is what holds you up after an event occurs which others would normally crumble, but you push forward.

Perseverance is to keep trying. Has really nothing to do with boxing. If you were to make one based off of boxing, it'd be [ Rune of Perseverance ] You take 50% less damage.
    edited June 2018
    If you're getting beat down, and you continue to push forward, how is that not to persevere. It's much more than keep trying, it's to dig in deep when you cant anymore.

Edit to me made up rune: Rune of Perseverance ; Blocks 2 one hit ko attack (if fighting boss) or reduces % based and physical/magic attacks by 30% for duration of rune 30 seconds
  • NickSephirothNickSephiroth
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2019
    Rune of the Warrior: doubles your max health
    Rune of the Mage: doubles your max MP
    Rune of the Archer: increases critical rate by 50% up to 100% total
    Rune of the Thief: increases critical damage by 50% up to 100% total
    Rune of the Pirate: triples your attack speed (a better version of rune of swiftness)
    Rune of the Vampire: all attacks for the next 20 seconds drain your foes health and adds it you yours
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I don't have any suggestions except this, a rune should NEVER have a drawback, since they are REQUIRED to activate if you want to keep grinding on that map.

Oh and, necro thread.
    SlicedTime
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    6z81WA8.png
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2019
    Rune of Magnetism- Attracts mobs, pulling them in and damaging them as well as repelling players and damaging them as well

edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    6z81WA8.png

lol nice