[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ark discussion

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited June 2018 in General Chat
What are your thoughts on the class thus far?
And what would you change?
scholar624

Comments

• FullCircleFullCircle
    Reactions: 960
    edited June 2018
    I know the Ark character is new, but I have never had a character like this before.

In all the years I have played Maplestory, I have never got bored with a character before I even reach level 12.

The cut scenes are just too annoying, and worse, you cant skip them.
    They even stop you from putting points in. The messages won't stop even after it opens the stats menu to add your first set of points, it just drones on and on and on.

Not a fun start to this new character.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2018
    Ehh enjoyed them personally, but then again guess if you #gottagofast! then i can see maybe why some ppl would be salty?

But i digress, the name of the game "is" maple "story" idk just hold down space bar and press enter when needed?
  • FullCircleFullCircle
    edited June 2018
    Don't get me wrong, I am not against the cut scenes for people who want to get to know the background of a character.

It's the fact you can't skip them, I was really hoping a 'Skip cut scene' box was going to pop up, but alas no.
  • BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited June 2018
    So what is your desire too get to 200 buy a quest booster enjoy the game all those plp trying to get to 200 or 250 are just noobs cause those levels are not even a accomplishment anymore.
  • FullCircleFullCircle
    edited June 2018
    I do not have any desire to get to level 250 fast, my posting was regarding having the option to skip cut scenes if I wanted to, nothing more.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    FullCircle wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I am not against the cut scenes for people who want to get to know the background of a character.

It's the fact you can't skip them, I was really hoping a 'Skip cut scene' box was going to pop up, but alas no.

That's interesting, cause I know that some of the classes that have long cut scene intros/tutorials usually offer the option to skip (not sure if it's all class, but I know that some do). Maybe it's a bug/was accidentally overlooked. Hopefully we'll get a semi-formal reply from the forum mods.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited June 2018
    OP, do you mean dialogue or cutscenes (animation)?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Haven't got to playing him yet, but story/appearance wise/first impression, I feel like he's a mesh of Luminous (heterochromia and split powers) and Shade (knuckle and lost memories....[at least I think that's Shade's backstory? Haven't properly played him either, xd]).
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Hmm i like ark
    I dunno what people talk about with "carpal tunnel" and " broken fingers".

Arks mobbing is so good.
    Had 1 day exp coupon and exp 2x buff

2 lvl ups in seconds because i speed through maps.

edited June 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Haven't got to playing him yet, but story/appearance wise/first impression, I feel like he's a mesh of Luminous (heterochromia and split powers) and Shade (knuckle and lost memories....[at least I think that's Shade's backstory? Haven't properly played him either, xd]).

his story is anime-like, best friend back stabs him / goes down a dark path, ark realizes what theyre doing is wrong so he leaves the army. and yeah his style is a blend
    Hmm i like ark
    I dunno what people talk about with "carpal tunnel" and " broken fingers".

Arks mobbing is so good.
    Had 1 day exp coupon and exp 2x buff

2 lvl ups in seconds because i speed through maps.

yeah, i really like playing ark, they probably havent played blaster lol

foussiremix
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    edited June 2018
    story wise its ok i mean i enjoyed it but i have watched way to much anime and can see how this plays out, gameplay wise dear god its like a TB and Bucc merged and they gave it a ton of cooldowns to balance the power out (seriously if this class had no cooldowns like TB it would be top dog in specter mode) the mobbing is fun and very mobile, while bossing is way to easy just specter up use bind+ pop hypers and hold 1 button and let auto spell do its thing.
    DarkPassenger
  • LuxxLuxx
    Reactions: 1,795
    edited June 2018
    So what is your desire too get to 200 buy a quest booster enjoy the game all those plp trying to get to 200 or 250 are just noobs cause those levels are not even a accomplishment anymore.
    Did someone piss in your Cheerio's?
    All he wants is a Skip thing. I personally don't care about Ark's story that much and would very much
    of liked a skip CS and so did my other friends. Quit jumping the dudes behind over an option.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2018
    Has anyone tried playing around with his magic bullet settings; swapping between auto and manual via right clicking?

Seems trivial to be saving up charges in manual mode when auto firing his projectiles would 1shot nearby monsters regardless.

Were there cases while playing Ark where you opted for manual or was this skill better as a “set it and forget it” schematic?
    edited June 2018
    for laptop users, auto would be easier since you miss out on 4-5 keys being near your right hand, but over all you just miss out on marginal damage, which is only noticeable when youre at high range, when I first made the ark, I used manual mode since I was weak, but after 3rd job I use auto since the combos take care of the monsters with that 2 missles as back up

I'll try it out in bossing to see if there is any damage difference and ill write the character stats

Similar to that, I only use spectre mode when an elite monster/boss and boss fight happens.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Luxx wrote: »
    Did someone piss in your Cheerio's?
    All he wants is a Skip thing. I personally don't care about Ark's story that much and would very much
    of liked a skip CS and so did my other friends. Quit jumping the dudes behind over an option.

*opinion

xd
    #sorrysemispellingocd

edited June 2018
    Option is correct since it is about the option OP wanted to skip the cutscenes. Unless, it's about the opinion of Ark cutscenes being too long.
    YinYangXLuxx
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    edited July 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried playing around with his magic bullet settings; swapping between auto and manual via right clicking?

Seems trivial to be saving up charges in manual mode when auto firing his projectiles would 1shot nearby monsters regardless.

Were there cases while playing Ark where you opted for manual or was this skill better as a “set it and forget it” schematic?

Will honestly say full bullet is only good for when your in a party and you use the lvl 150 buff to give everyone in party the full effect time of your spell charge buff after you charge up 5 bullets.

On another note why did nexon not just make it like phantom and let the bullets fly when you get a full charge of 5 bullets? or let you set it to how ever many bullets you want before they launch?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Option is correct since it is about the option OP wanted to skip the cutscenes. Unless, it's about the opinion of Ark cutscenes being too long.

Mb, ty for correction (and apologizes to original comment). My head just automatically jumps to "opinion" whenever someone else is defending what someone else said (since opinions can't be proven as true or false.)
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Cut Scenes can be a bit much which is why I need to never delete my ark or make him on another server lol

Sometimes the Youtube cut-scenes can be skipped by pressing "Esc" ;)
    edited July 2018
    I made 3 arks already; Windia, Reboot and reboot on another account.