[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hackers/Botters Solution?

ZaipheraZaiphera
Reactions: 810
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know it's hard on you to get all those baddies out there but how are you're supposed to get those botters/hackers who are taking MONEY from your business while you guys are offline. I would like to suggest that you have night shifts and day shifts to take care of this mess. Course it's none of my business if someone is botting your 'protected' game and using it to gather all those mesos and sell them behind your back. Then go ahead and let those guys slip on by. I'm just annoyed with trying to train and seeing these guys around who aren't even at their pc constantly fighting mobs, floating in the air, teleportation all over the map and not taking damage when they are supposed to. This has been going on for YEARS and STILL there are PLENTY of botter/hackers, and YES I have been reporting them, every time I see them but there isn't enough reports to report the baddies so some slip by my reports because of this. PLEASE do something about your security and try to lower DOWN the population of these pesky botters/hackers.
Lyeden
    No results for this poll

Comments

• YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    The thing is a lot of these botters buy NX, so nexon is actually getting money from them. However, they are a huge nuisance in the game. I was trying to grind at cpt. kru in herb town and I kept getting taken over by hackers. They don't even care if someone is on a map or not that can report them since they make so many accounts. It doesn't seem like a problem nexon is ever going to take care of and frankly I've given up any hope that it will ever change.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited June 2018
    Zaiphera wrote: »
    I know it's hard on you to get all those baddies out there but how are you're supposed to get those botters/hackers who are taking MONEY from your business while you guys are offline. I would like to suggest that you have night shifts and day shifts to take care of this mess. Course it's none of my business if someone is botting your 'protected' game and using it to gather all those mesos and sell them behind your back. Then go ahead and let those guys slip on by. I'm just annoyed with trying to train and seeing these guys around who aren't even at their pc constantly fighting mobs, floating in the air, teleportation all over the map and not taking damage when they are supposed to. This has been going on for YEARS and STILL there are PLENTY of botter/hackers, and YES I have been reporting them, every time I see them but there isn't enough reports to report the baddies so some slip by my reports because of this. PLEASE do something about your security and try to lower DOWN the population of these pesky botters/hackers.

Hahahaha, Solution? that's really funny.
    People have been screaming and crying, making tears like a river for over 7 years now...
    Especially these days... when there are 13 botters in Ch 1 Bera, Henesys, spamming every single person in here...
    When we need Nexon the most... they're gone... (like the usual).

So if I were you, my suggestion to you is to simply give up (just like I did), that's the solution.
  • teemoooosteemoooos
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited July 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    The thing is a lot of these botters buy NX, so nexon is actually getting money from them. However, they are a huge nuisance in the game. I was trying to grind at cpt. kru in herb town and I kept getting taken over by hackers. They don't even care if someone is on a map or not that can report them since they make so many accounts. It doesn't seem like a problem nexon is ever going to take care of and frankly I've given up any hope that it will ever change.

Nexon gets most of their income from their legitimate players. It is hard getting rid of them and they are the cause of all the inflation in GMS. 50m in KMS is good meso (non reboot) and due to America's freedom on the internet, they can't limit one account to one physical human being. Korea used to have a system where you needed a Korean ID number (given to citizens at birth) but they changed it to require a working Korean Phone number. I think that is reasonable to implement since Gmail practically requires the same thing nowadays.