[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MVP Expires?

ZerpZerp
Reactions: 390
edited July 2018 in General Chat
I was just looking through new stuff in cash shop and then realized, I lost my Silver MPV (reduced by 1 rank).
What's going on? Do they degrade over time or something?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yes, your MVP rank is calculated by your NX spending in the current month and two months back.
    As today is July 1st, your spending in April no longer counts towards your MVP status. Only spending in May, June, and July (even though it just started).
  • ZerpZerp
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the info...
    I find it interesting Nexon throws a stream of text, pop ups and advertising at players, but they consistently forget to mention that NX (and apparently almost everything related to NX) expires.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Zerp wrote: »
    Thanks for the info...
    I find it interesting Nexon throws a stream of text, pop ups and advertising at players, but they consistently forget to mention that NX (and apparently almost everything related to NX) expires.

The second paragraph of the web notice introducing the MVP system: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//21036/ clearly states:
    Nexon wrote:
    MVP Special ranks are based on the amount of NX spent within the past 3 months (starting from March 1) and can go up or down.
  • ZerpZerp
    edited July 2018
    Am I supposed to know I have to look for that? The game doesn't event hint at it.

I mean, I'm sure it says that somewhere on website. The game already has loads of links to everything, so I don't think it would be a problem for them to add that linked you provided to the MVP UI in cash shop.
    It also says that NX expires somewhere (I found it after explicitly searching for it), but it's not where it has to be on the billing page.
    Go to nexon's billing page and tell me if you see the link to terms of sale (that is where they mention about expiration of NX cash), because I cannot see it.

I know it might seem obvious to veterans, who have been here since release of MVP, but most other MMOs don't have expiring currencies and the ones that have expiring services (similar to MVP), state very clearly, that it's a service that requires upkeep.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited July 2018
    What i find most obscure about MVP is that it takes last spending of 3 months to decide if it will go down a rank or stay the same...well i spent well over 400$ last year july in DMT that got me from bronze VI to silver and half way to silver 2, now i up to this point havent been spending much if not any nx at all but that day i was like "ima get some gains!" so i splurged got silver for a good month then poof right back to bronze...

What im getting at if i spend well over 400$ or more why the everloving god would it reduce my rank even if i spent nothing those past 2 months the final month should go into consideration but NOPE just hah ty for the cash try again with MORE cash next time...i even wrote a ticket and to this day its still not answered the gm that responded did not even give me a clear answer just we looking into it then 3 months later closed...
    xLelouchz
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2018
    I agree that it is broken. I have had times that I spent enough to get a higher rank just before the end of a month and then got a lesser rank as soon as the next month started. What happened to it being based on the spending of the last 3 months? If I just earned a rank I should have the benefit of that rank for at the very least 3 months!
  • ZerpZerp
    edited July 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I agree that it is broken. I have had times that I spent enough to get a higher rank just before the end of a month and then got a lesser rank as soon as the next month started. What happened to it being based on the spending of the last 3 months? If I just earned a rank I should have the benefit of that rank for at the very least 3 months!

Actually, I am in a very similar situation. I got the silver rank later in may, got the benefits for maybe 35 days (2 of which were unplanned downtime, on the times I could play by the way), and then went right back down to bronze.... If I knew that it would work like that I would delay the silver to late June so I can play ark with silver bonuses... or maybe not bother at all. I generally don't like spending cash on temporary boosts, unless they are like 10$ / month premiums, while this is what... 133$ / month upkeep?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    You're not supposed to spend NX just to get MVP. MVP is supposed to be a bonus you get for spending what you intended to spend anyway.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    yep, mvp is an incentive to spend on nx but not the main reason to spend
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2018
    Still when that bonus doesn't even work for 30 days...