[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Discovery Field ending too soon

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited July 2018 in General Chat
Anyone else feel the discovery field part of the Ark quests ended /way/ too soon?
Most of the other discovery quests are until early August, yet this one ended today.
Frankly, I'm rather annoyed, it was the best way to get Ark coins, since I'd much rather grind and do quests than sit at the tree or do the mindless things like fishing, etc.

Anyone else mad this is gone?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    yeah I preferred the field one over this weather one. I could do without the buffs and increased points, if it's temporary. A consistent stream is better than rush at once
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Anyone else feel the discovery field part of the Ark quests ended /way/ too soon?
    Most of the other discovery quests are until early August, yet this one ended today.
    Frankly, I'm rather annoyed, it was the best way to get Ark coins, since I'd much rather grind and do quests than sit at the tree or do the mindless things like fishing, etc.

I mean that's like saying Bingo/Code Guesser ended too soon, which neither did, they just got replaced with a different rotation of event. Field got replaced by Weather. And how Ocean is about to get replaced by Sky by the end of the week.
    Also, maybe I just farm/grind slowly, but could you get ~10 coins in 5mins while grinding with Discover Field? o.O
    Grinding is more or less as mindless as fishing. >.>
    Not saying I don't prefer Field > Weather, but personally don't think you've brought any good justifications to bring it back.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

I mean that's like saying Bingo/Code Guesser ended too soon, which neither did, they just got replaced with a different rotation of event. Field got replaced by Weather. And how Ocean is about to get replaced by Sky by the end of the week.
    Also, maybe I just farm/grind slowly, but could you get ~10 coins in 5mins while grinding with Discover Field? o.O
    Grinding is more or less as mindless as fishing. >.>
    Not saying I don't prefer Field > Weather, but personally don't think you've brought any good justifications to bring it back.

Grinding is at least more helpful for your character though. I'm trying out a lot of characters atm and it's much preferable to be able to level up while grinding for ARK coins. Unless I'm mistaken, Fishing isn't granting me any exp. That's why I prefer the field one. I'm much more into grinding than playing games that aren't helping advance my level. Plus I find the fishing game to be tedious and boring, frankly.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Grinding is at least more helpful for your character though. I'm trying out a lot of characters atm and it's much preferable to be able to level up while grinding for ARK coins. Unless I'm mistaken, Fishing isn't granting me any exp. That's why I prefer the field one. I'm much more into grinding than playing games that aren't helping advance my level. Plus I find the fishing game to be tedious and boring, frankly.

I enjoy Discovery Weather a lot more than Field, especially for leveling since it comes with an EXP bonus. I think it's a bit better for points as well, depending on how fast you kill.

I'm killing about 75 mobs per 30 seconds on my Paladin which I'm mostly just concerned about farming points on, so ultimately, I get 2250 points per 1k mobs with weather (one full cycle of weather buffs) vs 1k points (1 point per mob) + 240 points (80 per elite mob, about 3 elite mobs in 1k normal mobs) + a max of 200 points (10 points per combo orb, a maxiumum of 20 combo orbs in 1k mobs) for a total of just 1440 points in 1k mobs with Discovery Field (runes and elite bosses are a bit tougher to count since runes depend on time and elite bosses depend on time and kills, hell, even elite mobs are a bit generous since at 75 mobs per 30 seconds, I'd never get 3 elite mobs in a span of 1k kills), plus you'd get even more with kishin or frenzy
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

Just cause you like a way better doesn't make it the "best way to get Ark coins". Like I said, maybe I grind slow, but I could get ~10coins/5min with fishing, but it would take me ~7-10min to get the same 10coins grinding. If Maplestory made grinding the best way to get coins in any event, then there'd be no point in the other aspects of the events cause that'd be all anyone did, hence why they give better coin/time rates to encourage people to try the other things at least. Similar to what I said before, just cause you find something tedious and boring doesn't mean it's not the "best way to get Ark coins."
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited July 2018
    I like the fishing more. Even though i don't get xp, i can get ark coins a lot faster.
    YinYangX
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited July 2018

Just cause you like a way better doesn't make it the "best way to get Ark coins". Like I said, maybe I grind slow, but I could get ~10coins/5min with fishing, but it would take me ~7-10min to get the same 10coins grinding. If Maplestory made grinding the best way to get coins in any event, then there'd be no point in the other aspects of the events cause that'd be all anyone did, hence why they give better coin/time rates to encourage people to try the other things at least. Similar to what I said before, just cause you find something tedious and boring doesn't mean it's not the "best way to get Ark coins."

I never said it was the best way. I said it was more helpful than fishing because you're at least still gaining exp.
    I got many more coins grinding than I did with fishing, and even if it was less, still being able to gain exp while training would be a more than fair trade-off to me.
    I have no issue with mini-games and other ways to get coins. I never said I did. All I said was that discovery field ended too soon, and I find it preferable.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I never said it was the best way. I said it was more helpful than fishing because you're at least still gaining exp.
    I got many more coins grinding than I did with fishing, and even if it was less, still being able to gain exp while training would be a more than fair trade-off to me.
    I have no issue with mini-games and other ways to get coins. I never said I did. All I said was that discovery field ended too soon, and I find it preferable.

Third line, your original post. xd
    And like I said, it didn't end too soon, or else you should be saying Bingo/Code Guess/(soon) Fishing is ending too soon.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited July 2018

Third line, your original post. xd
    And like I said, it didn't end too soon, or else you should be saying Bingo/Code Guess/(soon) Fishing is ending too soon.

...You got me there, lol. I missed that when I re-read all my posts to see if I actually said that, too. But I really did mean personally, I found it to be the best way. I like to be able to grind and get exp when getting coins, I'm not a fan of mini-games (especially with all the lag these days)
    YinYangX
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    For my mules, Weather seems to be worse since they aren't all that strong but for my main it is great since I'm done in like 10 minutes now and always have the exp buff. Fishing is pretty awful :(
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

...You got me there, lol. I missed that when I re-read all my posts to see if I actually said that, too. But I really did mean personally, I found it to be the best way. I like to be able to grind and get exp when getting coins, I'm not a fan of mini-games (especially with all the lag these days)

Same, to be honest did I preferred Field > Ocean when I had the time, but Fishing was the definitely the way to farm coins if you're in a time crunch.
    Personally think my coin rate is about the same though between Field and Weather, though Weather gives the small bit of exp boost.