[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Same Sex Marriage

catplayer64catplayer64
Reactions: 510
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think you guys should add same gender marriage to the game.
aufeuz

Comments

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Oh god. Ok, i'll explain the whole process of why the game can't add it in.

1) Nexon America is a publishing company even though they try to code in other maplestory version which could make the game/patch more buggy but who the hell cares, but they get their files from KMS and KMS makes all the New maps and most of the New theme dungeons and etc. It's a taboo to be in a relationship with the same gender in korea.

2) From what i heard GMS is running with a really old code of some sort, and for them to update it they have to clear out the whole game or something (i don't really know, but it more like they're depending on some old hardware that could just break any second, so i'm guessing that's why they can't really make much changes as they did long time ago (Jett is a good example of a failure of a class and an example of an attempt nexon america tried to make)

i think that's about it.
    There's also some old posts asking the same thing, but most of them got removed or closed because some people were being homophobic or religious.

catplayer64aufeuz
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018
    Add a sex change option too, male royal styles are just too goddamn ugly and I regret making my character male
    aufeuz
  • genesism4g3genesism4g3
    Reactions: 910
    edited July 2018
    +1 for both comments nexon america shall be independant and add thoose two features were in 2018 not in 1945 so please.
    aufeuz
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited July 2018
    Yea, Korea isn't a big supporter of lgbt rights. This is a perfect example of how Nexon America having little (or no?) discretion can be very detrimental to the PR side of things. Really, no same sex marriage in 2018? tbh this is a terrible oversight of cultural inconsistencies that makes Nexon looks pretty bad, at the very least old fashion (atleast to the GMS demographic). Nexon should atleast realize its a marketable decision for gms, that is in the general public interest in america.
  • catplayer64catplayer64
    Reactions: 510
    edited July 2018
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    Oh god. Ok, i'll explain the whole process of why the game can't add it in.

1) Nexon America is a publishing company even though they try to code in other maplestory version which could make the game/patch more buggy but who the hell cares, but they get their files from KMS and KMS makes all the New maps and most of the New theme dungeons and etc. It's a taboo to be in a relationship with the same gender in korea.

2) From what i heard GMS is running with a really old code of some sort, and for them to update it they have to clear out the whole game or something (i don't really know, but it more like they're depending on some old hardware that could just break any second, so i'm guessing that's why they can't really make much changes as they did long time ago (Jett is a good example of a failure of a class and an example of an attempt nexon america tried to make)

i think that's about it.
    There's also some old posts asking the same thing, but most of them got removed or closed because some people were being homophobic or religious.

Thank you, i just wish it was something they could add or figure out how to do.
  • aufeuzaufeuz
    Reactions: 500
    edited May 2021
    Yess
This discussion has been closed.