[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hecaton boss

DiximaNDiximaN
Reactions: 1,390
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This boss was on EMS as I remember, why not bringing him back here?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »

Don't quote me on it, but I think it had something to do with causing massive server lag or something.
    teemoooos
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2018

Skip to 9:08.
  • SevienSevien
    Reactions: 455
    edited July 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

[Video]

Skip to 9:08.

Nova was a while ago and we haven't heard anything since :( . I seem to remember reading about another region (I think it was SEA? Or maybe JMS) having a different version of Hekaton requiring less players and therefore causing less server problems. I wonder if we could get something like that.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    People complaining about the lag in Bera (rightfully so I suppose), yet people also want hecaton
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    People complaining about the lag in Bera (rightfully so I suppose), yet people also want hecaton

Your point? The Bera lag isn't related at all to a boss that's not even in the game yet, and we already know it won't be implemented until they can solve the stability issues with Hekaton. Calling for an update on what the status is on getting this boss has nothing to do with people complaining about Bera being laggy. Nobody is saying "we don't care, just bring us hekaton, stability be damned".
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »

Your point? The Bera lag isn't related at all to a boss that's not even in the game yet, and we already know it won't be implemented until they can solve the stability issues with Hekaton. Calling for an update on what the status is on getting this boss has nothing to do with people complaining about Bera being laggy. Nobody is saying "we don't care, just bring us hekaton, stability be damned".

my point is, there would be more to complain about thats my point.

In fact, it is quite related as Ying stated, the issues were stability and lag. If Bera is never fixed and there aren't ways to stabilize Hecaton, then the two are very much related, aren't they? Now, im not stating that the two threads ( the bera lag and this thread are related) but the topics are, aren't they? Jesus Christ. don't have to be a mathematician to put 2 and 2 together, not to be a d*** though.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Your post made it seem like you thought it was wrong of people to ask about hekaton because of the current unrelated instability issues. Of course I personally also want the Bera lag resolved, but that doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about when and how hekaton can be implemented. I'd love to see hekaton added as soon as they figure out how to do it without breaking the servers, Bera lag or not. It'd be nice to hear if they've made any progress on it.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

yup i'm pretty sure nexon america can look at different things at the same time.