[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flames not working right on non-kms items?

Comments

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I am so very, very shocked that Nexon doesn't do anything about bugs that don't interfere with their ability to make money or that allow people to gain even the tiniest of benefits
  • CutyJerryCutyJerry
    Reactions: 525
    edited July 2018
    It has been over 3 weeks since this happened, will you guys give us updates anytime soon?
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    great communication and transparency =(
    rip this week aswell
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/32458/scheduled-minor-patch-july-12-2018
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Just curious.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    The longer they wait the harder it is for them to send out a compensation. My guess is they haven't implemented a system to keep track of how many flames were used on each item, so they know they can't compensate properly. So they're stretching this for as long as they can so it's no longer expected of them to compensate, and we're just grateful that it's finally fixed.
    Argent
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    edited July 2018
    When will this be fixed Nexon? I thought you would do it at the same time as when you fixed the bug with transposed equipment stats...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Nexon has officially confirmed that these bonus stats on non-KMS items (Gollux, Sweetwater, Terminus, etc) are intentional, not bugged. Sweetwater, Gollux, Terminus, and Sengoku items exceed the stats of normal items, and as such the bonuses normally applied to boss items don't apply (similar to the way Superior items are restricted in some systems).

However in the same post, 25 stars have also been confirmed for the July 25th v.197 patch, and Nexon is currently finalizing the details of the implementation.

http://ow.ly/ZMn130kVA8M

We are requesting confirmation regarding non-KMS class weapons (Beast Tamer Scepter, Hayato Katana, Kanna Fan).
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    According to the latest Maple Memo: Bonus Stats and Equipment Enhancements NO we will not be getting proper flames for non-KMS gear. Incredibly disappointing but completely expected for the GMS team.

Their "fix"? Release 25 stars, but after you have already spent your flames on those non-KMS gear. Likely non-KMS gear will not even get 25 stars since
    The items mentioned above do not follow this special behavior due to many of these equipment already exceeding the capabilities of other equipment obtained from bosses.

It is just another slap to the face to players that have invested in this content.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    edited July 2018
    What seriously? Why do flames behave differently on certain equipment than others, that doesn't really make sense. On KMS these powerful and eternal flames still applied a minimum tier of 4 bonus stats regardless of the item set be it fafnir, or meister etc

Also no where does it mention how it was supposed to work. How are us players to know that using these super-rare flames on our Gollux, Sweetwater etc would give us a lower chance of gaining useful stats as opposed to if we were to apply them on a KMS item.

Just saying if we were informed before then we could have put them to better use. A lot of players are feeling frustrated about spending their hard earned mesos on something that didn't benefit us in any way.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Find it kind of strange that nexon went out of their way to keep gollux strong when we got a patch that would have nerfed double pendant but they're giving it bad flames.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    This isn't a bug, Savage Ace has said in a memo that flames are working as they should on these items, basically so they don't get too over powered. Meaning, no compensation is needed on their part. I'm assuming.
  • ArgentArgent
    edited July 2018
    This isn't a bug, Savage Ace has said in a memo that flames are working as they should on these items, basically so they don't get too over powered. Meaning, no compensation is needed on their part. I'm assuming.

I think the idea is that many people were under the impression that because they dropped from a boss that the items would be flagged eligible for "boss set" tier flames. The extended delay in response had many thinking that maybe Nexon was going through and "fixing" things. And so players may have flamed gear they might not have because of Nexon's failure to communicate, and other players may have rerolled stats on their gear thinking that they should be able to get better stats when they couldn't because the items were not tagged the way some anticipated.

Regardless, I doubt Nexon is going to comp players.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Argent wrote: »

I think the idea is that many people were under the impression that because they dropped from a boss that the items would be flagged eligible for "boss set" tier flames. The extended delay in response had many thinking that maybe Nexon was going through and "fixing" things. And so players may have flamed gear they might not have because of Nexon's failure to communicate, and other players may have rerolled stats on their gear thinking that they should be able to get better stats when they couldn't because the items were not tagged the way some anticipated.

Regardless, I doubt Nexon is going to comp players.

BS. They're getting weaker stats than regular items that drop off regular monsters. Quit accepting their lies so damn easily, i'm tired of people letting this game crumble.
    Neospector wrote: »
    Nexon has officially confirmed that these bonus stats on non-KMS items (Gollux, Sweetwater, Terminus, etc) are intentional, not bugged. Sweetwater, Gollux, Terminus, and Sengoku items exceed the stats of normal items, and as such the bonuses normally applied to boss items don't apply (similar to the way Superior items are restricted in some systems).

However in the same post, 25 stars have also been confirmed for the July 25th v.197 patch, and Nexon is currently finalizing the details of the implementation.

http://ow.ly/ZMn130kVA8M

We are requesting confirmation regarding non-KMS class weapons (Beast Tamer Scepter, Hayato Katana, Kanna Fan).

Lies and deflection. They don't even give stats typical of ordinary monster drops. The fact that it's happening to NON-KMS CLASS WEAPONS should be proof enough that it's all lies and yet you perpetuate it yourself. Stop that.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    Lies and deflection. They don't even give stats typical of ordinary monster drops. The fact that it's happening to NON-KMS CLASS WEAPONS should be proof enough that it's all lies and yet you perpetuate it yourself. Stop that.

Whether you like the results or not, do not put words in Nexon's mouth. Please review the forum code of conduct.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt (FUD)
    - Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.

The memo has stated very clearly that the stats on Gollux, Sweetwater, Japanese, and Terminus weapons are intentional. The VFMs have already filed non-KMS class weapons as its own bug report (as well as Zero weapons, which are not applying properly as well).
    As a supplement, 25 stars is coming earlier than expected.

That is what the memo says. If you don't like it, feel free to say so, but don't call it "lies".

Edit: Since you've instead elected to go on my wall to complain, I've given you a temporary ban. You were already on thin ice before so consider this a cumulative reaction to your past offenses.
    Ideally, this may give you a chance to calm down and start thinking rationally rather than lashing out.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018

Whether you like the results or not, do not put words in Nexon's mouth. Please review the forum code of conduct.
    - Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.

The memo has stated very clearly that the stats on Gollux, Sweetwater, Japanese, and Terminus weapons are intentional. The VFMs have already filed non-KMS class weapons as its own bug report (as well as Zero weapons, which are not applying properly as well).

That is what the memo says. If you don't like it, feel free to say so, but don't call it "lies".

Edit: Since you've instead elected to go on my wall to complain, I've given you a temporary ban. You were already on thin ice before so consider this a cumulative reaction to your past offenses.
    Ideally, this may give you a chance to calm down and start thinking rationally rather than lashing out.

Let's not be naive. It clearly wasn't intentional, they just decided they don't want to fix it. So yes, I'm quite sure it is indeed a lie.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    Let's not be naive. It clearly wasn't intentional, they just decided they don't want to fix it. So yes, I'm quite sure it is indeed a lie.

Again, don't spread FUD, read the rules.

This thread was made to accept two choices, that it was intentional, or that it wasn't intentional. The official memo says it was intentional, so that's what we got. We can work with the results we have, but sitting around shouting "IT'S A LIE YOU'RE LYING YOU LYING LIAR" isn't helping.
  • SinDitBRSinDitBR
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited July 2018
    intentional HAHAHAHA, nothing on this game is intentional dude. I just hope devs from GMS to learn something else besides a hello world before starting working on a previously made maintenance.
    The items are probably not inserted in a table that says which items gets which tier from flames, and because of that they get lower status even than from regular items.

So let's recapitulate: eternal flame, which shouldn't give anything besides tier 4 is giving us tier 0 stats (YEAH, TIER 0) but common, it was intentional the whole time but they just warn us 3 weeks later.. sure.

Now we have two options:

1- Nexon knew it all along and didn't said anything because they don't care about anything besides money, so the best would be everyone spending their money on flames and getting like +5 jump stats on an allegedly end game gear
    2- Nexon didn't notice this until many people reported it. They probably just saw this in the past days and released a note saying "oh, it was intentional because this gear are super strong and everything", they probably have contacted KMS devs to understand the issue and they probably said: "your gear, your work" before they tried to give such an insulting answer to us.

Like, seriously, no one will ever believe this shame argument that Zero sword is getting +2 STR flame on purpose.

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

To be fair, in TMS a region which has gollux and flames, sweetwater and gollux items aren't tagged as boss items as well. (but their flames go only up to tier 3, so i guess gollux & sweetwater goes up to tier 2 there)

and how can we explain that normal and chaos horntail pendants are; dropped by a boss, and part of a boss set, but aren't tagged as a boss item in kms?
    to be honest i don't get what is and shouldn't be a "Boss tagged item", but gollux gear is still plenty strong and BiS if it can go up to 25 stars.

and the flames guide did mention some boss dropped items, though the guide also states that you can get ignore enemy defense as a bonus stat line (which is not accurate) so i don't know what to believe, however i would like them make maple better, and they at least seem to try and listen; they might fail a lot, but we did get flames and are getting 25 stars now, so our requests aren't falling on deaf ears after all.

btw for zero weapons they aren't bugged unless the attack flame stat isn't applying twice (it gets lower tiers and up to 4 (between 1 to 4 lines even with powerful/eternal flames in kms as well)

@SinDitBR on non-boss items, powerful flames gives 1~4 tiers and eternal flames gives 2~5 Tiers and 1~4 lines on both.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited July 2018
    SinDitBR wrote: »
    Like, seriously, no one will ever believe this shame argument that Zero sword is getting +2 STR flame on purpose.

Zero weapons are intentional but still bugged. In KMS, Zero weapons get lower flame tiers but count for double the bonus stats, and player reports indicate they're only being counted once in GMS.
    The memo was strictly about certain items, like Gollux and Sweetwater gear, which players had been asking about.
  • ArgentArgent
    edited July 2018
    @Neospector I think the player base is just frustrated now by the decisions that have been made over the past year. Being constantly told " we do hear your feedback and understand your desire" constantly but little if anything changing has fatigued everyone. I've seen less outburst over this particular change, and when I've questioned guildmates, their response is mostly "complaining doesn't matter." It is quite rare to see our complaints acted on, in fact, I was shocked to see Nexon actually allow Reboot get the Wings and Symbols from the tier 2 Relay box. But that took 3 events of people complaining about the same problem for something to be done.

There is little recourse players have when changes are made that we believe are in error, intentional or not, but to make a complaint. Yet, it is incredibly hard to get any kind of dialogue going with Nexon. Post by any admin on these forums are quite rare and engaging in longer conversations even more so. What more is there for players to do?

But back to the non-KMS item. I think one lingering issue is that there just isn't any clear indicator for players that these items would not receive the same kind of stats as "lesser" items. As an example, the Gollux set is obtained by beating a boss, one reasonably strong one and getting coins to purchase in the bosses coin shop. This is similar to other bosses. Yes, the items from Gollux are great, but at no point would a player think that flames would affect the items any different than something from say, Pink Bean or Arkarium.

Since the items being affected by this flaming issue are strictly non-KMS equips, players are perceiving this as a slight against GMS. That there is some bias that since the content did not originate with the KMS team that it won't be supported the same way. Telling the players it was done to maintain balance isn't a convincing argument and just fans the fires.