[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flames not working right on non-kms items?

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    unknown.png
    When looking at the transpose preview you can see it's losing stats on the starforce (-15str) but gaining that on the flamed stats..
    This should clearly not be the case since if I then reroll the flames I'm losing out on -15 str permanently..

Bonus Stats should not be transferable using the transfer hammer or transposition.
    tek6vEe.png
  • 1DMG1DMG
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2018
    When can I start flaming gear? This bug is terrible
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    edited June 2018
    I was scrolling my main weapon with eternal flames of rebirth and I was receiving tier 2-3 stats. The eternal flame of rebirth is bugged as you're supposed to be garanteed at least tier 4 stats. I'm feeling disappointed because I wasted my flames and got terrible stats. I don't have a screenshot because I rerolled the stats before I realised they were bugged but other players testimonials prove flames are not working as intended.

Will you be able to compensate the 8 eternal flames I used?

Character name: Bandages

Character level: 210

Character job: Night Lord

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 23/06/2018 22:47 GMT
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2018
    Flamed my gollux equips and got crap. You guys just copy-pasted the whole system from KMS and didn't considered that GMS have SOME different things from KMS.

Also, this P2W Scarlet shoulder can be flamed but Arcane(that will come to us soon)/Absolab/Meister/even Empress one cannot be - dafuq?
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited June 2018
    Could be worse, you could be a Kanna.
    Argent
  • LightningSparkLightningSpark
    Reactions: 575
    edited June 2018
    Hmmm... i was wondering why my gollux equips were getting s**t flamed stats.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2018
    I have a character with the Scarlet Shoulder and you CAN'T FLAME SCARLET SHOULDERS!!! People who don't have that item need to stop spouting junk about it. People were saying this before we even got flames. I don't know why this false information has continued to be regurgitated, but again NO FLAMES ON SCARLET SHOULDERS!!!
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I have a character with the Scarlet Shoulder and you CAN'T FLAME SCARLET SHOULDERS!!! People who don't have that item need to stop spouting junk about it. People were saying this before we even got flames. I don't know why this false information has continued to be regurgitated, but again NO FLAMES ON SCARLET SHOULDERS!!!

Yeah, it's currently bugged; scarlet shoulder is supposed to be the only shoulder that can obtain bonus stats in the game.
    it can obtain bonus stats in every region that has bonus stats and flames.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2018
    It tells you that scrolls can't be used on this equip when you try.
  • TeckloTecklo
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2018
    Dumped 40+ eternal flames onto gollux gears. hoping for some consumption after the fix :/
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited June 2018
    So no fix in the maintenance today. Are Nexon waiting for it to be long enough that they won't have to compensate us for the wasted Flames, and fix it a year from now as a "legacy bug"?
  • IcydropIcydrop
    edited June 2018
    Please can you address this in the maintenance today, it is concerning many players that flames don't work as intended on certain equipment. Thanks :)
  • IklardeIklarde
    Reactions: 945
    Is there any official word as to what exactly is going on with gollux+sweetwater equips? It's been over a week since the flame patch has gone live yet people are still hesitating to flame over half their gear.
  • SinDitBRSinDitBR
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited June 2018
    seriously, I just was commenting with my guild mates this problem and they were like "oh, you haven't read the forum?" WHY THERE'S NO NOTIFICATION ABOUT THIS ON MAINTENANCE? I'VE BEEN WASTING ALL MY POWERFUL/ETERNAL FLAMES ON MY GEARS AND THE MAXIMUM I GOT SO FAR WAS 3% ALL STATS. I'M SO UPSET RIGHT NOW :/ just hope you guys found a way to compensate us for this since I've wasted all my ark coins on flames to get +1 attack, +4 str + 4 luk and +8 dex on my gollux set.

Also for onyx maple gun I got only 3% all stats with eternal flame, shouldn't the minimum be 4%? same for raven horn chaser gloves, royal assassin hood and gollux equips

Character name: SinDitBR
    World: Luna
    Incident Date: Ever since Ark update I've been using my flames so I really don't know the exact date I've used on the affected equips
    Amount of flames: Well, I would say more or less 15 counting with powerful and eternal flames.

This is really a shame :/

• IcydropIcydrop
    edited June 2018
    Any new updates yet? It has been over a week now
  • KaiserKYKaiserKY
    Reactions: 930
    edited July 2018
    waiting for a update. please do something about this.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    edited July 2018
    When will this be fixed? Non KMS items make up a big proportion of end game items e.g. superior gollux eqps, sweetwater, arcane etc therefore this bug does have a sizable impact on the game and the flame system in general. It has been a couple of weeks since players have been holding back flaming their main ingame equipment.
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited July 2018
    2 weeks later and they still haven't acknowledged anything
  • LShadow3LShadow3
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Not even a word, when this affects so many players. Especially the players that already transposed are totally screwed over.
  • Kevin987Kevin987
    I used 11 rainbow and crimson flames in total on my gollux gear and got bad stats since i didn't know about the bug and wasn't informed there was a bug at all in maintenance notes. Will I be re-compensated for all the flames that i used since i blew all my mesos on these flames just to reroll my

World: Bera
    Level: 229
    IGN: KevDaBoss