[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot NA>EU Region Transfer

Comments

• HishotodoHishotodo
    Reactions: 960
    edited July 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    At the beggining I see no point to allow transfer from NA to EU, as the fun of a new server means everybody starting an adventure equally and together.

"CC or my friend 200+ will come to ks you till you quit"? No ty.

If the launch of the EU Reboot server is not as successfull as we though I'd say to let the NA players transfer in a near future.

I would agree if I thought Nexon could pull off a mid-game server transfer event realistically. At what point do we allow the transfers? Can we trust Nexon to know when, and actually... You know, do it? How long have normal server players been asking for a big server merge?

Also, you're going to be KSed regardless. Unless you are one of the people eligible for "#1" you are probably going to have to deal with this anyway. People will probably be 200 by day 2 and willing to ks for their buddies. It's kind of a weak argument, just saying.
    Dtx
  • RazzanRazzan
    Reactions: 300
    allowing for transfers from NA to EU after X amount of ppl has reached a certain level could be a solution working for people of both opinions, for example only allow transfering level 200 characters after a certain amount of characters on the server reached lvl200 already.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    I'm not sure if I would transfer, but being given the option would be nice...
  • KamehKameh
    Reactions: 230
    edited July 2018
    Ok so... pretty much the title.
    I honestly don't get it, why we can't get a one time transfer event ? I think it's completely reasonable considering the amount of EU players currently playing the Reboot NA server.
    Not only this transfer will relieve the pressure (to some extent) on the NA server but also it will let the already settled EU players a low ping maple experience.
    If this transfer won't happen I can't see the EU server actually getting populated... sure there's some new players that will go play there because they nothing to lose, but I guess the majority is already geared, worked hard on legion, and they won't give all of that up just to play with low ping.
    Also another thing, this will let us (EU players) play the ping reliant classes, for example in my case the Battle Mage, I really wanna main that class but unfortunately I can't because of the high ping in NA but still I won't go to EU just for the sake of playing that one class.
    I hope Nexon will actually give us the option to transfer
    And in my opinion there's more than enough reasons to let us transfer.
    If needed i'll even make a proper list if anyone want me to ^^
    yonut32DFDFDdarik
  • yonut32yonut32
    Reactions: 640
    edited July 2018
    Kameh wrote: »
    Ok so... pretty much the title.
    I honestly don't get it, why we can't get a one time transfer event ? I think it's completely reasonable considering the amount of EU players currently playing the Reboot NA server.
    Not only this transfer will relieve the pressure (to some extent) on the NA server but also it will let the already settled EU players a low ping maple experience.
    If this transfer won't happen I can't see the EU server actually getting populated... sure there's some new players that will go play there because they nothing to lose, but I guess the majority is already geared, worked hard on legion, and they won't give all of that up just to play with low ping.
    Also another thing, this will let us (EU players) play the ping reliant classes, for example in my case the Battle Mage, I really wanna main that class but unfortunately I can't because of the high ping in NA but still I won't go to EU just for the sake of playing that one class.
    I hope Nexon will actually give us the option to transfer
    And in my opinion there's more than enough reasons to let us transfer.
    If needed i'll even make a proper list if anyone want me to ^^

i really hope they gonna read your comment and this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/8ycl1j/eu_reboot/
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    Reactions: 555
    edited July 2018
    What I don't get is how Reboot servers are supposed to stop P2W and also limit progression in comparison to a normal server. To have level 250s with all legendary end game gear running around on day one completing all the achievements that new players are competing to achieve would be determental to the acquisition of new players. What you essentially want is to split NA reboot, while everyone deserves a good gameplay experience, there is a reason why new servers dont allow world transfers from day one, solely because no new players will play there then, and it clearly draws population from already low populated servers.
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    edited July 2018
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Except no one had any idea they were even considering making an EU Reboot, people asked for years with no clear answer. How are the EU players that made a character on NA Reboot at fault for that. And stop using the competition as a point, no one who suggested EU Reboot wanted it just to compete with people. There willl be almost no competition because it's more worth keeping your progress than starting over just because the latency will be a bit better. They could get a ton of more player's from a transfer in EU Reboot than you think competting on a new world will bring. Even in game people are using smegas to discuss not wanting to go to the EU Reboot.

Well actually, most of us did have an idea, it was announced when NA initially got reboot. You took a chance because you didn't believe that EU reboot would come and thats fine, but there is absolutely no way you thought when starting your journey on NA reboot that you could ever transfer that character if an EU reboot was to come. You're basically just selfishly upset that you have to choose progress over ping. With all normal server introductions there has never ever been a transfer on day one. Yes we know that good ping is another reason why they are introducing this, but if you bring your level 250 character on day one and once I hit the level to do abyss, you carry me and I instantly am geared out and have a significant advantage over other players then that is not okay. Your argument of populating EU reboot is nonsense until we see. You're basically pulling all that population from NA reboot which would, in turn, mean one server could eventually fail. You have a choice in the end of the day to go and start fresh or stay on NA, its your choice, don't selfishly ruin other returning players experiences. Join the fun and start fresh!
  • HerbazyliuszHerbazyliusz
    Reactions: 550
    edited July 2018
    I hope there won't be any world transfers. It's a fresh start, it's great. :) When new league starts in Path of Exile, you don't cry "please allow us to transfer our Standard characters there", no, you start over and enjoy the experience. I've waited for so long for this to happen, the hype is real! Recently came back to MS and this is such a great news. :D
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    That comparison makes absolutely no sense, resetting a competition in POE has nothing to do with creating an EU Reboot world. They are not remotely the same thing, people wanted EU Reboot so that they could actually play the game without the problems that arise from playing in the EU on a NA server. I can't even put into words how little sense this comparison makes.

And you guys are very selfish, I want to be number one in a server so screw everyone else you all have to reset because I want to be top rank. Lol I didn't make a character in NA Reboot and waited for a EU Reboot, before we had knowledge it would be made, so everyone else can just suffer because I didn't do that.
  • BfortbattleBfortbattle
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2018
    Before the merge it was illegal to play on the GMS servers from europe, just before the merge there was a Q&A which answered EU reboot will be a thing. So stop with the nonsense of "not knowing" because you clearly should've known...

Just gonna throw this out there then if you guys get your merge i want merge from Luna to EUreboot as well because i've been waiting to play reboot for years, but this just makes no sense...

no selfishness means we all start equal as it should be!
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    You know what I'm just not gonna say anything else in this thread, I'm tired of people making an argument for why not for literally everything. I could say remove the rare inner ability rank and people will still find a way for that to be bad. My arguments would just make less and less sense each time anyway.
  • ZeifsZeifs
    Reactions: 675
    edited July 2018
    Razzan wrote: »
    allowing for transfers from NA to EU after X amount of ppl has reached a certain level could be a solution working for people of both opinions, for example only allow transfering level 200 characters after a certain amount of characters on the server reached lvl200 already.

I think a better plan would be to allow transfers after a set amount of time. Nobody is going to complain after a year when European NA rebooters transferred their mains over since by then 250 rankings should be filled for every class.

I just hope the European NA rebooters don't get stranded forever, since judging by reddit reactions they would love to transfer if that was an option.
  • KamehKameh
    Reactions: 230
    edited July 2018
    Before the merge it was illegal to play on the GMS servers from europe, just before the merge there was a Q&A which answered EU reboot will be a thing. So stop with the nonsense of "not knowing" because you clearly should've known...

Just gonna throw this out there then if you guys get your merge i want merge from Luna to EUreboot as well because i've been waiting to play reboot for years, but this just makes no sense...

no selfishness means we all start equal as it should be!

Yea sure we "KNEW" reboot eu was coming but at the same time we DIDN'T know when reboot eu is actually going to be released.
    But here we are idk like 2-3 years later and EU server is finally coming, do you really think people would wait untill that server come out so they can play ? many was eager to play the reboot and server and because there was no confirmed date for the EU server many players just went to NA.
    So yea in my opinion keep using that "you know eu reboot was coming" is just not a valid argument.
    And that luna and reboot example was pretty stupid imo but whatever.
    Sorry if you didn't understand me fully English isn't my main language and i can't explain myself as much as i want.
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    edited July 2018
    Everyone needs to chill, it's a new server and it will be treated like a new server. We all hope that one day you might be able to transfer but its just not fair to transfer on day one. I would be up for 3 or 4 channels being assigned and locked for transfers and then there is access to all channels after around a year. All we can say for sure is that regardless, you all will most likely create new characters and enjoy the new server and still have all your progress on NA
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Everyone needs to chill, it's a new server and it will be treated like a new server. We all hope that one day you might be able to transfer but its just not fair to transfer on day one. I would be up for 3 or 4 channels being assigned and locked for transfers and then there is access to all channels after around a year. All we can say for sure is that regardless, you all will most likely create new characters and enjoy the new server and still have all your progress on NA

I don't think channels are the issue.
    It's more a matter of rankings and carries and in general an importation of power that the server hasn't had a chance to progress to normally,
  • MachoGamzerMachoGamzer
    Reactions: 445
    edited July 2018
    I can easily see which players are from NA and EU in this thread.

NA players just see this as another new server with no depth to the issue, EU players see this as finally getting access to the kind of gameplay they enjoy with a good connection to the server.

I can easily spin this "EU players are selfish for starting on NA and not reading that EU Reboot is coming sometime in the far future". How about rewarding the people who put up with limiting gameplay and horrible ping on NA to play on Reboot by allowing them to transfer their beloved characters they have spent countless of hours progressing to the new EU server to show off what they have managed to do.

This "#1 race" is primarily coming from NA players who are not gonna even play on the EU server, and as I said in the beginning of the thread. If this is such an enormous part of the game (abit weird considering new servers aren't really a weekly thing) we could just wait 2 weeks. Considering the top players get to 200 within the first 24 hours and from that day they can carry their friends and build up a guild. So after 2 weeks these top players will have everything and be best.

And please, if you are a NA player who are not gonna play on the EU server, please refrain from expressing your thoughts here, as you are litteraly making it worse for both NA and EU players. If the transfer would happen it would benefit EVERYONE. (Except for the 30 players who compeete for the #1 IF the transfer was to happen from day 1). EU players get's to keep their progress onto a server which satisfy the ping issue and the NA players will benefit due to less stress on the servers making their own servers more reliable.

The argument about "are nexon even able to do this?" is just stupid. You are giving them way less credit than they deserve and they would manage this with ease. Sure it would take some time and there might be some glitches which happens in every game, everytime all the time. But I believe in Nexon and that they eventually would fix this.

Edit: If this was a normal new server coming, I wouldn't have supported the transfer, but this is a whole new concept coming to EU, that people from EU had to play on NA to experience, and that makes the case different.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited July 2018
    We are talking about transfer the NA Reboot server to the new EU Reboot , when merging non-Reboot servers is prio.
  • MachoGamzerMachoGamzer
    edited July 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    We are talking about transfer the NA Reboot server to the new EU Reboot , when merging non-Reboot servers is prio.

Why are you disgussing that in a thread created to suggest a character transfer event from NA Reboot to the new EU Reboot server?
  • MachoGamzerMachoGamzer
    edited July 2018
    Bump. This needs to be talked about
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    wrong thread, disregard this comment